GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The defense is giving up 22 points a game. That was the first game they gave up over 30 in 40 regular season games.

They are quite prolific at giving up 40+ in the playoffs.

giphy.gif

Oh nos.. it’s snowing…

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Does he even play in the league anymore or did he just retire because he was too good for the NFL?

Actually, he's a free agent, but that's because nobody can afford the 50 million dollar cap hit his talent commands.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
The defense is giving up 22 points a game. That was the first game they gave up over 30 in 40 regular season games.

and in this game they gave up 41 points and yet you tried posting how they gave the offense short fields in the 4th qr like they did a great job.
did you notice they gave the chargers offense short fields all game long?

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Does he even play in the league anymore or did he just retire because he was too good for the NFL?

i think he's a back up somewhere. in fact I think he became a permanent back up during the following year after his HOF performance in the playoffs vs. tomlin's defense

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
and in this game they gave up 41 points and yet you tried posting how they gave the offense short fields in the 4th qr like they did a great job.

I noticed they gave up a 3 play game winning TD drive with less than 3 minutes left.

i think he's a back up somewhere. in fact I think he became a permanent back up during the following year after his HOF performance in the playoffs vs. tomlin's defense

Wasn’t there a coach who lost in the playoffs to a QB who was even worse than Bortles?

The QB was out of football a couple yrs later and even tried to come back as a TE!

Can’t remember the coach or QB… but imagine how embarrassing that would be? Losing a playoff game to a QB/TE.

Last edited:
Reactions: lastcupever75

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Yes cause the offense didn’t do anything to help them. You know the defense is out multiple starters and has guys they signed a week ago playing. You need your franchise QB the guy who you brought back because he gives you the best chance to win a championship to sustain drives get the ball in the end zone. Instead the offense was able to muster 10 points in 3 QTs. The defense needed the offense and it failed. Ben had over 2 minutes with the ball in his hands to win the game and he failed to get any yards

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yes cause the offense didn’t do anything to help them. You know the defense is out multiple starters and has guys they signed a week ago playing. You need your franchise QB the guy who you brought back because he gives you the best chance to win a championship to sustain drives get the ball in the end zone. Instead the offense was able to muster 10 points in 3 QTs. The defense needed the offense and it failed. Ben had over 2 minutes with the ball in his hands to win the game and he failed to get any yards

You can’t blame Ben for this one. It was his best game of the year. Blame Canada for his terrible play calling. A jet sweep, fade to a guy who struggles with combat catches, and a shovel pass is…not a great series of plays.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

He did get the ball in the end zone - 3 TD passes - zero turnovers.

He has one of the worst OC in the league as well - dude is so bad that he can’t help himself from laughing at the sideline about his calls.

Roth is not the one who let up 41 points and a 51 yard TD after they took the lead.

That was Tomlin’s D.

This is his trademark.

Deal with that reality.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
He did get the ball in the end zone - 3 TD passes - zero turnovers.

He has one of the worst OC in the league as well - dude is so bad that he can’t help himself from laughing at the sideline about his calls.

Roth is not the one who let up 41 points and a 51 yard TD after they took the lead.

That was Tomlin’s D.

This is his trademark.

Deal with that reality.

I feel like there are relatives of certain people who frequent this board. When you call out their brethren, there's so much defensiveness

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009

lol. your boy mason who you were touting all year scored 9 points through 3 quarters vs. cleveland last year and you were all gung ho with him. at least until the last game you were. Where were you last week after his performance? I saw on the scout bord you moved on pretty quickly from him

the offense has 4 rookies starting on it. 2 on the OL that make any play an adventure the way they get beat.
when there was help available like AV or jason peters that could have solidified the LT position this year.
tomlin chose to double and triple down with ingram, schobert, and witherspoon. jason peters signed a 1 year contract for 1.5 M. that's less then two of them (not sure about witherspoon)

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Based on my own conversations in here - gonna go with a bunch.

See I think there’s a decent sized group here who think it’s time to move on from Tomlin but don’t think literally everything is his fault. And then there’s a very small group who thinks he does no wrong. And I’m not saying you, but some people have a tough time differentiating between the two.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
lol. your boy mason who you were touting all year scored 9 points through 3 quarters vs. cleveland last year and you were all gung ho with him. at least until the last game you were. Where were you last week after his performance? I saw on the scout bord you moved on pretty quickly from him

the offense has 4 rookies starting on it. 2 on the OL that make any play an adventure the way they get beat.
when there was help available like AV or jason peters that could have solidified the LT position this year.
tomlin chose to double and triple down with ingram, schobert, and witherspoon. jason peters signed a 1 year contract for 1.5 M. that's less then two of them (not sure about witherspoon)
I thought Colbert was the gm he builds the team. Av is garbage and peters is never healthy. Mason performance was no different than Bens against Cincinnati Vegas Cleveland this season. He gave the team a chance to win.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I thought Colbert was the gm he builds the team. Av is garbage and peters is never healthy. Mason performance was no different than Bens against Cincinnati Vegas Cleveland this season. He gave the team a chance to win.

It wasn't great but he wasn't that terrible either. Especially in the conditions.

In the end Ben's performance Sunday night is being drastically oversold based on scoring on 2 short fields. And the bail-out on Claypool's pass interference on 4th and Goal from the 5. Still it was better. Guess COVID didn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad