OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Kadarius Toney... total headcase and low football IQ so he'd fit right in :laugh:. Probably more of a gadget/ST guy than a viable WR but he's legitimately electric with the ball in his hands.

The other version of Pickett was cut by his team :laugh:

That 2022 draft for QBs was horrid.

Yeah it's legitimately just Purdy and Skylar Thompson with MIA as the only two QB's still on their original team from that class.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Attachments

• MV5BN2MxNTJlODMtYzE2Mi00ODhiLTk4Y2ItYzljMzQ0YmVhZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MDY5NzI@._V1_QL75_UX480_.jpg
    MV5BN2MxNTJlODMtYzE2Mi00ODhiLTk4Y2ItYzljMzQ0YmVhZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MDY5NzI@._V1_QL75_UX480_.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
With Malik Willis being traded and Desmond Ridder and Bailey Zappe being released, let’s recap what might be the worst QB draft class I can ever remember:

Pickett
Ridder
Willis
Corral
Zappe
Howell
Odulakun
Thompson
***Brock Purdy***

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That 53 seems fairly logical. I'd kind of forgot Jalen Elliott was involved and am open to conspiracy theories that when Tomlin dictated the list, he just said Elliott, safety, and the intern got confused but didn't want to say anything he just did Jalen and DeShon. Didn't really expect Logan Lee to make it.

The only guy where I'm raising an eyebrow at them not being there is Dez Fitzpatrick who was having a nice camp receiving and was heavily involved in special teams stuff, but it's not all that surprising he didn't make it either.

edit: And Ryan Watts, but I just seen he's been put on SOIR with Welschof.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Fitzpatrick was trying to make the team as a gunner and the 6th wr wouldn’t be shocked if they bring back boykins
I still think milk gets traded in a pick swap and they bring in a safety to bump kazee out.
16 ps spots

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate the rational of keeping matakevich over Johnson. You only have 3 OLB's, Johnson had potential and Mat will not make that big of an impact on ST.

Shortsighted dumb move

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I hate the rational of keeping matakevich over Johnson. You only have 3 OLB's, Johnson had potential and Mat will not make that big of an impact on ST.

Shortsighted dumb move
Jeremiah Moon was sent to IR with a designation to return. I'm guessing that played a part in Johnson's release?
Surprised Loudermilk survived. Again.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I am interested in who they add from the outside and to the practice squad.
Lots of safeties better than Kazee and milk is a jag

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I would go sign Chris Oladokun. He looked great from what I saw and I think the Chiefs have an under the table agreement with him to keep him on their practice squad.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I would honestly rather bring back Claypool before Toney. KT is a MORON
Claypool went from a good lad to an egotistical twat with attitude issues, I would think he got some serious humbling done to him and would be interesting to bring back and see if he is finally ready to be an adult. Barring his toe injury is healed anyway, I'd maybe bring Claypool back if the OC talks to him first and is on the same page about it. Also if Fields is cool with it.

In any case, Smith hopefully has a good go of it, I'm still not convinced about the hiring of Arth as QB Coach that can help Fields grow, given the many issues this team has had with QB's the last couple of years, to find someone with barely any success into a very important position is not wise and typical of Tomlin.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/08/2 ... rick-green

On Kendrick Green:
"He was in an unfortunate situation," Moore said. "Being a guard in college and then having to make that transition to center and having to be the guy Day 1, obviously it is a tough task and it hurt his development a lot."

"We had to skip a lot of things in the process just to get him ready for Week 1, and it kind of sped his development up a little bit, so he wasn't really able to learn the little nuances and techniques a center may have to learn."

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Congrats to Cory Trice with a hard fought battle to be in the NFL!

Excited to see Beanie Bishop get an extended look as well. He is super talented and I wonder if he is one of the rare players where being on the field with NFL players covers up some of his weaknesses (since he isn’t being asked to do as much as he did at WVU).

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
From another site re: drafting WR's. Not my words.

They lost the people from within the organization who were the WR savants. My theory was that Arians was the savant and he influenced some guys who worked with him directly. After Arians left, the WR picks declined-- with a few successes like JuJu, Bryant, & DJ--but basically when those guys like Richard Mann were gone, it went straight to the crapshoot it is for most teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad