GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Conner's stat line in Arizona is worse than what it was last year for the Steelers. He's just getting more touchdowns with Arizona.

Conner is averaging 3.9 yards per carry with Arizona and 63 total yards per game from rushing and receiving. Last year, Conner was at 4.3 yards per carry and 72 total yards per game from rushing and receiving.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Conner's stat line in Arizona is worse than what it was last year for the Steelers. He's just getting more touchdowns with Arizona.

Conner is averaging 3.9 yards per carry with Arizona and 63 total yards per game from rushing and receiving. Last year, Conner was at 4.3 yards per carry and 72 total yards per game from rushing and receiving.

He’s playing a different role than he did here though. For the most part, he’s their short yardage and goal line back. So I think his yards per carry is kind of skewed by the situations he’s put in.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Still.. I think 454 are still solid numbers a little past the halfway point for a guy who is a career complementary back and slotted as #2.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It is color rush night so the Steelers can't lose.

Right?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It is color rush night so the Steelers can't lose.

Right?

Tonight is the one they win handily. Detroit is the one they blow next week.

I dont know if facts will back this up in any way but we always (last 5 years or so) seem to be 5-3 or 6-2 coming of a big win in primetime before we muck up and finish 9-7 or 10-6

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Conner had the Willie Parker stat line. Many runs under 3 yards, many runs that lost yardage, a big smack to bring the stat back up. I don't hate James Conner like a lot of people did, but I do believe he tried to get too cute of a runner and he couldn't stay healthy. He needed to run like he did at Pitt, and he was doing a lot of dancing around in the backfield. His offensive line also had cracks in the foundation. Conner also wasn't a great pass catcher, which also kind of killed his effectiveness because we were super pass heavy. It was just a bad fit.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Conner had the Willie Parker stat line. Many runs under 3 yards, many runs that lost yardage, a big smack to bring the stat back up. I don't hate James Conner like a lot of people did, but I do believe he tried to get too cute of a runner and he couldn't stay healthy. He needed to run like he did at Pitt, and he was doing a lot of dancing around in the backfield. His offensive line also had cracks in the foundation. Conner also wasn't a great pass catcher, which also kind of killed his effectiveness because we were super pass heavy. It was just a bad fit.

Yes all of that made him just an average to below-average RB (edit: like the 20th best) in this league. I agree - too much dancing and not hitting holes hard enough. I think he was a better pass catcher than you describe though.

Still, we currently have 3 absolute non-entities at the position and he would have been better. He probably knew that he wasn't going to be Tomlin's bell cow, and maybe that motivated him to leave. But for $1.75M...you'd think we coulda added $.15 or $.2M and made him stay.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So far so good for the Steelers but I’m sure Minn thought it looked good for them too up two TDs on the Ravens…however the Bears look like they suck

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Ben is throwing a pretty nice ball tonight. A couple behind guys but most are on target and tight.

Reactions: Son Goku

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Fields should have just run out of bounds. He’s gonna get killed if he keeps doing that, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad