GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
See I think there’s a decent sized group here who think it’s time to move on from Tomlin but don’t think literally everything is his fault. And then there’s a very small group who thinks he does no wrong. And I’m not saying you, but some people have a tough time differentiating between the two.

I'm in the Steelers should have moved on from Tomlin after the Jaguars playoff loss but I'm a realist and know that the organization will not do that and that obviously not everything is his fault.

And complaining incessantly about him is not healthy.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He did get the ball in the end zone - 3 TD passes - zero turnovers.

He has one of the worst OC in the league as well - dude is so bad that he can’t help himself from laughing at the sideline about his calls.

Roth is not the one who let up 41 points and a 51 yard TD after they took the lead.

That was Tomlin’s D.

This is his trademark.

Deal with that reality.
Any OC would be limited by an immobile 39 year old who doesn’t trust his arm to throw it deep. He doesn’t get under center he isn’t an threat to keep the ball on RPo or QB draws.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

The Steelers should be all over this.

In my limited viewing of Lindsey (from having him in fantasy) he is a decent runner but not great catching the ball or in pass pro.

Then again, it can't be worse than our 3 headed backup monster of crap

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
In my limited viewing of Lindsey (from having him in fantasy) he is a decent runner but not great catching the ball or in pass pro.

Then again, it can't be worse than our 3 headed backup monster of crap

Yeah all over it was probably an exaggeration. Snell at least has some special teams value but Ballage is just a body. Lindsay would at least bring a little speed.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
See I think there’s a decent sized group here who think it’s time to move on from Tomlin but don’t think literally everything is his fault. And then there’s a very small group who thinks he does no wrong. And I’m not saying you, but some people have a tough time differentiating between the two.
I fall into the category that has wanted him gone for years but doesn’t think everything is his fault. Dude sucks but he’s still an average to slightly above average coach relatively speaking.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I think we could go on and on about what groups there are and such, but I’m pretty direct about what I see Tomlin as these days.

Over the last few years I’ve seen a long list of Tomlin deniers on here and I know exactly who they are.

There are way more than you think. They are just being quiet now because of the obvious.

Any OC would be limited by an immobile 39 year old who doesn’t trust his arm to throw it deep. He doesn’t get under center he isn’t an threat to keep the ball on RPo or QB draws.

How did the offense open up with a young Rudolph?

Doh…

This team would have about 2 wins max without Roth.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I think we could go on and on about what groups there are and such, but I’m pretty direct about what I see Tomlin as these days.

Over the last few years I’ve seen a long list of Tomlin deniers on here and I know exactly who they are.

There are way more than you think. They are just being quiet now because of the obvious.

Doh…

It is funny that Bens best game of the season was using the plan they built for Mason. They didn’t have many slants more deep shots.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Doh…

Average QB play they would be in first place of the division. Average QB play they beat vegas and Cincinnati and Green Bay

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It is funny that Bens best game of the season was using the plan they built for Mason. They didn’t have many slants more deep shots.

Ya… it’s that master gameplan by the prodigy Canada driving the bus.

It only took him 15 consecutive plays from inside the 10 starting in Det - SD to finally score a TD… and it took a pass interference call to finally stop the streak.

Average QB play they would be in first place of the division. Average QB play they beat vegas and Cincinnati and Green Bay

It takes more than avg QB play to overcome such incompetent coaching from Tomlin down to his lackeys.

We saw what happens when Roth isn’t in there to save Tomlin’s ass - possibly the worst football game played in the modern era.

Last edited:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Ben’s passing stats are nearly identical to Lamar Jackson, except Ben has 1/2 the interceptions. He’s playing fine all things considered. It’s the offensive game plan and defensive collapses that are costing the team this season, not him.

He’s washed as hell and still managing to take care of the ball and make some nice throws when needed.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
I thought Colbert was the gm he builds the team. Av is garbage and peters is never healthy. Mason performance was no different than Bens against Cincinnati Vegas Cleveland this season. He gave the team a chance to win.

do you really think a coach doesn't have any say in roster construction? especially someone here as long as tomlin has been?
everyone (except maybe you) knows the defense is his baby. many media members have alluded to it

as bad as you say AV and peters are, they're better then moore for this year. they had the chance to let moore learn behind them at a fairly cheap price, instead they signed a back up OLB and added 2 more pieces to the defense.

lastly, enough of this mason was just as good as ben has been in some games this year. this version of Ben isn't good enough to win any titles, even his biggest fans admit that.
saying mason is at Ben's level this year is saying his level of play also isn't going to win any titles.
ben is (almost) done. mason is in his prime
I'm not the only one who see MR lollipop just about every ball he throws.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Rudolph has absolutely no drive on his throws. He throws like a QB that came from the Big 12 where WRs are open by 7 yards and he can just lollipop it in there.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Tyler Linderbaum appears to be dropping a bit down into the 1st round. If we were able to land him we could move Green to LG and Dotson to his preferred RG. We would still need tackles, but maybe that would be something we can spend the free agency money on. Getting that interior line sured up would go a long way in at least helping the run game.

Reactions: Solution

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Ben’s passing stats are nearly identical to Lamar Jackson, except Ben has 1/2 the interceptions. He’s playing fine all things considered. It’s the offensive game plan and defensive collapses that are costing the team this season, not him.

He’s washed as hell and still managing to take care of the ball and make some nice throws when needed.
You can't compare a pocket passer to Lamar Jackson. LJ rushes for 100 yards per game on top of his passing stats

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You can't compare a pocket passer to Lamar Jackson. LJ rushes for 100 yards per game on top of his passing stats

But, but, he's gonna blow out his knee!

I'm not rooting for it, I'm just saying that it has to happen for my theories of mobile = bad to be right. :laugh:

/s

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I understand that, I’m just referencing the passing. His carries also take away from the HBs on his team, while Najee handles the running. So it’s still similar passing attempts. That’s all I’m getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad