OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
british-cop-screaming-screaming.gif

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sitting out the whole year isn’t possible for him. He needs to accrue the year or his window just gets pushed back.

Entirely academic now - but if a guy on a 5th year option doesn't play, the contract is still intact next season? Is that what you're saying?

Thank god it’s over. Kind of feel like Khan got played though.

Kinda, feels like Aiyuk never wanted to leave San Fran, but at the same time, what else is Khan to do? Not get involved on a guy who could help the team?

I do wonder what opportunities he might have passed by, or whether a more aggressive offer earlier mightn't have changed things, but :dunno:

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Kinda reminds me of the Ray Shero Hossa situation where he waited around to see what he wanted to do before he went to the wings.

I’ll give Khan this though never came off as desperate… If it happened cool if not oh well.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Entirely academic now - but if a guy on a 5th year option doesn't play, the contract is still intact next season? Is that what you're saying?

Kinda, feels like Aiyuk never wanted to leave San Fran, but at the same time, what else is Khan to do? Not get involved on a guy who could help the team?

I do wonder what opportunities he might have passed by, or whether a more aggressive offer earlier mightn't have changed things, but :dunno:

Who knows but I have to imagine going into the season with the receiver room as is was worst case scenario. And if it wasn’t then I’ve got some questions.

Reactions: Peat

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
And yet the dolphins can’t beat a team with a winning record and are 8-20 when the kickoff weather is 40 degrees and have not won a playoff game in 25 years

Let me rephrase this. You're right and I can attest to this as a Florida resident. I now feel i need a winter coat at 50 degrees. Lol

I agree that warm weather teams can have trouble in the snow. But it depends who they are playing. When you have a now bumbling doofus coaching staff that has proven they can't win a playoff game in a decade

When it was snowing in Buffalo, did you see the camera go to Tomlins face last playoff game? That clown was already checked out and ready to go home, it was the 1st quarter!

So yeah Miami would have trouble but they have enough to overcome by playing an inferior team.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Still hopeful this team could surprise, starting to lean towards an epic disaster. This might be the year the chickens come home to roost for Rooney.

Rooney has his end of the year speech already prepared in February. You just have to press play.

Yeah I still maintain that this team is improved in more key areas than last year, but our schedule and likely regression to the mean in one score games puts a ceiling on how successful this team is going to be.

By the way, JT's latest thumbnail about our QB's has me cracking up :laugh:

View attachment 903868

Someone's obsessed with this guy.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'd go back to the Broncos and talk about a Sutton trade at that point then, see if you can get him for like a 3rd and 4th or something like that.
I saw some bitter Steelers fans speculating that Sean Payton was being too petty to let Russ get a WR :laugh:

What's more likely is that they have arguably a weaker WR room than we do and want to give Bo Nix at least one weapon in his rookie year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You taking that if you're the Broncos?

Idk maybe? I'm not super familiar with the Broncos WR depth. I know they had fairly decent depth last year but I believe they've traded or lost a few guys since then.

I just remember Mims was their #4 WR last year which seems like good WR depth.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Idk maybe? I'm not super familiar with the Broncos WR depth. I know they had fairly decent depth last year but I believe they've traded or lost a few guys since then.

Last year Sutton was there best wr. They traded Juedy who was there 2nd wr and signed reynolds mims is wr 3

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Their WR depth is Sutton, Tim Patrick, Josh Reynolds, and Marvin Mims. I feel like that is indeed decent depth, but I don't think decent depth is something that prompts a team to trade their WR1 right before the season if they can at all help it. Not if you're a management team with a brand new QB taken at 12OA after axing your old QB in a really controversial way, and who just paid out a signing bonus to Sutton to keep him happy.

I could get maybe the Raiders thinking about Adams, because they don't have their reps on the line/the 12OA picks/haven't reworked his contract. But Denver, I think that situation would make them pretty resistent.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Their WR depth is Sutton, Tim Patrick, Josh Reynolds, and Marvin Mims. I feel like that is indeed decent depth, but I don't think decent depth is something that prompts a team to trade their WR1 right before the season if they can at all help it. Not if you're a management team with a brand new QB taken at 12OA after axing your old QB in a really controversial way, and who just paid out a signing bonus to Sutton to keep him happy.

I could get maybe the Raiders thinking about Adams, because they don't have their reps on the line/the 12OA picks/haven't reworked his contract. But Denver, I think that situation would make them pretty resistent.
Tim Patrick signed with the Lions practice squad. I would've taken a chance on him but he's had back to back season ending injuries. Agree with the rest of this rationale though.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The Broncos would really be leaving Nix hung out to dry if they traded Sutton. If the Steelers are in a position to “go for it” around the TDL they can get in the Davante Adams sweepstakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad