OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Also, and I doubt I'm the first one, but a huge shout out to Beanie Bishop because without that first interception I think they lose the game and this is a wildly different thread.

Fully agree. You can make an easy case that Beanie is the MVP of last night's game.
Steelers were in a dogfight and losing the game. Beanie picks that pass and takes it to the 1 yard line

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Can't remember the last time we've had a top 5 point differential. Not saying we're a juggernaut but there's a lot of numbers that support the idea that this team is actually good.

1729550663159.png

I don't want to get ahead of myself because next week could be a classic trap game, but the Giants aren't a very good football team, especially offensively. 6-2 at the bye is a must.

Reactions: Andy99 and TNT87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can't remember the last time we've had a top 5 point differential. Not saying we're a juggernaut but there's a lot of numbers that support the idea that this team is actually good.

View attachment 919542

I don't want to get ahead of myself because next week could be a classic trap game, but the Giants aren't a very good football team, especially offensively. 6-2 at the bye is a must.

Honestly I can't see how it would be. Jones looks cooked and the Giants have no OL. The Steelers should absolutely be feasting on the Giants. The Steelers are absolutely guilty of playing down to bad teams, but the Giants OL is so horrendously bad right now that I can't even fathom a way they lose.

Jones was sacked 7 times by the Eagles last week and Lock was also sacked after getting in for some garbage time minutes. Thomas is an incredible LT but he's now injured, the Giants OL completely crumbled after he was out.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Honestly I can't see how it would be. Jones looks cooked and the Giants have no OL. The Steelers should absolutely be feasting on the Giants. The Steelers are absolutely guilty of playing down to bad teams, but the Giants OL is so horrendously bad right now that I can't even fathom a way they lose.

Jones was sacked 7 times by the Eagles last week and Lock was also sacked after getting in for some garbage time minutes. Thomas is an incredible LT but he's now injured, the Giants OL completely crumbled after he was out.

I am bookmarking this for when your foul magic does its wicked work.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

I mean yeah, it's a game we should fully expect to win - the early line has us as 5.5 point favorites. Something like a 75% implied win probability based on the odds. If we are a good team we should handle the Giants easily, but I don't think think they've earned that trust just quite yet.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I mean yeah, it's a game we should fully expect to win - the early line has us as 5.5 point favorites. Something like a 75% implied win probability based on the odds. If we are a good team we should handle the Giants easily, but I don't think think they've earned that trust just quite yet.
There are no sure things, but the Steelers have won 21 straight home MNF games - last lost in 1991 to the Giants, coincidentally. Would seem an unlikely way for the streak to end.

Reactions: WickedWrister

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Remember last year when the Steelers lost consecutive games at home to the Pats and Cardinals?

Pepperidge Farm does...

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Brian Branch is really good. Not sure we made the right pick there and Porter has been really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad