GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not really. Both are highly unlikely. And remember, the Saints are awesome at home, which is where the Steelers will be playing them.

I thought there was a scenario where the Rams lose and the Saints win this weekend and they get home field advantage locked up, and if so, then maybe they don’t care so much about the outcome of the Steelers game...not saying the Steelers will win though

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought there was a scenario where the Rams lose and the Saints win this weekend and they get home field advantage locked up, and if so, then maybe they don’t care so much about the outcome of the Steelers game...not saying the Steelers will win though

No. They're both 11-2. The Saints have the tie breaker.

Reactions: Andy99

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
No. They're both 11-2. The Saints have the tie breaker.

There is still even a possibility that Houston could even finish as the 2 seed in the AFC. Houston plays the Jets this week which should be a win for them. If the Steelers somehow win on Sunday Houston will get bumped up to the 2 spot. I’m hoping that KC goes into Seattle next weekend and loses and the Chargers win our just to see all the outrage about the AFC title game possibly being held in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
No surprise here, but Bryant was officially suspended indefinitely for violating the substance abuse policy and breaking the terms of his reinstatement.

His career has to be over now, right?
80% chance he’s done or signs with the Pats. If Josh Gordon is playing anyone can.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s a shame north side Kevin drafted Washington with that #2 pick. It’d be nice to have a third receiver. DHB ams Switzer aren’t the answers.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There is still even a possibility that Houston could even finish as the 2 seed in the AFC. Houston plays the Jets this week which should be a win for them. If the Steelers somehow win on Sunday Houston will get bumped up to the 2 spot. I’m hoping that KC goes into Seattle next weekend and loses and the Chargers win our just to see all the outrage about the AFC title game possibly being held in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium

I think that's the only way it possibly happens, which means it's NOT very ******* likely. :laugh:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I think that's the only way it possibly happens, which means it's NOT very ******* likely. :laugh:

I agree but it’s still somewhat of a possibility. No matter how slim... I’m just happy that the Chargers have a shot at the 1 seed after last night

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
So Hilton is out tomorrow, and Artie B is back in.
Radio guys speculated this might mean they actually try man coverage instead of the oh-so-reliable soft-zone 10yard cushion.
It may simply mean they lose a different way, but really I’d be glad to see every effort to bump/chuck on the line and disrupt Brady’s timing. Even make him move his ancient legs and progress past his primary.
I can hope lol.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Radio guys speculated this might mean they actually try man coverage instead of the oh-so-reliable soft-zone 10yard cushion.
It may simply mean they lose a different way, but really I’d be glad to see every effort to bump/chuck on the line and disrupt Brady’s timing. Even make him move his ancient legs and progress past his primary.
I can hope lol.

Honestly, the coaching staff should have been fired years ago for their repeated failures to play press man coverage with pressure up the middle against Brady....finally, they may do it...we may not win, in fact it's likely we don't, but you have to put out the best game plan you can to stop Brady...

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Yep.
If you can make him go off his timing just a bit or better yet, look to his 2nd/3rd options , that takes some extra time and forces him to move a bit. Makes a big difference.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
It’s a shame north side Kevin drafted Washington with that #2 pick. It’d be nice to have a third receiver. DHB ams Switzer aren’t the answers.
The Steelers are far and away the best team in the league at drafting WR's. I know you think it's cool to trash the Steelers despite not knowing anything about them but that is one area where they've been hitting home runs for years.

Reactions: domaug

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
The Steelers are far and away the best team in the league at drafting WR's. I know you think it's cool to trash the Steelers despite not knowing anything about them but that is one area where they've been hitting home runs for years.
the only wide receivers the Steelers busted on since Super Bowl XL were Limas Sweed and Martavis Bryant as far as i remember

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jets are giving the Texans all they can handle and then some. Doubt they keep it close but it's not a bad game.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
the only wide receivers the Steelers busted on since Super Bowl XL were Limas Sweed and Martavis Bryant as far as i remember
Sammie Coates? DeMarcus Ayers? Markus Wheaton??? Toney Clemons???? Smith-Schuster is the only NFL quality WR drafted since the 2011 draft. But let’s ignore the 7 or so busts since 2011 because we had one really good WR draft almost 8 years ago.

We Steelers’ fans do love living in the past

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Steelers did amazing in the 2011 draft for wide receivers, but that doesn’t suddenly make the Washington pick smart.

You are living in the past

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
The Steelers did amazing in the 2011 draft for wide receivers, but that doesn’t suddenly make the Washington pick smart.

You are living in the past
Sanders, Wallace, AB, Wheaton, Bryant, Juju all drafted in the last 8 years and still active.

Sure there were a few busts like Coates, and perhaps Washington, but there is no team better at finding WRs

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Coates and maybe Washington arebthr only ones I'd call a bust. Bryant was super talented just immature. I don't consider him a bust.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sanders, Wallace, AB, Wheaton, Bryant, Juju all drafted in the last 8 years and still active.

Sure there were a few busts like Coates, and perhaps Washington, but there is no team better at finding WRs
Did I ever say the Steelers were bad at drafting wide receivers 8 years ago? All I said is that it sucks that Colbert screwed the pooch and used that pick on a WR that has been just about useless this year. The fact that they’ve did well 8 years ago isn’t a factor today.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Did I ever say the Steelers were bad at drafting wide receivers 8 years ago? All I said is that it sucks that Colbert screwed the pooch and used that pick on a WR that has been just about useless this year. The fact that they’ve did well 8 years ago isn’t a factor today.
What about Juju? Bryant in 2015?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What about Juju? Bryant in 2015?
My post was in response to someone saying that they did not recall the Steelers drafting any WR that turned out to be busts except for 2 players. I simply gave examples of plenty of WR’s that we drafted that sucked.

People also keep using Bryant as an example of a very good player we drafted. He never once had more than 765 yards in a season, not a player you really brag about. He was probably top 45-50 WR in receiving yards in the league in his best season.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

I'm so confused by all of this. Granted I watched the Raiders game at a bar and missed parts. But I doubt Hilton went from one of the best slot corners to being demoted. Steelers trying to get his contract down and might blow another game because of it. Then Artie Burns?? I said Coty was never the answer but every time Artie has came in after being benched and even in garbage time, he's been burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad