The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Just because they don’t trade the pick doesn’t really mean anything. It just means the return wasn’t worth doing.
It could also mean Adams wasn't capable of getting it done. A trade doesn't have to be one for one.

If Adams says 11OA is up for grabs he can also add players or prospects to improve the team.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
My expectations are low right now. I hope to be surprised, but I have some serious doubts.
It makes me wonder what someone like Zito would do with our abundance of assets, I trust him in finding the right players, not so much Adams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It makes me wonder what someone like Zito would do with our abundance of assets, I trust him in finding the right players, not so much Adams.

We will never know. Zito's also shown an ability to find guys on the proverbial trash heap and plug them into roles with his staff that Buffalo just doesn't do. If some new GM was plucking guys off waivers and playing them in the top 4 on defense, most would riot even if the results were good. Same thing with depth guys, energy players, general cast offs... there is no patience for it in Buffalo any more.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Adams need to do something. Look at Florida. He should have so much pressure on him now . Fire him before the season of he havent adressen the team . Look at the tkachuk trade , reinhart etc . Yes you may loss something like tippet and gain something in bennet .

I expect sabres get someone good now and be in the best players line tkachuk if traded and get someone like our version of Bennett in zegras + being able to find these depth players.

He cant just do nothing now

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You can find the players, the hard part can be getting them to come here.
What players? Reinhart, Rodrigues, Montour, who were already here.

Bennett was not needed in Calgary and his career was going downhill.

Verhaeghe was not needed in Tampa, and in Florida he plays almost at a PPG pace and does a lot of good.

Lundell was drafted.

Barkov was drafted.

Zito was not afraid to trade his good defenseman and the aging Huberdeau for Tkachuk.

Kevyn should look at Zito's work and draw conclusions. This does not mean that we should sell the entire farm like him (especially since Adams will not be able to do this with all his desire), but we need good and correct players, give Lindy a good chance at the playoffs and maybe even a cup.

Reactions: jc17

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
What players? Reinhart, Rodrigues, Montour, who were already here.

Bennett was not needed in Calgary and his career was going downhill.

Verhaeghe was not needed in Tampa, and in Florida he plays almost at a PPG pace and does a lot of good.

Lundell was drafted.

Barkov was drafted.

Zito was not afraid to trade his good defenseman and the aging Huberdeau for Tkachuk.

Kevyn should look at Zito's work and draw conclusions. This does not mean that we should sell the entire farm like him (especially since Adams will not be able to do this with all his desire), but we need good and correct players, give Lindy a good chance at the playoffs and maybe even a cup.
hopefully he can find some motivation and make something . If trades coming this Will happen in the next 4 days

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He will probably wait until the draft floor, when trades never happen, then not get a team desperate enough to offer something that "makes sense". You can almost book it there will be an AHL trade to troll us this week.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
He will probably wait until the draft floor, when trades never happen, then not get a team desperate enough to offer something that "makes sense". You can almost book it there will be an AHL trade to troll us this week.
I think you are right . Hopefully this summer it can be different . After next monday we know next season lineup . So he have less then 1 Weekdoing something and maybe 3 days now to make some serious change to the roster. if not able doing this we miss the playoffs again

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My expectations are low right now. I hope to be surprised, but I have some serious doubts.
I have a hard time believing Ruff is fine with the roster construction as it stands today. If I remember his interviews correctly, he wants guys that will get to the net, at least one defensively responsible player on each lie, some grit, etc...I'd say they severely lack those types of players.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a hard time believing Ruff is fine with the roster construction as it stands today. If I remember his interviews correctly, he wants guys that will get to the net, at least one defensively responsible player on each lie, some grit, etc...I'd say they severely lack those types of players.

It's Adams' ability to deliver improvements that is what I question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad