OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Pretty much. You can put the microscope on any number of plays, but you could do the same on the other side. Special teams spotted Denver at least two field goals and we were driving when Touissant fumbled. That was a back-breaker, and I'm willing to call that more of a really nice play by Denver than a WTF moment by Touissant (though I do think he got greedy on the play and had the first down if he just falls to the middle instead of trying to break it outside...easy for me to say with my TV angle showing the entire line that he doesn't have).

Either of these teams would get wrecked by New England in their current state...at least we don't have to deal with Patriots fans.

The Steelers got me emotionally into the game for a while, which I really wasn't expecting with the sheer volume and quality of injuries suffered. This could have been a special year, but it just wasn't to be...thanks, Vontaze.

I don't even blame Fitz. TnT was money against Cincy and Fitz ****ed one play up. **** happens.

I'm happy with our season overall. I thought even if healthy we would struggle to make the playoffs, with the schedule we got. Missing so many key players and making it to the divisional round is a good result. And we got a playoff win. Shore up the defense in the upcoming draft a little bit more and we should be a great team next year again. Getting back the best RB, WR and C in the league should help, too. :laugh:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don't even blame Fitz. TnT was money against Cincy and Fitz ****ed one play up. **** happens.

I'm happy with our season overall. I thought even if healthy we would struggle to make the playoffs, with the schedule we got. Missing so many key players and making it to the divisional round is a good result. And we got a playoff win. Shore up the defense in the upcoming draft a little bit more and we should be a great team next year again. Getting back the best RB, WR and C in the league should help, too. :laugh:

I wish they had the best RB and C in the league

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I saw this as a 10-11 win team when healthy entering the year, which put me on the more optimistic side here. Throw in all the injuries along the way and I'm fairly happy with the results this time around. The defense showed marked improvements, the offensive depth got a chance to shine before being stretched a little too thin, the offensive line (largely) held up despite 2 massive injuries, we found our kicker of the future. All in all this was a productive season...which is a nice change after a lot of tire spinning.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I started following them in 97, year they lost to GB in the SB. Been a fan since

Still seems weird for someone from Montreal to root for a Boston team. Hell, I'm starting to hate everything San Francisco and I've only been in LA for 3 years.

Granted if we left off every city that a Pittsburgh team has a rivalry with that'd basically just leave LA and, like, the Orlando Magic.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
I saw this as a 10-11 win team when healthy entering the year, which put me on the more optimistic side here. Throw in all the injuries along the way and I'm fairly happy with the results this time around. The defense showed marked improvements, the offensive depth got a chance to shine before being stretched a little too thin, the offensive line (largely) held up despite 2 massive injuries, we found our kicker of the future. All in all this was a productive season...which is a nice change after a lot of tire spinning.

Yeah I really like our front seven, especially if Dupree makes the progress I think he will. Heyward-Tuitt is already as goog as it gets, imo. Shazier needs to stay healthy. And I would like an impact making safety. I think our defense could look pretty good next year.

And Coates looks like another good WR pick. Was disappointed they didn't trust him more this game.

I'm way more optimistic for next season than this. Gotta beat the Ravens though :laugh:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Still seems weird for someone from Montreal to root for a Boston team. Hell, I'm starting to hate everything San Francisco and I've only been in LA for 3 years.

Granted if we left off every city that a Pittsburgh team has a rivalry with that'd basically just leave LA and, like, the Orlando Magic.

IIRC, there are a lot of Red Sox fans in Montreal, and Quebec in general.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

I didn't see them winning 10 games this year. The D definitely overachieved, in spite of stubbornly sticking with the worst CB (or second worst if you say Browner is the worst) for most of the year. O-line was awesome, given the losses of Pouncey and Beachum. Unfortunately, drafting in the mid-20's, we probably won't get a stud CB (just missed out on Peters this year, who was really good), so I'm not sure how much the D's most glaring weakness will be fixed next year.

Today's game was winnable. The fumble and special teams gaffes in the first game were killers, Denver's top-rated D played really well, and their offense didn't turn the ball over. Play calling was pretty conservative, but we were taking what Denver was giving. Not going for the field goal was stupid, even without the benefit of hindsight.

I give Denver a good shot to win next week, cause their D will keep them in the game. I don't hate the Pats as much as most others here (I was actually glad to see them beat the Seahawks last year, as they were getting really annoying), and frankly, I don't care who wins at this point.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bad way to finish the playoffs on. On their way to sealing the deal....opsy, fumble.

Manning is some kind of suck, yet they move on. The guy can't throw worth a damn and the Steelers found a way to not be able to tackle to complete the unraveling.

One of the worst timed turnovers for the Steelers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why they should have tanked.

Saying we should have tanked is embarrassing. We not only made the playoffs, but we even won a game. We were probably a Round 1 injury away from the AFC championship. Going into week 17, we were good enough to beat anybody in the league on any given night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad