OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Glad we didn’t get saddled with that contract.

Wish we would’ve signed Noah Brown but the Commies got him instead

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Because he should be affordable, we have the cap space, and it would probably cost just as much to replace him with a comparable player.

There's not too many TE's I like in next years FA class. Maybe Tyler Conklin I guess?
If Muth were a guy like Kittle, sign me up. Injuries and his lack of blocking have me very weary about any large contract.

Khan is very mixed so far. I still don't see a longterm plan in place. They could have added Dotson to their WR room last week and were asleep at the wheel. I was huge on Aiyuk early, but that was based on me being excited about their over depth in which now I have major concerns. Tomlin has found stars during his tenure, but his major weakness (outside of gameday decisions) is he struggles to fill out his roster with NFL players. When a great player goes down, their replaced with guys who should be bagging groceries, the dropoff is too wide to overcome.

Also, their high paid players aren't living up to their money outside of TJ.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Glad we didn’t get saddled with that contract.

Wish we would’ve signed Noah Brown but the Commies got him instead
Brown isn’t much better than Jefferson

you’re not going pay Pat 15 million a year that’s what kittle makes.
His group is 12 million Nokju kemet shultz

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
If Muth were a guy like Kittle, sign me up. Injuries and his lack of blocking have me very weary about any large contract.

Khan is very mixed so far. I still don't see a longterm plan in place. They could have added Dotson to their WR room last week and were asleep at the wheel. I was huge on Aiyuk early, but that was based on me being excited about their over depth in which now I have major concerns. Tomlin has found stars during his tenure, but his major weakness (outside of gameday decisions) is he struggles to fill out his roster with NFL players. When a great player goes down, their replaced with guys who should be bagging groceries, the dropoff is too wide to overcome.

Also, their high paid players aren't living up to their money outside of TJ.
I mean George Kittle is a perennial All-Pro caliber TE, I don't think Muth is even in the same zipcode. Side note, that Kittle extension signed in 2020 looks like a bargain at $15m per now.

Muth's agent is probably asking for what Cole Kmet got last year ($12.5m). I'd hope we'd counter with something less but that's probably around the ballpark. $10-12m?

It's so easy at times to spot great coaching. N Dakota St coaching is stunning to watch. They lack talent with this matchup, but they are so crisp and inventive.

I got this game on in the background too, what a wacky INT by Shadeur Sanders on that last series. To be fair though, NDSU has been sending a bunch of guys to the NFL the last few years. Travis Hunter is so fun to watch, I hope whoever drafts him lets him try to play WR and CB in the NFL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Their WR depth is Sutton, Tim Patrick, Josh Reynolds, and Marvin Mims. I feel like that is indeed decent depth, but I don't think decent depth is something that prompts a team to trade their WR1 right before the season if they can at all help it. Not if you're a management team with a brand new QB taken at 12OA after axing your old QB in a really controversial way, and who just paid out a signing bonus to Sutton to keep him happy.

I could get maybe the Raiders thinking about Adams, because they don't have their reps on the line/the 12OA picks/haven't reworked his contract. But Denver, I think that situation would make them pretty resistent.

Yeah I had forgotten they traded Jeudy to the Browns, I was thinking that Sutton was a much more attainable target because they still had Jeudy.

I think Sutton could be an option if the Broncos are out of it later in the year, but yeah they likely want to give Nix some support rather than leaving him with nothing. I think Adams would be more available right now but he'd cost way more than Sutton would.

Reactions: Peat

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kinda reminds me of the Ray Shero Hossa situation where he waited around to see what he wanted to do before he went to the wings.

I’ll give Khan this though never came off as desperate… If it happened cool if not oh well.
Except there was no viable plan B, so yeah, it is a big deal! Who the hell is gonna be our number 2 WR?

Thank god it’s over. Kind of feel like Khan got played though.

He did and the worst part was he didn't have a safety net. He looks pretty stupid now don't he?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
All he had to do was not deal Dontae and none of this would have been an issue. No, Instead this nonsense took up the entire offseason as a saga. Khan got conned!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Except there was no viable plan B, so yeah, it is a big deal! Who the hell is gonna be our number 2 WR?

He did and the worst part was he didn't have a safety net. He looks pretty stupid now don't he?
his safety net is having a drink at Tomlin's, laughing about the money they're making without having to have any positive results. straight cash money homey

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You have to start questioning these individuals moral integrity when these sorts of things occur.

No one could possibly be that stupid, can they? I guess there's no accountability for some. Rooney, Nutting, Tomlin, FSG (to varying degrees), yet we put up with it. I might have to rethink things a bit.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is a very very bad day for Omar Khan. For all the props he was given, not having a decent WR stable here is not only an epic failure it shows a level of ineptitude seldom seen! You don't have to be a genius to see that Fundamentally he made an awful miscalculation. And to be clear I said this back in march. If you're gonna move a player the caliber of Dontae Johnson you better have options and not take wild guesses. If you wanna swing for the fences, you might fail, so a wise GM or hell even one with a modicum of common sense would have a back up plan ready to go.

We're not even asking for a top rung guy, but this MIGHT BE the worst WR group in the NFL, no joke. And it didn't have to be this way. And some can say it doesn't matter. Well, whether it does or doesn't isn't the point. I think it does matter, but beyond that you should try to do all you can to help afford your team the best chance by which to succeed UNLESS you're tanking! Omar clearly and decisively didn't do that. This was a scenario that was easily avoidable. He in fact went out of his way to put us behind the eight ball if you think about it. We got shit value for Johnson to begin with.

He let everyone down, including his team, family and friends.

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I definitely got my hopes up at one point, but it never made sense to me why Aiyuk would want to leave the 49ers for the Steelers. They have a mastermind offensive coach, a good young QB, he was a big part of their offense, and they were just in the Super Bowl. The Steelers have a coach that only cares about defense, an unknown QB situation especially after this year, an offense that figures to run the ball a lot, and they haven't even sniffed a playoff win in 7 years.

I think he used the Steelers to negotiate a bigger deal. I'm not mad at him for it. Players should get what they can. But, yeah, it would have been nice to have a better back up plan than Van Jefferson. I guess we'll see if Khan can pull something out of his ass.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I definitely got my hopes up at one point, but it never made sense to me why Aiyuk would want to leave the 49ers for the Steelers. They have a mastermind offensive coach, a good young QB, he was a big part of their offense, and they were just in the Super Bowl. The Steelers have a coach that only cares about defense, an unknown QB situation especially after this year, an offense that figures to run the ball a lot, and they haven't even sniffed a playoff win in 7 years.

I think he used the Steelers to negotiate a bigger deal. I'm not mad at him for it. Players should get what they can. But, yeah, it would have been nice to have a better back up plan than Van Jefferson. I guess we'll see if Khan can pull something out of his ass.
Because that good young qb is about to get paid 60 million dollars a year and then they will not be real superbowl contenders. Theres a real chance Hargrave Ward Hufunga Greenlaw Debo will be gone next season. All 4 of their cbs are fa
Their offense is a run 1st play action offense just like ours. His role would have been the exact same here as the x wr. They have an average o line with Williams being the best lt in football if he misses time its bottom 5.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Because that good young qb is about to get paid 60 million dollars a year and then they will not be real superbowl contenders. Theres a real chance Hargrave Ward Hufunga Greenlaw Debo will be gone next season. All 4 of their cbs are fa
Their offense is a run 1st play action offense just like ours. His role would have been the exact same here as the x wr. They have an average o line with Williams being the best lt in football if he misses time its bottom 5.

That's yet to be proven. Hard to run 1st when your Oline isn't great

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yes, because the Steelers don't have any question marks about their roster heading into next season :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad