OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Then at least throw it to 14

If they're going to take some ridiculous shot at least Diontae was 1-on-1.

Go balls are the cowards way out for QBs and OCs. Survey the field and throw intermediate. But it's easier to just chuck it and claim "we're going downfield."

Either way, I never want a former top-10 pick as backup again. Give me plucky. Give me Duck Hodges with 10% more arm talent. Do not give me a guy who still thinks he's going to be a franchise QB after his time in the wilderness
The amount of times Trubisky threw away 2-3 yards at the end of his scrambles because he was afraid of getting hit...YOU'RE THE BACKUP DUDE. Put your body on the line.
The fact we saw no Rudolph was astounding. But also on Tomlin.

But most of all, MT let Bailey Zappe and New England execute 2 (!!!!) full length TD drives on his precious defense. GTFO.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's is utterly unfathomable on 3rd and 2, with 206 on the clock, you do not just run twice with Warren or Harris. You have to lack severe football IQ not to use a guy with the highest YPC in the league twice.

I'm not shocked they did what they did, they have by far and away the worst coaches in the NFL. Tomlin is an utter embarrassment.
At least have it be an option. You can run it, you can pass it, you can run a play action (I checked after the game, it's not illegal). Nope. Shotgun with an empty backfield.

The excuses are already coming from Tomlin defenders, apparently this loss is fine because the team actually sucks and Tomlin is the only reason it’s 7-6. They’d only be 3-10 without Tomlin so losing these kind of games is totally fine.

Downright crazy world from these people.
#Coachoftheyear

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It was 3 and 2 rhey should have run it both plays. Mitch was literally lost when they toikbhis 1st read away

They are still another draft and round of fa away from real depth

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The excuses are already coming from Tomlin defenders, apparently this loss is fine because the team actually sucks and Tomlin is the only reason it’s 7-6. They’d only be 3-10 without Tomlin so losing these kind of games is totally fine.

The most annoying aspect of arguments like that is this team would be better off for the future had they actually been 3-10 then perpetually ~.500.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Tomlin is a freaking moron. Yeah he’d be hired immediately by someone stupid like the Raiders or Panthers and be fired 1 year later for being a moron

Reactions: Night Shift

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Reading your post has been the highlight of the past 4 hours of my life. Thank you.

Don’t want to kill your buzz, but I think Swann is out for the season:

Spoiler: This team sucks because he’s the coach.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Probably the easiest decision I’ve ever made to get caught up on sleep than watch last night. 2 similarly awful teams one coached by Tomlin and the other Belichek. It doesn’t get closer to an automatic loss than that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
GA04gzRW0AAL46J.jpg

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

This is kinda funny coming from you since you were one a year ago. But better late than never I guess, Welcome aboard?

The funniest thing to me is everyone is confused, as if a Clown hasn't been here for the last 17 years :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: metalan2 and Pens x

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This is kinda funny coming from you since you were one a year ago. But better late than never I guess, Welcome aboard?

The funniest thing to me is everyone is confused, as if a Clown hasn't been here for the last 17 years :laugh:

No I wasn’t? I probably soured on Tomlin way later than some did here, but that whole Bell/AB/Ben saga in like 2018 turned me off from him entirely.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If i truely believed he would hire an HC of the offense and just focused 100 percent on the defense and the new oc was given 100 percent say on KP and the future of the QB room. I would say he deserves a new contract
Bill went 10-7 and 8-9 the1st 2 seasons without Brady

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Listening to radio broadcast after game and not sure who it was says...
"When a coach gets fired (canada ), often there is a spark...but what we have seen the last 2 weeks is a team going back to is architecture" and that is Mike Tomlin.

To the weekly uncovered OT penalty.

To burned timeouts...
To not being prepared to call a 1st and goal play. = T.O.
To not being prepared to make a 4th and 1 call = T.O.

Hmmmm. Did we need time outs?

To Pickens mentally checking out and not running routes when it's a run play. You run a convincing route with conviction every play to make yourself better and to never give a CB an edge and never tip him off.

Reactions: TNT87

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Listening to radio broadcast after game and not sure who it was says...
"When a coach gets fired (canada ), often there is a spark...but what we have seen the last 2 weeks is a team going back to is architecture" and that is Mike Tomlin.

To the weekly uncovered OT penalty.

To burned timeouts...
To not being prepared to call a 1st and goal play. = T.O.
To not being prepared to make a 4th and 1 call = T.O.

Hmmmm. Did we need time outs?

To Pickens mentally checking out and not running routes when it's a run play. You run a convincing route with conviction every play to make yourself better and to never give a CB an edge and never tip him off.
This is the thing for me. I get a little exhausted of people blaming EVERYTHING on Tomlin, but there are so many examples of just mismanagement, poor preparation, and bad coaching that it's pretty much impossible to overlook. The wasted timeouts have long been a staple, as have dumb challenges/non-challenges and poor clock management, but the unqualified coaching staff that is too small and too immersed in groupthink is snowballing. The last 4 coordinator hires have all been promotion from within with no search, and everyone has to have some connection to the Steelers or Pitt or Maryland. The Patriots have been absolute trash the last 2 years, yet just watching the little things NE does that the Steelers don't highlight the difference between a coach good at some things and an actual good coach.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad