OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Ghost of Tom Joad?

I heard DJ is a special route runner and super fast though.

And what about Tomlin talking about drafting "our type of player?" What does that mean? Because if all of these guys are "Steelers" what does that say about the people who made the decisions?

Part of me hopes this gets worse and maybe AR2 will step aside and start letting fresh blood be the face of ownership. Only glimmer of hope right now is I think our front office has done everything they possibly could do to make this team as competitive as possible.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And what about Tomlin talking about drafting "our type of player?" What does that mean? Because if all of these guys are "Steelers" what does that say about the people who made the decisions?

Part of me hopes this gets worse and maybe AR2 will step aside and start letting fresh blood be the face of ownership. Only glimmer of hope right now is I think our front office has done everything they possibly could do to make this team as competitive as possible.

Gonna be straight, your post about Dan coming through the ranks is about the only hope I have left to see this org get out of Tomlin Purgatory.

AR2 is like that person who gets cheated on over and over by their partner, but keeps seeing him/her in a delusional way.

Friends and family keep saying he was done dirty, but he is too far gone and doesn’t have the courage to end the marriage.

DR3 may be the only hope out of this mess.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

There’s a reason when khan took over they revamped the scouting department hired more staff

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Gonna be straight, your post about Dan coming through the ranks is about the only hope I have left to see this org get out of Tomlin Purgatory.

AR2 is like that person who gets cheated on over and over by their partner, but keeps seeing him/her in a delusional way.

Friends and family keep saying he was done dirty, but he is too far gone and doesn’t have the courage to end the marriage.

DR3 may be the only hope out of this mess.

The issue with this team is that they have tried keeping this "all in the family" culture come hell or high water, and if a team can create that culture but still be successful - they are truly lucky. It's really not sustainable right now and they need to do whatever they can to be successful.

Noll was able to be ruthless. Dan Rooney was able to be ruthless when he had to. AR2 has shown absolutely no ability to make a really tough decision to alter the course of the team. We are heading down a track that is broken and we are barreling towards a derailment.

Since Dan became the ambassador in 2009, this team has experienced no real success.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The issue with this team is that they have tried keeping this "all in the family" culture come hell or high water, and if a team can create that culture but still be successful - they are truly lucky. It's really not sustainable right now and they need to do whatever they can to be successful.

Noll was able to be ruthless. Dan Rooney was able to be ruthless when he had to. AR2 has shown absolutely no ability to make a really tough decision to alter the course of the team. We are heading down a track that is broken and we are barreling towards a derailment.

Since Dan became the ambassador in 2009, this team has experienced no real success.

Isn’t the saying that the third generation f***s up the family business?

Tomlin is Bylsma, it’s just that AR2 hasn’t figured that out yet and it’s already too late with his HOF QB gone.

I remember the same arguments about Bylsma “look at his regular season record!” and “who else ya gonna get!”

At least Lemieux and Burkle wised up in time for Crosby/Malkin sake.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kinda tied to that game, but given just how many 2nd choice QBs are playing, I'm rethinking my stance on bringing in another guy. Feels like there's so many injuries you've got to take as many swings as possible at the position. Granted that's good money after bad if things go like this season, but even with how skeptical I feel surely they've got to get back to just ordinary next season.

And if your stance is that can't happen with Tomlin, well the more QBs he takes the quicker he exposes himself.

fcfury

Feb 8, 2010
TimmyD you have to explain to me the Ekeler usage, I don't understand what the Chargers are doing here. Kelly fumbles and he gets as many carries as Ekeler, do the Chargers like using inferior RB's. I understand he's was hurt in the beginning of the year but the OL has been absolute garbage this year

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
3rd Down Woes:

They were 7-25…27th out of 32 teams.

But…this stat is even worse considering their average yards to go on 3rd down during that two game period (5.9) was SECOND out of the 32 teams.

So only one team did better gaining yards on first and second down than the Steelers…but 26 other teams did better converting those third downs.

How is that even possible?

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/12/the-s ... s-my-soul/

PS Interesting that the Steelers’ worst season converting third downs other than this year and the year of Duck Hodges/Tevin Jones/Mychal White was their Super Bowl winning 2005 season

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
TimmyD you have to explain to me the Ekeler usage, I don't understand what the Chargers are doing here. Kelly fumbles and he gets as many carries as Ekeler, do the Chargers like using inferior RB's. I understand he's was hurt in the beginning of the year but the OL has been absolute garbage this year
In my opinion the Ekeler thing is two parts. First the running game has absolutely sucked all year so they were trying to utilize more of a committee approach to see if someone could get motivated and get hot. Ekeler himself isn’t a very good running back and has been terrible this year so to be honest he hasn’t warranted guaranteed touches. So I think it’s also a demotion for Ekeler because of how bad he’s been this season. Personally, I can’t wait for Ekeler to be off the team.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Maybe its best for the team to lose out? As it stands now theyd draft 23. Maybe they’ll get a top 15 pic by losing

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Maybe its best for the team to lose out? As it stands now theyd draft 23. Maybe they’ll get a top 15 pic by losing

It's without question the best thing to do. And what is also best to do is to cut out every single player/coach here that doesn't make sense. Trade Tomlin, DJ, Chuks, and anything else not nailed down. Embrace the suck for a few years and stop this perpetual 7-9 to 9-7 bullshit we have had to deal with where we never are in line to get a top prospect, but we are never good enough to compete.

A record of 7-10 last year picked 8-13 range, I believe.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This draft is really, really good at basically everywhere aside from LB. The LBs are tiny. We better be good with what we have because I'm not sure we are pulling an instant starter out of this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad