OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just think its a bit premature to be talking about wasting Ben's career pretending it was still the 70's when we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago and won the super bowl 2 before that.

TheGreatPenguino

Jul 4, 2012
Ever since the Penguins got swept out of the Eastern Conference Finals I've been wondering - why do Penguins fans and Steelers fans act so differently after disappointments?

Take Penguins fans for example - after getting swept out Penguins fans demanded huge changes. They wanted Bylsma and Fleury out (some even wanted Shero gone) and some fans even questioned if Mario really valued winning. There was a sense that despite the fact the Penguins got further in the playoffs than 26 other teams, this was a deeply flawed team that needed a shake-up.

Steeler fans on the other hand seem to be scared to death of change. After a disappointing 8-8 season, Steeler fans seem to think it was all because of breaks and bounces. They think that the Steelers front office and ownership is always right and should never be questioned. If you do question it, you'll likely be called a Ravens fan, a Browns fan, an Arians lover, or you'll get homophobic slurs thrown in your face. Never you mind the Haley offense was no better than the Haley offense, Art Rooney II likes it so he's right! :shakehead

I realize not all Penguins fans are Steelers fans and visa versa, but still, how can a fanbase react so differently after disappointments from their sports teams?

Steelers regularly have playoff success, the Penguins have not.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Very nice. Awesome setup right along the river, and the city view in front of you as you watch the action. Nice jumbotron showing the play if you need to view it. I like it. Will definitely attend again.

Edit: and I had a Paul Child sighting,so that was cool.

EDIT2: USL games are shown online....uslnation.com

Thanks for that link. Will watch Riverhound games as I'm a big football fan.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Thanks for that link. Will watch Riverhound games as I'm a big football fan.

Yeah, absolutely.

You are used to watching the highest quality football. Just remember this is several steps down from that.

EDIT: They (Riverhounds) are playing a friendly with Wigan this weekend, (I don't think that will be online). I am thinking of going.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Hi guys,

I am planning a trip down from Ottawa to see the Steelers and Bears on Sept 22.

Right now worst seats in the house are going for $156 on Stub Hub.

Was wondering if anyone has 4 seats to that game they don't need, or if there is a better/local way to get tickets at better value.

We'll pay stub hub, but If I can do better, I'd like to.

Thanks !

Azkals

Jun 15, 2012
Riverhounds games are fun, I definitely recommend and I've been to 7 games so far this season.

Hi guys,

I am planning a trip down from Ottawa to see the Steelers and Bears on Sept 22.

Right now worst seats in the house are going for $156 on Stub Hub.

Was wondering if anyone has 4 seats to that game they don't need, or if there is a better/local way to get tickets at better value.

We'll pay stub hub, but If I can do better, I'd like to.

Thanks !

My advice, wait. Tickets will drop closer to game day. Plus, STHs don't even have their tickets yet so there really is no point in buying Pens tickets right now.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
How stupid can these guys get?

It's not even good for a laugh anymore.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't even come close to caring about these guys the way I do about the Penguins. I just plain don't like most of the vocal players.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maurkice and Mike Pouncey wear ‘Free Hernandez’ hats in support of Aaron Hernandez

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ar-free-hernandez-hats-club-article-1.1398466

Didn't Hernandez pretty much admit to it? I don't know too much about the story outside of what people talked about. Free him for what? Murdering someone? What the **** is wrong with people?

Each day the NFL becomes less and less appealing. These guys who just completely suck outweigh all the great individuals who are in the NFL. It seems like every ****ing second someone is doing dumb stuff or saying dumb things. Even 3rd/4th rounders are acting like they are the next savior to the NFL and how much "Swagger" they have. It's such a joke.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
If Timmons or Heyward walked up to me on the street I would have no idea who they are. Not sure I've ever heard anything about either off the field.

Well, Heyward is a pretty low key guy. He was like that all through out his time here in Columbus and never got in trouble nor did anything stupid like most NFL'ers and Timmons seems to be the same way. Timmons also talks about the Pens a lot on his twitter too :yo:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yeah I'm pretty much done with the Steelers. Very unlikable team and organization, not that it's not a problem endemic to all football.

Add to that the changing nature of the game and watching the NFL is even less appealing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm still a Steelers fan. I just don't follow it nearly as close as the Pens. Its a nice casual sport for me being once a week and easier to half watch while doing something else.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Riverhounds game tomorrow. 3pm EST. Think they need to go on a winning run as they're 5 points off.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh

:laugh: it must really suck to get busted for PEDs and still not be any good.

also, if the Riverhounds ever want to become really popular in Pittsburgh and one day make it to the MLS, they're gonna have to fix that logo and get some Black and Gold kits.

aren't they playing Wigan Athletic tonight? is there anywhere to watch it online or something?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The color scheme stems from a partnership with Everton...but yeah, if the Hounds ever want to make headways in Pittsburgh they're going to have to update the logo and bring the color scheme up to Pittsburgh standards. They're the only at least semi-pro team in the city going against the grain there.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Steelers regularly have playoff success, the Penguins have not.

Have they? Certainly they have during Ben's career, but in the time before that and after Bradshaw's career, not so much. They were mediocre to awful in the 80's. In the 90's under Cowher they gave us better regular seasons, but choked in the playoffs too often.

I know - six Super Bowl wins, and no one can take that away from the Steelers. But lets not act like they've never known extended periods of failure, because they have - and it usually stems from them being too stubborn to make certain changes.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Have they? Certainly they have during Ben's career, but in the time before that and after Bradshaw's career, not so much. They were mediocre to awful in the 80's. In the 90's under Cowher they gave us better regular seasons, but choked in the playoffs too often.

I know - six Super Bowl wins, and no one can take that away from the Steelers. But lets not act like they've never known extended periods of failure, because they have - and it usually stems from them being too stubborn to make certain changes.

and it has worked better than any strategy any other franchise has come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad