OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Literally Adore Jackson and Stephen Gilmore just signed. Howard is still a fa. We kept multiple cbs on the ps. To say there wasn’t cb available isn’t true
They are washed. Everyone knows that. We got a young corner that can maybe get better.
You, like always don't know what you're talkin bout boy! You just keep making things up as you go I guess. lol

GTFO!

Sure. Boyd was offered a contract and declined. You're as dense as a pound cake.

No wide out wants to play here. You know this but you still keep up with this narrative that is silly at best and mentally challenged at worst.
I mean I put a lot of that on #8 but I don't want to get into all that again. What DJ was objectively really good at was creating separation and getting open. Good success rates vs man, zone, press. That's why he's top 10 in targets since coming into the league and lead the team in targets 4 out of the 5 last years (only didn't in 2023 due to injury). He's not without his flaws but I wouldn't say he did basically nothing.

I will say though that it feels like it has never been easier for rookie WR's to produce early on. There was more than a dozen first year players with 500+ receiving yards last year.

DJ was good with a HOF QB. Ben is gone and no one here is like him. Even when Ben was throwing him the ball he still gave up on routes, dropped passes, and took plays off. He really wasn't as great as his stats stated. If he was, he would have been helping a young offense not pouting and hurting it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
We still don't have a slot corner. It's a way bigger issue than WR. WR is weak. Corner depth is non-existent. That is the position they should be offering picks up for.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They have Eliot who’s a safety that can play nb. They can use 3 safeties they can line up Wilson as a coverage backer.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just an uninformed hack!
We agree!

We still don't have a slot corner. It's a way bigger issue than WR. WR is weak. Corner depth is non-existent. That is the position they should be offering picks up for.
WR room is arguably the worst in the league. Slot CB we can agree on.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Weird narrative by you and the media. I think I like this Secondary room the most since 08-10 years.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Damn I hope he ends up okay, between the Gaudreau news and this it's been a horrid few days for pro sports.

God speed to him and those close to him.

We visited San Francisco a couple of years ago. Not our favorite place in recent travels but We had fun.

I would think twice of late and certainly wouldn't be wearing a fancy watch when going out.

That always has been true. Situational awareness. But it seems much worse of late.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
ga
WR is not good, but when you factor in everyone else that can catch a pass (multiple TE sets coming/split backfield)...not as pressing. See how that works? We are adding 1+1 right now, Ryder. Be better.

Narrative by me...and the media. You're a f***in dolt.
Take a good look everyone.... this is your typical nasty, pointless response. It is absolutely your narrative and the media has the same narrative (which is where a guy like you forms all of their opinions).

Still mocking Kevin Stevens... what a proud man you must be... and a pleasant one as well.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This thread is more entertaining than anything the team has done in 5+ years :laugh:

Don't worry. The season is right around the corner. Ryder, Kev and Co will be showing their collective brain cell by beating up the same topic for 18 weeks.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Don't worry. The season is right around the corner. Ryder, Kev and Co will be showing their collective brain cell by beating up the same topic for 18 weeks.

With that being the case, imho we finally see this team having a 6-7 win team. Ik Khan is building towards the future but QB is going to hamper this team badly. If Justin Fields had Ryan Day as his OC/QB coach I’d have some faith in the offense. But we’re stuck with an over the hill Russ and 1A rb who sees the field as well as Trent Richardson.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's a 2nd+3rd+making him a top 5 paid WR. There's still an argument for it, but that's not a no-brainer IMO. Especially if you aren't really convinced you're a serious contender even with Aiyuk.

I dunno. I don't really fault Khan for sticking to his offer. I fault him for not having a better fall back option than Van Jefferson. If he would have signed Boyd or Reynolds or any of the other WR that were thrown around this summer and was looking at adding Aiyuk in addition, I'd be fine with losing out on him. It's just how bad the WR group looks now that's the problem.

Don't tell Scotty this. Cause Scotty doesn't know.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Diontae Johnson got open again and again in offenses run by Randy Fichtner and Matt Canada. He is far from a perfect player but he will be badly missed. Khan screwed up in this situation.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
WR is not good, but when you factor in everyone else that can catch a pass (multiple TE sets coming/split backfield)...not as pressing. See how that works? We are adding 1+1 right now, Ryder. Be better.

Narrative by me...and the media. You're a f***in dolt.
That an absurd premise you're operating under. So, because we have other areas that aren't a glaring weakness we shouldn't try to address a gaping hole with our WR room?

My contention is Khan didn't have to weaken the position in the 1st place. It was unnecessary and very likely costly. Please try and pay attention when adults are talking, you might learn something, but probably not. Be Better JTG, If you can.
ga

Take a good look everyone.... this is your typical nasty, pointless response. It is absolutely your narrative and the media has the same narrative (which is where a guy like you forms all of their opinions).

Still mocking Kevin Stevens... what a proud man you must be... and a pleasant one as well.
His lack of couth and common sense isn't surprising. He just embodies it every cursed day he lives.

Diontae Johnson got open again and again in offenses run by Randy Fichtner and Matt Canada. He is far from a perfect player but he will be badly missed. Khan screwed up in this situation.
Pretty obvious isn't it? But some here don't perceive it as a big loss! You're absolutely right!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Totally possible. If they fall out of the gate...it's done. At that point they would benefit greatly from dumping guys at the deadline because unless something drastic happens, they are going to get their shit rocked in the back half of the year.

The upside is the defense is DB away from being about as solid as they have been in some time. We have an offensive line that should mature and develop together. That worked well last time. I think we have a top TE, a borderline #1 WR, and competent backs.

They have to come out guns a blazing or we may as well not even watch after Thanksgiving.
Yeah I did my projected W/L on the schedule a few pages back in this thread and if we don't start out 3-1, the chances of us finishing above .500 looks extremely unlikely.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
God speed to him and those close to him.

We visited San Francisco a couple of years ago. Not our favorite place in recent travels but We had fun.

I would think twice of late and certainly wouldn't be wearing a fancy watch when going out.

That always has been true. Situational awareness. But it seems much worse of late.

Looks like Pearsall should be okay, he was apparently only shot in the arm. Scary situation nonetheless. I'm not going to use that as a platform to just shit on SF, but I wasn't exactly surprised when I heard this happened to a 49ers player.

What's kinda cool though is Pearsall apparently beat up the guy robbing him even after being shot, the attacker actually ended up with a worse gunshot wound than Pearsall did. Pearsall's scouting report gave that "he has that dawg in him" vibe and him beating up a guy trying to mug him certainly fits that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Looks like Pearsall should be okay, he was apparently only shot in the arm. Scary situation nonetheless. I'm not going to use that as a platform to just shit on SF, but I wasn't exactly surprised when I heard this happened to a 49ers player.

What's kinda cool though is Pearsall apparently beat up the guy robbing him even after being shot, the attacker actually ended up with a worse gunshot wound than Pearsall did. Pearsall's scouting report gave that "he has that dawg in him" vibe and him beating up a guy trying to mug him certainly fits that.
Wasn't crapping on SF per se. Although they do need to get their act together.

Mostly I was saying that you need to be situationally aware everywhere.

We went to Mexico City for Day of the Dead a couple of years ago. Are going again this October-November. My girlfriend received numerous warnings that she shouldn't go from friends. We felt perfectly safe. But if you get drunk wearing a Rolex and flash hundred dollar bills at 2 am and get mugged it isn't because the city should be avoided. It is because you are being an idiot. I wouldn't do that downtown Pittsburgh either. Or any other city.

My father gave me his Rolex a few years ago. I haven't worn it in a few years and certainly wouldn't walking around any city. No reason to make yourself a target.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
1725158950778.png

Reactions: Ryder71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad