The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think Kotkaniemi for Jokiharju is a fair swap. KK isn't useless, he's just overpaid. Then it's 11+Rosen for Necas, which I view as similar to the DeBrincat return.
I'm not saying he's useless, he just had a bad season and this contract is really not attractive in terms of length. I'd probably be ok with Joki for Kotkaniemi. Although I think 11 and Rosen seem too much for Necas.

I would then use the same Rosen or Johnson+ to get a guy like Marino to replace Joki.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I just don’t agree. He creates offense and can help drive play, and isn’t a black hole in his own end.

He’s a very talented offensive player.

Just because a player isn’t a two-way forward or tough or gritty, doesn’t mean they are Jeff skinner.

His analytics are nigh-identical to Skinner. Great offense, terrible defense

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Necas is nothing like Skinner. Skinner is a better goal scorer, stronger on his skates and better in tight spaces. Necas is more free wheeling, a better playmaker at speed and has elite speed and he can make plays at speed. He’s a one man entry on the PP.

Necas never dogged it coming back. He tries on D, but as a winger, sometimes makes the wrong read or takes the wrong angle.

His biggest flaw IMO, is that at times, he tries to do too much and gets himself into trouble and he hasn’t really gone into the dirty areas. Given who his linemates were, I can see why.

He’d be best on a line with other guys who have speed and can put the puck in the net.

Unlike Skinner, I was hoping the canes would keep Necas, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I don’t begrudge him for wanting to move. He was on PP2 and his most common 5v5 linemates were Jack Drury, Michael Bunting and Kotkaniemi. Last year he was on pp1, played a lot with Svech and Aho (as well as Kotkaniemi )
Can Necas play center?

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
Kotkamiemi with the Canes has 3 goals and 7 assists in 40 playoff games.

He was good for Montreal beforehand.

11 + 2nd round pick (43) for Martin Necas.

That's as far as I want to get bent.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Necas+Kotkaniemi for 11+Jokiharju+Rosen?

Peterka - Thompson - Quinn
Benson - Cozens - Necas
Greenway - Kotkaniemi - Tuch
Krebs - [ADD] - [ADD]
A Canes fan posted Necas and Drury for 11/Rosen/Krebs.

While I'm not a huge fan of "upgrading" Skinner to Necas..............Krebs to Drury is definitively an upgrade. Drury's a pretty damned ideal 3C. In fact, that swap alone (Krebs/Drury) is enough to make me consider being OK with getting Necas.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

While I'm not a huge fan of "upgrading" Skinner to Necas..............Krebs to Drury is definitively an upgrade. Drury's a pretty damned ideal 3C. In fact, that swap alone (Krebs/Drury) is enough to make me consider being OK with getting Necas.
This deal makes a LOT more sense for Buffalo. I’d be pretty psyched to get Necas if he came with Drury. But then I’d probably just rather target Drury alone.

Reactions: DJN21 and Zman5778

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Done deal, no take backskis.

Would be fine adding a secondary prospect or a 4th to get it over the line.

That move plus one of Carrier/Trenin and a #13 like Lafferty would have me excited for the season even with the D unchanged.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I’m not as familiar w Zegras as I am Necas but I’ve never considered Zegras as one-dimensional as Necas.

Do folks find it odd that Adams manages the softest team in the league and is rumored to be going after 2 players who are being moved because they’re too soft?

Necas is not being shopped because he is too soft. He is the one that has reportedly asked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad