The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
1720816849919.png

• Haha
Reactions: joshjull

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Better?

Our top 6…

JJ….super young n inexperienced
Tage….switched positions, should be in his prime
Tuch….while not shown to be elite, decent top six forward
Quinn…super young n inexperienced
Cozens…still young but should be entering his prime
Zucker….veteran place holder

Benson….19

Brought in decent back up goalie

Brought in veteran, respected coach

Defense is super young but gaining experience

This season it’s turn the corner time, solid game plan time, balance throughout lineup, no washed up players (and there were a few), no fringe NHLers….

Tbh, I’m super excited….still young but this is gonna be a harder working team that’s way more fun to watch. These were moves we wanted, Adams did id issues and bring in solid nhl players to fill the holes. Do I want a superstar brought in…sure but don’t think it’s necessary. We gave up a promising midget to really round out the team.

Be happy….we haven’t seen a balanced team like this in over a decade.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I dont think there’s any doubt Peterka, Thompson, Tuch, Quinn, and Cozens are all legit top 6 forwards (with varying question marks). I’m also comfortable with Zucker/Benson playing in the middle six as well.

Love our bottom 6

Defense has an abundance of high end talent, just need to figure out what works (and if something doesn’t work, this is where a trade will need to be made)

Love our goalies.

I’m excited again

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Adams never taking advantage via trades by using any of our 3 retention slots and tons of cap space is where it's obvious they had an internal budget. Hopefully those days are over, but I'm still a little skeptical.
If you're talking about them being a 3rd party to facility a deal between two other teams by retaining cap/salary. They did attempted to do that but it didn’t work out. The 2 other teams couldn’t close the deal.

That type of transaction is a weird thing to use as an argument there’s been an internal budget. Those trades don’t happen much and the 3rd party GM has very little control over whether they can be involved.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
So Zucker's non-fancy stats aka pointzz over the past two seasons don't even look that bad compared to Skinner's last season. And he's only one season removed from a 27 goal campaign. So if he can provide even a little bit more than Skinner in any of the other parts of the game that aren't 5 on 5 scoring, Zucker replacing Skinner might actually be at net positive for their top 6.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022

Yes, Yes, Yes, idk what metric Depth is.
Sure, uhh maybe...Lindy probably the real X, Sure, I think Quinn has already broken out. Don't we all expect 60 points if he plays a full season? He just gets hurt so it SEEMS like he hasn't taken off. Benson is kind of the only real option here.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yes, Yes, Yes, idk what metric Depth is.
Sure, uhh maybe...Lindy probably the real X, Sure, I think Quinn has already broken out. Don't we all expect 60 points if he plays a full season? He just gets hurt so it SEEMS like he hasn't taken off. Benson is kind of the only real option here.
I don't know about "out" but he has been broken.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I don’t know if this team will finish better or worse standings wise but I do know they won’t be mailing it in as much
This alone is what gets me to watch next season. Not gonna pretend like i will be fine if they do not make the post season again, but it will be easier to take if they aren't getting run over every night.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If you're talking about them being a 3rd party to facility a deal between two other teams by retaining cap/salary. They did attempted to do that but it didn’t work out. The 2 other teams couldn’t close the deal.

That type of transaction is a weird thing to use as an argument there’s been an internal budget. Those trades don’t happen much and the 3rd party GM has very little control over whether they can be involved.
but if you hold 2 cards up with a hole punched in them youll see that they dont show a 15 degree deflection, thus proving the earth is flat and pegula is cheap

• Haha
Reactions: joshjull

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
No idea why it's percolating back up for me, but I had this thought on the Savoie/McLeod trade.
It's a terrible, albeit necessary trade. But it's only necessary because of managerial mistakes. Incredibly frustrating.

This trade is the equivalent of the movie trope of forgetting to get a christmas present for you kid, running store to store at closing time, the shelves are barren, then paying a guy $300 cash to get a toy from the toy store he's carrying into his house for a $50 present.

Mission accomplished but it would have been a lot cheaper and easier if the dad just did it earlier

Since he came to the Sabres, Alex Tuch is a first liner by every single metric you can think of. "Decent top six forward" is way underselling him.

Tuch has been given top line ice time, stapled to PP1, and stupidly high o-zone starts since coming to buffalo.

He's produced at a .35 GPG and .88 PPG rate.

While those are good, they aren't great given his premium TOI.

He's a top line winger in the sense he's a top 90 forward in the NHL.

He's most certainly a top 6 forward in every sense. Top line for a very general definition of top line.

In an ideal, contending roster, you probably want a better winger on your top line. Though, I suppose if he were opposite an actual elite winger or center, he wouldn't be out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad