OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Adams has 14m due this season. There's another two expensive years afterwards but he can be cut without consequence.
My expectation would be that he would be restructured. If the Steelers traded for him weeks ahead of the deadline someone would be going the other way to fit within the cap. It’s not very complicated from a cap standpoint.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
He also went to play for his “hometown team”. He grew up in the Bay Area as a Raiders fan.

The Raiders are starting the bidding at a high point. I would be shocked if any team gave them a 2nd+ for him especially without a contract restructure.

He will be 32 in December and his current contract makes him a pure rental.

Seams like a Cowboys type of move.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
His career average is for an 18 TD 14 INT season with a passer rating of 80. That's not a good QB. Any idea it's not startling that he's suddenly tearing this league a new one is just, well, startling in itself.

Did you steal that talking point from Ben Baldwin's twitter feed? :naughty:

I dunno. It's impossible to look at guys like Stroud and Daniels exploding in what were meant to be really hard situations and not feel something like this. But then I also find it impossible to look at Mahomes having less fun without Hill and with Kelce ageing out, or the way Smith/Darnold/Fields have blossomed on changing situations, and not think it can never just be the QB. Or the way it looks like Steichen was the prime mover behind Hurts looking like a franchise QB.

I also gotta say I find it easy to believe Kingsbury is actually capable of being a talented OC when not trying to do everything as a guy who was HC on his very first time in the NFL. Not some genius who's responsible for Daniels, but an active contributor.

I dunno man. Yeah, it's the single biggest part of the puzzle... but I feel like one guy can never be the situation.

I am now very curious though as to Washington's running game. Those are the numbers we wanted...

Is this just your daily wish that Fields be Brock Purdy with a slightly better arm instead projecting itself?

Sam Darnold is a huge talent who can look good for stretches. To be honest Minnesota upgraded at QB with him vs. that guy who threw the football like 25 times at Michigan

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is this just your daily wish that Fields be Brock Purdy with a slightly better arm instead projecting itself?

Sam Darnold is a huge talent who can look good for stretches. To be honest Minnesota upgraded at QB with him vs. that guy who threw the football like 25 times at Michigan

No, it is my daily wish that people would stop doing things implying it's completely natural and unsurprising that a guy who had played his way into being a bridge starter/premium backup should look utterly dominant after 4 games.

Although now you say it, given how Purdy is reproducing most of his numbers from last season despite virtually all of the 49ers firepower having spent time missing or reduced in firepower, then yeah, it'd be pretty sweet if Fields turned out to be Purdy with a better arm. Who wouldn't want that, unless you somehow have the Mahomes clone recipe somewhere?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No, it is my daily wish that people would stop doing things implying it's completely natural and unsurprising that a guy who had played his way into being a bridge starter/premium backup should look utterly dominant after 4 games.

Although now you say it, given how Purdy is reproducing most of his numbers from last season despite virtually all of the 49ers firepower having spent time missing or reduced in firepower, then yeah, it'd be pretty sweet if Fields turned out to be Purdy with a better arm. Who wouldn't want that, unless you somehow have the Mahomes clone recipe somewhere?

Hey, as long as you're not downplaying Fields' performance because you have a stylistic aversion to QBs that can run it's cool.

Let me know how you identify these 2000s style field generals given the state of college football today.

Reactions: T1K

Ad

Ad

Ad