OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Everytime I think the Steelers have one problem too many, they prove me wrong. A hampered QB should be an offence killer given everything else though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Everytime I think the Steelers have one problem too many, they prove me wrong. A hampered QB should be an offence killer given everything else though.

Knowing this team, Fields somehow balls out in week 1 and it immediately starts a QB controversy.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Knowing this team, Fields somehow balls out in week 1 and it immediately starts a QB controversy.

If Fields starts and plays well, there should be zero controversy. He should start until he shows he shouldn’t. That’s probably my best case scenario for how this whole QB situation goes this year.

I think Wilson will play through whatever calf issue he has though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

If Fields can ball out behind that line, with those WRs, against a team that knows the OC's philosophy better than anyone, it'll be a short controversy!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know, Baltimore looks pretty mortal.
They both play offense much faster than the Steelers..modern football eludes the Steelers lol…have to play quick…guarantee we’ll look much sloppier than either of these teams and getting a first down will look nigh impossible lol…the coaching on this team stinks

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
They both play offense much faster than the Steelers..modern football eludes the Steelers lol…have to play quick…guarantee we’ll look much sloppier than either of these teams and getting a first down will look nigh impossible lol…the coaching on this team stinks
Yeah I mean they both looked great on their opening drives but it's honestly been sloppy since then. Couple turnovers and a bunch of silly penalties.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I pass very little judgements in Sept/Oct football. KC is going to face serious attrition this season, bank on that.
Agreed!

As far as the Steelers go I think we'll beat ATL. They aren't exactly world beaters themselves. They have plenty of questions.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I mean they both looked great on their opening drives but it's honestly been sloppy since then. Couple turnovers and a bunch of silly penalties.
A little bit…the Ravens are working in a new O line…guess who’s also working in a new O line, new Qb and a couple new WRs…don’t expect much Sunday lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great game with exciting players…something the Steelers don’t have…glad the Ravens lost

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wonder if they've ever discussed not having the ref make a call until they see the replay in those circs. Harsh to reverse a decision, but it's basically 50-50 they're going to have to if they start making calls in those circs.

Anyway, sucks to be the Ravens, just as the world should be.

New kickoff format is already dead lol. They should've made touchbacks to the 35 to punish this.

I feel like this was pretty predictable. Beyond what you're saying about the touchbacks, I think they should have moved the kicker back so that booting it through the end zone simply wasn't as possible.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What’s going to happen when TF is ready to play RT on Sunday? Broderick Jones is going to the bench because Dan Morre is so great? Lol
And yet jones can’t beat moore out

chiefs 2nd round rookie LT already starting and playing well.

just get rid of this whole staff already
If troy is healthy we be starting 2 rookies and a 2nd year

wrong. it was his foot that had injury question marks.

that and the league isn't looking for that type of TE early on. Move tight ends are all the rage

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
That was a fun game. Ravens strategy on offense seems to be “Let’s hope Lamar Jackson can do something cool.”

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I feel like this was pretty predictable. Beyond what you're saying about the touchbacks, I think they should have moved the kicker back so that booting it through the end zone simply wasn't as possible.
Yeah that could work too. It's just silly because the league said they were going to use the preseason data to gauge what the average starting field position was on returnable kicks before ratifying the rule...and it was something like 29.5 yards. And they voted in favor anyway. So coaches are understandably going to be like, "Why even bother risking it, we'll give them the 30".

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad