OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with it being a valuable stat. Like the data says you definitely want guys to end up in that top right quadrant. Caleb Williams hovering around 20% I think you could characterize as a yellow flag, Daniels 24.5% would be a red flag. Shedeur Sanders is probably going to be another guy well over 20% to get picked in the 1st round if not the top 10.

The only point I was trying to make is that is that it's just a piece of the evaluation and that there are some successful QB's that aren't under the 20% threshold. I'm okay with ignoring one red flag, but when you see like 3 more in other areas then I begin to question the profile.

Right now, I can't think of a more reliable red flag out of stats that still keep a guy in first round contention and as such, it's enough for me on its own unless there's something special on the other side.

It'll be interesting to see how Daniels, Sanders, and Quinn Ewers all go. It's possible the history to date is a small sample size and they're about to bust the narrative. Conversely, if they all fail, got to think it's going to become a no go area in the NFL pretty soon.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Some team is really gonna regret drafting him.

I certainly think he's a flawed player, but with the right coach he may be fixable.
My issue with drafting him would be more his father than anything else. You thought Eric Lindros' dad was meddling...wait until you get a load of Deion with is kid in the NFL.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I certainly think he's a flawed player, but with the right coach he may be fixable.
My issue with drafting him would be more his father than anything else. You thought Eric Lindros' dad was meddling...wait until you get a load of Deion with is kid in the NFL.

I'm fully prepared for Deion to contend that he should be hired as the coach for whatever team drafts his kid. The Raiders are supposedly big on the kid, so that would make a ton of sense for them to go full Deion.

I could see Carolina and their insane owner going full Deion as well if Bryce Young sucks again.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

I remember they interviewed Lindros Mom in the late 90s, she was a crying mess...ooff

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm fully prepared for Deion to contend that he should be hired as the coach for whatever team drafts his kid. The Raiders are supposedly big on the kid, so that would make a ton of sense for them to go full Deion.

I could see Carolina and their insane owner going full Deion as well if Bryce Young sucks again.
He is going to be a cowboy they aren’t paying Dak. They will trade up for him and his dad will coach the cowboys

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
There is too much that needs to be done with Shadeur to make him into an NFL QB with the way he is now. I think a team is really hurting themselves drafting him in the first because that's a first round pick you won't see a return for, if done correctly, for 3 years. He needs the Jordan Love treatment. Green Bay would actually be a great place for him.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Unless Dallas completely disappoints this year they'd have to move up 10-20 slots in the 1st round. To do that would be nearly unprecedented.
Buffalo did that to get Allen. We went up 10 spots for Bush and Troy. I don’t think Sanders is going to be the 1st Qb drafted

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
You can't say this stuff and not get repercussions. Even if some of this is absolutely true

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Man, that's shitty. There's zero public interest reasons to be filming a guy venting like that and posting it.

Also very stupid on his part.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Yeah IDK if an owner hires Deion to be the head coach. From what I've seen Deion is actually a terrible coach lol, but an incredible recruiter/motivator. I think he has more leverage at Colorado when he's bringing a starting QB and an all American WR/CB with him. Reminds me a bit of the Lavar Ball situation.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah IDK if an owner hires Deion to be the head coach. From what I've seen Deion is actually a terrible coach lol, but an incredible recruiter/motivator. I think he has more leverage at Colorado when he's bringing a starting QB and an all American WR/CB with him. Reminds me a bit of the Lavar Ball situation.

Tbf, if you're looking for an owner to do things you doubted an NFL owner would actually do, the Raiders are a good shout.

• Haha
Reactions: pistolpete11

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I've said many times that Tomlin missed his true calling: college HC or Boys and Girls club Director

Reactions: Ulf5

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The vibes I'm feeling about Russell Wilson going into this year right now are extremely not good.

I've said many times that Tomlin missed his true calling: college HC or Boys and Girls club Director

I think Tomlin would be one of the best recruiting college HCs in the NCAA, but I don't think he's enough of a hard ass to really push college students. He already has some criticism thrown at him for being a bit too soft in the NFL and overly relying on the players to police themselves, it would be even worse in college.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I wasn’t expecting much from a healthy Wilson. I think a hobbled Russell Wilson will be a train wreck.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpeg
    IMG_2765.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: WickedWrister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad