OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobangobongo

Jun 14, 2010
Season ending debacle.

Roethlisberger and the offense came up small with money on the table
- Yards no points
- Twice they had the ball in the second quarter with a chance to go up 2 scores and went 3 and out both times
- In FG range and they have a sack/personal foul
- Moving the ball easily and they fumble
- The last drive featured 3 straight passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

The defense was less a culprit, holding Denver to 2 FGs on short fields, however, they gave up a 40 yard run off their goalline and had 0 turnovers and 1 sack against Manning.

Denver had 3 sacks.

Two fumbles on punt returns.

Total giveaway

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
steelers defense had chances to make big plays and couldn't that's the game

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Game turned on the fumble. That never happens then who knows maybe we get a td. Or even a fg keeps the momentum with us.

I'm sick that a scrub fumble cost us.

lilschmied

Mar 13, 2007
Meh, we spotted them 6 points on those two awful punts. Tomlin opted not to kick a FG twice. That's a 12 point swing and you can't give up points like that. Onto an off-season of no changes.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Game turned on the fumble. That never happens then who knows maybe we get a td. Or even a fg keeps the momentum with us.

I'm sick that a scrub fumble cost us.
that's ridiculous. third string guy showed he belonged. unfortunate fumble at a horrible time, but he looks like a useful player.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
steelers defense had chances to make big plays and couldn't that's the game

The offensive playcalling forced them to defend small leads for damn near the whole second half. The defense tired out. My take away is that the Steelers had a chance to beat the Broncos early. They were gashing their d for big gains and they entirely changed their approach offensively for no reason. Steelers coaches always overthink themselves. You don't go into a shell and stop throwing the ball downfield with a 4 point lead before half time.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
2saint's fumble is what lost the game. Our offense didn't play well, couldn't finish, but as a team we were winning the chess match.... until that fumble.

Oh well. Not bad for a team that shouldn't have made it to the playoffs to begin with :P

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Closer game than I thought it'd be! Proud of the effort overall. Feel bad for Toussaint (sp?).

And hey, we don't have to see Brady beat us again!

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
The offensive playcalling forced them to defend small leads for damn near the whole second half. The defense tired out. My take away is that the Steelers had a chance to beat the Broncos early. They were gashing their d for big gains and they entirely changed their approach offensively for no reason. Steelers coaches always overthink themselves. You don't go into a shell and stop throwing the ball downfield with a 4 point lead before half time.

pretty much. This was in no way on the defense. How many denver drives started in the pitt territory? the d held on as much as possible.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Disagree. We lost because of ****** special teams and a fumble.

Pretty much. You can put the microscope on any number of plays, but you could do the same on the other side. Special teams spotted Denver at least two field goals and we were driving when Touissant fumbled. That was a back-breaker, and I'm willing to call that more of a really nice play by Denver than a WTF moment by Touissant (though I do think he got greedy on the play and had the first down if he just falls to the middle instead of trying to break it outside...easy for me to say with my TV angle showing the entire line that he doesn't have).

Either of these teams would get wrecked by New England in their current state...at least we don't have to deal with Patriots fans.

The Steelers got me emotionally into the game for a while, which I really wasn't expecting with the sheer volume and quality of injuries suffered. This could have been a special year, but it just wasn't to be...thanks, Vontaze.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
If that POS gets any games off his suspension the nfl is a joke. I get the NFLPA is there to represent all players but I don't see how they are going to argue the suspension should be lessened when it took Brown out of the team's most important game of the year.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Can someone remind how ONE playoff win since 2010 is worthy of our head coach having a contract through the 2018 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad