The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He averaged over 17 minutes the season before and less than 14 last season, and you can't tell me he was playing 59 games with a broken foot.
Did you watch the kid play at all last season?

He averaged 17 mins per game last season before he broke his foot and 17 minutes the last month of the season. He broke his foot in between and got fewer minutes. Not sure what point you are even trying to make.

He had under 10 minutes per game for several months since he still wasn't 100%, which obviously brought his season-long average down...which isn't really a metric worth looking at anyway, since you can just watch him play.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Any rumors Buffalo is interested in Zegras?
There were back when he was first talked about as being available. I haven’t heard any fresh ones aside from being one of a dozen teams listed as interested.

Reactions: toddkaz

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Did you watch the kid play at all last season?

He averaged 17 mins per game last season before he broke his foot and 17 minutes the last month of the season. He broke his foot in between and got fewer minutes. Not sure what point you are even trying to make.

He had under 10 minutes per game for several months since he still wasn't 100%, which obviously brought his season-long average down...which isn't really a metric worth looking at anyway, since you can just watch him play.
He didn't play less than 10 minutes for several months, you told me to look at the game logs, maybe take your own advice

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Question / discussion maker:

If the Sabres move the 11th pick for an NHL roster player, which one (reasonable) player would you be excited about, and which one (reasonable) player would you be disappointed in?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Favor, can someone please post a synopsis of the latest rumors for those of us fighting the X wars ?
EF: Skinner to be bought out?

Pagnotta: Buffalo one of the teams interested in Zegras.

ChadD: Buffalo and Washington trade partners? (Not Strome)

Not sure linked to Buffalo:

Philly shopping some players (Frost, Farabee?)
Anaheim taking calls on Vatrano
ChadD: talking John Marino

• Love
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't want either as our 3C. But if a gun was put to my head, I would take Krebs. Zegras is an empty calorie point producer that comes with an inflated cap and acquisition cost. Krebs is cheap, with no acquisition cost, and plays closer to a 3C identity.
I think what a lot of posters are glossing over when talking about what to do with Krebs or any potential bottom-6 C, is that we don't exactly have a dependable top-6 C situation. I hate categorizing what the team will/should do as setting up a "top-6/bottom-6" when the current top two are so flawed.

Cozens could be slotted as a stereotypical 3C that can still add offense, or moved to wing, depending how he develops. That's not a knock, it would be a good thing to have a talent like him playing as a mid-level FW.

Thompson's lack of experience and basic IQ as a C makes him very eligible to slot down as an offense-only mis-match C in a top-9 set-up. Again, if so it's a good thing to have that level of depth.

Each are extremely dependent on good coaching and development right now, and relying on them as is, in top-6 roles is simply a dice roll. So when this board is debating what to do about bottom-6 Cs, there really should be an understanding that what is best for the roster is actually a top-6 C. Yes that sucks and will be very expensive to acquire, but that is the real hole that KA has put the team in. Just because he already gave bags to those guys doesn't mean he has to live and die by that decision and let that roster weakness kill the team's chances in the next couple years. But he most likely will, and most posters will think it's all fine as long as KA gets a 90s style grinder for bottom-6 duty. It will be fine right up until a good playoff team outplays Buffalo through center ice.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

If the Sabres move the 11th pick for an NHL roster player, which one (reasonable) player would you be excited about, and which one (reasonable) player would you be disappointed in?
Excited: Buchnevich

Disappointed: Strome
(Joe from wgr proposed 11oa, Ostlund and Krebs for Strome. That sounds like a crazy price too me)

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Lets be honest, Adams is only talking about doing whatever it takes to lull the fans into a daze. This is the same thing they did by bringing in Ruff. Who is a disciplinarian, but is the wrong hire. This was only done, to malaise over the glaring issues. The front office and ownership are completely spineless. They won't trade the pick, because they have no spine. This is an organization built on the mindset of glorified pandering. Adams and Forton pander to Pegula, and they lie and capitulate the fans into believing that things can be better. It's bullshit. f*** the Pegula's, and f*** the front office.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Lets be honest, Adams is only talking about doing whatever it takes to lull the fans into a daze. This is the same thing they did by bringing in Ruff. Who is a disciplinarian, but is the wrong hire. This was only done, to malaise over the glaring issues. The front office and ownership are completely spineless. They won't trade the pick, because they have no spine. This is an organization built on the mindset of glorified pandering. Adams and Forton pander to Pegula, and they lie and capitulate the fans into believing that things can be better. It's bullshit. f*** the Pegula's, and f*** the front office.
I'm almost there brother...so close to being there...

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Then why are you here?

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

This reads like a Facebook post.

Reactions: Digable5

Professor Chaos

May 1, 2018
Gotham
No idea but don't believe any GM would want to handcuff himself on June 30 a day before bonus was due. It was such a terrible deal when you consider the cap dumps we took. We got super lucky with one guy who just quit hockey, and we got lucky again on Tage Thompson, who was really the best Blues prospect at the time. I still might like Robert Thomas better but TT's improvement makes this deal not vile.
Agree on the not wanting to handcuff himself take although I think he did that to himself by waiting so long to deal him. He had months to make the deal and backed himself into a corner at the end. My pure guess is that he spent months trying to convince T Peg he didn't want to deal him...we may never know the true story

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Disappointed: Laughton

Excited : Lawson Crouse ÷)

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I can love my hockey team and not support the idiots running things.
You can of course, but why participate in a thread specifically designated as the place to discuss roster changes if you don't believe anything will be done? What's the point of discussing the future of the team when you have already decided how it will turn out? I just fail to see what is gained by coming into the thread just to express how negative your view of the future is.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Just because they don’t trade the pick doesn’t really mean anything. It just means the return wasn’t worth doing.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Excited: Buchnevich

Disappointed: Strome
(Joe from wgr proposed 11oa, Ostlund and Krebs for Strome. That sounds like a crazy price too me)
These analysts come up with the absolute worst trades - that’s a haul for a star player with term…criticize Adams all day but he’s not a dope like those guys. When’s the last top prospect been traded like that for even a bigger player let alone a top 12 pick and said prospect? Serious under valuing these assets and my god trading then for strome!! Joe needs a new job…

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Went in wrong thread earlier, so sorry to anyone seeing this twice.

On the 4C front, I'd be curious about Faksa, Blueger and Eller over Dowd. I know usage was tough as it can be, WAS was bad, and it was one year, but the 40% corsi as a 35 year old doesn't sit well with me. Tired of getting guys fitting that profile, although I do respect the opinions of the many posters who speak highly of dowd so I wouldn't be real upset if we got him.

1719278216969.png

Pit fans seem willing to move from eller for low cost, blueger might get overpaid but term will be a deciding factor, not sure what faksa would take. Bjugstad would be a bit of a risk but he had a great year. Guessing the price would be higher than his career warrants but figured I'd keep his numbers on here.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Went in wrong thread earlier, so sorry to anyone seeing this twice.

On the 4C front, I'd be curious about Faksa, Blueger and Eller over Dowd. I know usage was tough as it can be, WAS was bad, and it was one year, but the 40% corsi as a 35 year old doesn't sit well with me. Tired of getting guys fitting that profile, although I do respect the opinions of the many posters who speak highly of dowd so I wouldn't be real upset if we got him.

View attachment 886545

Pit fans seem willing to move from eller for low cost, blueger might get overpaid but term will be a deciding factor, not sure what faksa would take. Bjugstad would be a bit of a risk but he had a great year. Guessing the price would be higher than his career warrants but figured I'd keep his numbers on here.
Faksa is my choice. I don't think he would cost much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad