OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Given all the factors with Adams I don’t know if I’d blame him for not overpaying, but I think this will end up being one of my biggest pet peeves with Khan. There’s no need to go full Jim Rutherford but at a certain point I think he needs to prioritize solving a problem that’s hurting the team over getting a good deal.
Adams is a difference maker worth paying for, but I’ll hold off on criticizing Khan until the TDL passes. There are a few names available besides Adam’s that I would be fine with.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Given all the factors with Adams I don’t know if I’d blame him for not overpaying, but I think this will end up being one of my biggest pet peeves with Khan. There’s no need to go full Jim Rutherford but at a certain point I think he needs to prioritize solving a problem that’s hurting the team over getting a good deal.
I agree this is a clear and obvious hole on the roster but WR is arguably the deepest position in the league - there will be other options available. Probably not the pedigree of Adams though.

I still balk at a 2nd, but that’s just me.

I liked Peats suggestion of Christian Kirk, what this WR group really needs is what it lost - an easy separator.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I agree this is a clear and obvious hole on the roster but WR is arguably the deepest position in the league - there will be other options available. Probably not the pedigree of Adams though.

I still balk at a 2nd, but that’s just me.

I liked Peats suggestion of Christian Kirk, what this WR group really needs is what it lost - an easy separator.
Yep, I'd rather some other team overpay for Adams (in draft picks and then that bloated salary) and have the Steelers pick up another WR on the cheap(er).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
A 2nd is a tough pill to swallow for Adams. Dude's still real good, I think, but he doesn't have a lot of time left being 32. To pay a guy that much for the downside of his career seems like one of those desperate attempts to be relevant that loser franchises make. I'd rather stay the course (or go a cheaper route) and continue to build for the next few years than shoot their shot now.

I also think it's kinda weird they let it 'leak' that they want a 2nd+. I get they are trying to set a high price for him in hopes someone will pay it, but if not, are they going to settle and look foolish in front of their fans (and ownership)?

I wonder if the answer to that one is based on the phone calls they've already made, that 2nd is the highest price already bid and now they're gonna see if anyone fancies going higher.

In any case, I'm not gonna be mad if they upgrade the WR position for obvious reasons. But I'm not gonna be mad if it's not a 2nd for Adams with a bunch of questions over his future.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727888959506.png

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I wonder if the answer to that one is based on the phone calls they've already made, that 2nd is the highest price already bid and now they're gonna see if anyone fancies going higher.

In any case, I'm not gonna be mad if they upgrade the WR position for obvious reasons. But I'm not gonna be mad if it's not a 2nd for Adams with a bunch of questions over his future.
The 2nd is based on Diggs plus teams will have to guarantee him some money on his next contract. Probably ends up a 3rd and 5th

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I have a feeling with how Fields is grading out, he's going to go sign a 1 year deal somewhere else for a better WR room and then cashes in. He's been pretty good. He has shown glimmers of his old self and the mistakes he was making.
doubt it. we will probably re-sign him. taking a 1-year deal on some other crap team is risky

Reactions: T1K

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
doubt it. we will probably re-sign him. taking a 1-year deal on some other crap team is risky
He literally had Mooney Moore and Pickens get 1000 yards as he wr 1. He is doing exactly what he did in Chicago the question is can he feed 3 pass catchers if needed weekly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad