GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well throw all my worries about this game out the window. The Steelers are wearing their color rushes today. 3-0 in their Color Rush uniforms:

Baltimore Ravens 31-27
Tennessee Titans 40-17
Carolina Panthers 52-21

Browns are surging. They did what the Steelers failed to do: beat the Donkeys @ Mile High.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well throw all my worries about this game out the window. The Steelers are wearing their color rushes today. 3-0 in their Color Rush uniforms:

Baltimore Ravens 31-27
Tennessee Titans 40-17
Carolina Panthers 52-21

Browns are surging. They did what the Steelers failed to do: beat the Donkeys @ Mile High.
it would honestly be the most steelers thing ever to win this game after blowing the last few. Then somehow sneak into the playoffs only to get rolled in the NE rematch.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
We activated Eli Rogers, who I think is terrible.
Burns is playing, Hilton isn't.

This should be fun.

Eli isn't horrible. He's just the same player as Switzer who has proven to be reliable. They need a deep threat to take the top off the defense and command a double team to open up space for Juju and Brown. Personnel decisions have been horrible.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
it would honestly be the most steelers thing ever to win this game after blowing the last few. Then somehow sneak into the playoffs only to get rolled in the NE rematch.

Uh...no....based on past history the most Steeler thing would be to be leading in the 4th quarter and then just blow this game to the Pats....or the Pats control the game from the outset....

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Uh...no....based on past history the most Steeler thing would be to be leading in the 4th quarter and then just blow this game to the Pats....or the Pats control the game from the outset....
no way, you gotta build that hope back up as much as possible before crashing down in the playoffs. Think of today's game as if it's the first half, with the playoff rematch being the 2nd half. That's when we blow it.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The most steeler thing to do is clearly lose to Oakland but beat NO and NE. And miss out on home field and a bye all because they couldn't put away Okaland and the Browns in week 1.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Watch the Ravens today. Methodical and calculated, they will actually beat a team they are supposed to beat.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
no way, you gotta build that hope back up as much as possible before crashing down in the playoffs. Think of today's game as if it's the first half, with the playoff rematch being the 2nd half. That's when we blow it.

If this was anyone else but the Pats I’d agree....remember we had long losing streaks in Denver and in Oakland and we played to form...I think we’ll play to form today to the Pats and lose, but we’ll see soon...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Slop fest in Baltimore, but the Rats aren’t having it easy here. Down 6-0.

They need to get Big Gus Edwards going in the run game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't care if they win or lose. It's far too late to fire Tomlin because the team will hit a dark time when Ben retires anyway. So we literally wasted a shoe-in HOF QB's era and at least left 1 SB on the table. It's sad. It's like keeping Dan Bylsma and pointing to his regular season record and ability to make playoffs. It's just sad. Even if they moved on from Tomlin, they have 1 year left of Ben and it's at the very end of his career. It's pointless.

It's just a damn shame. Short of a miracle last run, they 100% left a SB on the table. And I fully blame Tomlin.

Reactions: Andy99

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Out and about in Toronto today, nice to see so many people out wearing Steelers hats and swag.

Proudly wearing my Steelers hoodie and hat....

Let’s shake off the last 3 disappointments and take it to NE today....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Touchdown, Ravens. Up 7-6.

Rather they win

Keep the pressure on the Steelers...its the only time they are good.

I dont want them winning the division having to back in anyway and going one and done in the playoffs. If they earn it..get momentum going its a diff story

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Rather they win

Keep the pressure on the Steelers...its the only time they are good.

I dont want them winning the division having to back in anyway and going one and done in the playoffs. If they earn it..get momentum going its a diff story
Looks like they’ll probably win. Tampa’s D went to hell.

I mean the Steelers should have played with urgency last week, and the Raiders marched right down the field for 7 on the first drive of the game. Really told me a lot about this team.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Yes Artie has been completely fried and lost this year, but that has been in our standard soft zone.
But I understood Artie is in “because” he has been strong in press/man coverage (while completely sucking in the zone schemes the Steelers come up with).
Ergo, we’re going w press/man today.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Lamar Jackson is a nuisance. I still don’t even think he’s that good. But on the ground, he and their other plug and play backs (Gus Edwards? wtf) have been flourishing as of late.

Well, if they win the division, they’ll have earned it for not F’ing up games they should’ve won, unlike our Steelers.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lamar Jackson is a nuisance. I still don’t even think he’s that good. But on the ground, he and their other plug and play backs (Gus Edwards? wtf) have been flourishing as of late.

Well, if they win the division, they’ll have earned it for not F’ing up games they should’ve won, unlike our Steelers.

Jackson is getting 20 carries a game, its obvious this is a short term thing with Harbaugh being on his way out. He doesnt care about him long term. Will take advantage of the lack of tape right now on him. So yeah he/they will be tough to beat right now.

Next year he will either get hurt or teams will figure him out.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Yes Artie has been completely fried and lost this year, but that has been in our standard soft zone.
But I understood Artie is in “because” he has been strong in press/man coverage (while completely sucking in the zone schemes the Steelers come up with).
Ergo, we’re going w press/man today.

Artie has played in plenty of games for the Steelers that they never played press man coverage so I wouldn’t associate him being in the lineup with them making that decision

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Jackson is getting 20 carries a game, its obvious this is a short term thing with Harbaugh being on his way out. He doesnt care about him long term. Will take advantage of the lack of tape right now on him. So yeah he/they will be tough to beat right now.

Next year he will either get hurt or teams will figure him out.
Yeah. Harbaugh is still out though? Even if they win the division?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Titans, Colts, Ravens all winning. Will at least be 9-7. So we have to at least go 2-1 or theres no shot.

This is what I want to see anyway...backs against the wall. In playoff mode starting today

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad