OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I kept telling WVU folk not to panic after yesterday - it was a bad day for them, and PSU is a legitimate national title contender. PSU will make a lot of good teams look bad and WVU will murder Pitt in Week 3 and all will be well again.

But to gloat some… Drew drew! 🚂 for Heisman.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Anyway...Staying on topic:

What about the Kenny Pickett gala? One should be held immediately! 🤡
I had high hopes for KP. It's hard to predict how a qb will react under NFL Fire. I've see allot better prospects careers destroyed going to bad organizations. KP has an average arm and is on the smaller side of what you want your qb to be. Having said that, the organization did him no favors with that OLINE and OC.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I had high hopes for KP. It's hard to predict how a qb will react under NFL Fire. I've see allot better prospects careers destroyed going to bad organizations. KP has an average arm and is on the smaller side of what you want your qb to be. Having said that, the organization did him no favors with that OLINE and OC.
KP could have been drafted by KC and it wouldn’t have mattered he doesn’t have a single elite trait. Fields is at least an elite runner

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Even with all the roster turnover, the injuries and the swing and miss on Aiyuk, I think we'll get off to a good start. Fortunately The early part of the season doesn't look so daunting. Barring any further set backs this week I think we'll beat ATL.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

This is why the game needs to be postponed for a KP Gala. They have to ask Philly for permission, I guess.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
According to the replies, that was actually his 4th game in the NFL when he had 6 catches for 102 yards against the Jets. That was also Pickett's first game IIRC.
Yeah it’s a little more excusable for a rookie to do that. Pretty wild how that never got leaked to local media.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Anything else apart, that's hilarious :laugh: love how most of the replies are debating twizzlers rather than the news

Anyway, yeah, doesn't change ought at this point. It's not whether Pickens was a headcase in the past, it's whether he'll be one in the future.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That APY makes that deal totally worth it, even if it's a year longer than I would have preferred. I was scared he'd be pushing $20 million to be a top-10 paid IDL but he even ended up taking a pay cut. Not bad.

Oh wait it's actually a 3 year deal that includes this year, so it's only 2 more years. Yeah, 2 years and $29 million on an extension is totally good with me.

Reactions: JTG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also worth noting that this deal takes Heyward through Benton's rookie deal, so I figure that Heyward retires after his current deal and that money is rerouted towards Benton. I still think they need to draft another DL this year, but it's good to know that they at least have Benton and Heyward locked up for 2024-2026.

If Benton continues to progress and they take a LE high next year, I think their DL will be looking pretty damn good for the next few years.

Reactions: JTG

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If only 16 mil is guaranteed I really don't see an issue here, looks to be a good deal from everyone involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad