The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I think he was answering about Schenn and confused him with Laine, who we also discussed. Or combined both posts.
People on cell phones trying to answer :laugh:

I stay in read only mode when I am on mine. Its way to hard.

Reactions: Fjordy

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Obsessed over perfect is one of my better traits and one that I would like to see the Sabres adopt.
Ehhhh. Being a perfectionist has a lot more pit falls than benefits in a lot of fields.

Do your work well, learn while you’re on the job, be engaged. If you’re worried about a perfect result every time you’re never going to finish and will never be ready to move on.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It's too bad Kulich wasn't playing in Juniors the last 2 years. Then he could of been popping off 2 pts a game and people wouldn't be down on him.
I thought his perceived value was pretty good? He did well in jwc and ahl.
I'd probably keep him if I traded Peterka though.

If we look at our pipeline + roster spots we have to trade prospects or roster players at some point.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I thought his perceived value was pretty good? He did well in jwc and ahl.
I'd probably keep him if I traded Peterka though.

If we look at our pipeline + roster spots we have to trade prospects or roster players at some point.

I'm not against trading Kulich in right deal .. I was just confused as to why you think his value is going to dip.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I was not referring to Laine. Msrchadsauly is 34 at start of next season.

If dkinner in Ruffd doghouse ehere ffg ord Laine end up?
I think Laine has a better chance than Skinner to stay out of Lindy's doghouse.

Either way if Laine turns it around someone will get a steal.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think Laine has a better chance than Skinner to stay out of Lindy's doghouse.

Either way if Laine turns it around someone will get a steal.
And his contract is one year less than Skinner's. Probably worst case scenario you'll put him on the LTIR.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
actually none of us are right

he quoted a post that was a multi-quote talking about 4 different players and no one knew which post he was quoting

why i dont use multi quote, we arent paying by the post
Marchessault is 34 at start of next season. Too much tick on a player asking for $5M or more

Schenn-- he makes $6.5M. Buffalo isny paying a a 3C thst much. They are looking at 4M. That is before you factor in his age which is 33+ next season.

Th eff s offseasons they nay have about $9M cap space
Now 8/5/0 roster
Sign 2G for $6M
Promote 2 ELCs F
Sign 3 vet bottom 6 for %3.5M each
7D st 1.5M
Then its 12/6/2 with $9M in space

Next summer resigning Quinn, Peterka to bridges. And signing byram and Greenway you are looking st a raise of about $7M from current cap hit. Say cap g up $3M, thatd $4M eating out of that $9M

The 2026 summer where sign Brnson yo similar what wuinn and JPP get and resign Tch you are looking at $4M cap increase but the c as p might only rise by $3M.

That $9M is now really just %5M in long term space

Sure Skinner can be bought out or traded with $4M retained to get more even amt of space than a buy out.

Peterka traded would help balance out the salary of a new player as well since hes for next summer

Reactions: Dingo44

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Marchessault is 34 at start of next season. Too much tick on a player asking for $5M or more

Schenn-- he makes $6.5M. Buffalo isny paying a a 3C thst much. They are looking at 4M. That is before you factor in his age which is 33+ next season.

Now 8/5/0 roster
Sign 2G for $6M
Promote 2 ELCs F
7D st 1.5M

Next summer resigning Quinn, Peterka to bridges. And signing byram and Greenway you are looking st a raise of about $7M from current cap hit. Say cap g up $3M, thatd $4M eating out of that $9M

The 2026 summer where sign Brnson yo similar what wuinn and JPP get and resign Tch you are looking at $4M cap increase but the c as p might only rise by $3M.

Sure Skinner can be bought out or traded with $4M retained to get more even amt of space than a buy out.

Peterka traded would help balance out the salary of a new player as well since hes for next summer
Peterka isn’t being traded especially considering Quinn’s health issues. Even if I think Jack will be a better player, would be a terrible idea to get rid of JJ.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think the plan is he going to Rochester, but I also said if he wins a spot, so be it. Send Kulich down. I want real competition. I'm all for Savoie making the team.
I am sure its a safe option. Lindy will decide who is in the lineup.

The question is……. will there be a spot to earn?

If Adams fills out the roster with the pieces that have been discussed. There may not be a spot in the starting 12 for Kulich, Savoie, etc.
I think there is a few available tbh. 4C 3C 3W. who knows what shakes loose at the end.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Now 8/5/0 roster
Sign 2G for $6M
Promote 2 ELCs F
7D st 1.5M

I agree Buffalo wont pay a 3C much

I think in Buffalo fashion they will try to elevate a 4C to 3C. They will trade for someone cheap and try to put him in a situation he is not used to.

It would be nice if they stopped doing this but it seems to be a pattern.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I'm really open to defining trade like Lafontaine/Turgeon deal. But you have to give to get. Turgeon was a serious player. Maybe the Brady Tkachuk rumours are nonsense but I would give up major assets for him and consider everyone not named Dahlin.

Dahlin isn't off the table but he's the one guy I would almost never want to give up. He is our heart and soul now if you ask me. This version of the team is now his mostly.

I'm not just trading guys like Thompson, Power, and Cozens and adding top prospects for nothing. I need an impact player like Brady coming back.

There are a handful of opportunities out there for other stars signed long-term where a flip of assets could be made. That includes guys who are not being actively shopped, but their teams are also looking for a shakeup.

Tuch isn't untouchable, but the guy is a good player, loves Buffalo, and it just seems he will never have the same value to others as he does to us.

I don't think any of this will come to fruition, by the way, but you never know. Major trades happen that just make your head spin. But they are big gambles and GMs are usually scared to do them.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm really open to defining trade like Lafontaine/Turgeon deal. But you have to give to get. Turgeon was a serious player. Maybe the Brady Tkachuk rumours are nonsense but I would give up major assets for him and consider everyone not named Dahlin.

Dahlin isn't off the table but he's the one guy I would almost never want to give up. He is our heart and soul now if you ask me. This version of the team is now his mostly.

I'm not just trading guys like Thompson, Power, and Cozens and adding top prospects for nothing. I need an impact player like Brady coming back.

There are a handful of opportunities out there for other stars signed long-term where a flip of assets could be made. That includes guys who are not being actively shopped, but their teams are also looking for a shakeup.

Tuch isn't untouchable, but the guy is a good player, loves Buffalo, and it just seems he will never have the same value to others as he does to us.

I don't think any of this will come to fruition, by the way, but you never know. Major trades happen that just make your head spin. But they are big gambles and GMs are usually scared to do them.
Ah, well, that's just a dream, it's obvious to me that this is not happening, not with this GM, not with this team.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad