OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Maybe I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, I'm actually convinced Brian Flores should be the head coach of this team. I understand his stint in Miami didn't work out but I think you take what you learn from one job and make adjustments with the next one.

He's done more in one week than Coach Clown did as D coordinator in Minnesota.

Just really tired of this Rooney-Tomlin marriage.
I’m not getting into the non sport part of it but Flores absolutely was great for Miami. Surprised Tomlin hired a guy smarter than he is.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think you need to see how the D holds up midway through the season before throwing a parade for Flores. Either way, the Tomlin-Rooney marriage needs to end ASAP.

First I am great full Minka signed off on Flores but they did something similar last year against Buffalo let’s wait

I agree, im not one to react after one week. 2 years ago when the team was 11-0, Myself @Mr Jiggyfly and I believe @Pens x were the only 3 throwing shade because....we knew where it was going with Clown.... I don't think we thought they set records in a negative way but....YEAH

I also follow Tampa since I live an hour and a half away from there but its amazing when you move from Arians (and I liked Arians) but moving to a more defensive oriented coach like Bowels seemed to inject a new optimism and you can see the team is relying on the D more, it looked cleaner vs Dallas. But that's my point, a new coach can bring much positive energy.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
11-0, Myself @Mr Jiggyfly and I believe @Pens x were the only 3 throwing shade
1663102890069.png

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Also @Mr Jiggyfly made a great point. The Steelers, if Cincinnati actually could kick the XP, would have been the only team in NFL history to lose a game after having 5 turnovers.

@Gold Diamond is right, the guy is charmed. I was infuriated when Clown ran to mid field after the game and "woooo'd"...... Clown is a fake, he knows it I can't stand it.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Also @Mr Jiggyfly made a great point. The Steelers, if Cincinnati actually could kick the XP, would have been the only team in NFL history to lose a game after having 5 turnovers.

@Gold Diamond is right, the guy is charmed. I was infuriated when Clown ran to mid field after the game and "woooo'd"...... Clown is a fake, he knows it I can't stand it.

I think it would have been the first time in a decade , but ya point still stands - would have been embarrassing, but a Tomlin thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I feel like Pens X is the kind of guy that would complain he didn’t live in Canada if he won the lottery.

I think it would have been the first time in a decade , but ya point still stands - would have been embarrassing, but a Tomlin thing to do.

It's just awful following this.. Why do Pittsburgh fans (I mean we!!) put up with this? I'm originally from Eastern PA (Philly area) but as a kid grew up black and gold unlike my friends who hated me for it.

I know from this side of PA Tomlin would never make it out of Philly alive...

Do you guys drink different water or something? Wtf?

Maybe that's why some of you hate me since im passionate East PA way, loyal and unforgiving.

Sullivan is also hated with some of you a-holes. In Philly....ask any Philly fan if they wish Sully coached Philly. I'm sure they rather that than Torts.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's just awful following this.. Why do Pittsburgh fans (I mean we!!) put up with this? I'm originally from Eastern PA (Philly area) but as a kid grew up black and gold unlike my friends who hated me for it.

Maybe that's why some of you hate me since im passionate East PA way, loyal and unforgiving.

Sullivan is also hated with some of you a-holes. In Philly....ask any Philly fan if they wish Sully coached Philly. I'm sure they rather that than Torts.

So wait, Tomlin would be eaten alive in Philly but Sullivan would be loved?

I mean, there's the obvious reason for the difference but beyond that...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So wait, Tomlin would be eaten alive in Philly but Sullivan would be loved?

I mean, there's the obvious reason for the difference but beyond that...

In Philly loyalty is a trait and yes, but I think if Sully was in Philly he would be more appreciated in the here and now. Not that means much because they booed both Hextall and Tocchett for being in Pittsburgh years later.

If Reid couldn't make it 15 years, you actually think Tomlin would last as long in the Philadelphia Daily news???

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
In Philly loyalty is a trait and yes, but I think if Sully was in Philly he would be more appreciated in the here and now. Not that means much because they booed both Hextall and Tocchett for being in Pittsburgh years later.

If Reid couldn't make it 15 years, you actually think Tomlin would last as long in the Philadelphia Daily news???

I don't particularly care about Tomlin one way or another.

But if you think Philly would celebrate a series of 1st round TKOs you'd be totally wrong.

Again, and I know you're responding to Jiggly who has the misfortune of being himself, but all you're doing is basically calling everyone who doesn't agree with the exact composition of your ideas an idiot/yinzer. This is cheap. Argue on the merits. You don't like Tomlin, kay fine. Cool. Half the time I'm with you. The "clown" stuff is ridiculous and really some middle school playground especially if you're gonna pile on about people's relative maturity.

Reactions: ElK15

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

But if you think Philly would celebrate a series of 1st round TKOs you'd be totally wrong.

Again, and I know you're responding to Jiggly who has the misfortune of being himself, but all you're doing is basically calling everyone who doesn't agree with the exact composition of your ideas an idiot/yinzer. This is cheap. Argue on the merits. You don't like Tomlin, kay fine. Cool. Half the time I'm with you. The "clown" stuff is ridiculous and really some middle school playground especially if you're gonna pile on about people's relative maturity.

You do you man. You disagree with me over the years, fine It's not personal

Both my parents are from Philly so I have a long line of immaturity.. It is what it is.. I'm sorry can't help where I come from....At least I add color, still.bleed black and gold

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ChaosAgent

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Question that I am too lazy to look up: have the Steelers ever fired a coordinator mid -season?

What do people think will happen first:
1. Trubisky will be benched due to his play
2. Trubisky will be out due to the play of the offensive line (injury)
3. Canada will be fired
4. None of the above; the Steelers don’t like change, even when results are embarrassing

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

The fans really have nothing to do with Tomlin’s tenure - it’s all about him working for the Rooneys.

Nothing we do would sway Rooney aside from not giving him money, but let’s be realistic about that…

You do you man. You disagree with me over the years, fine It's not personal

Both my parents are from Philly so I have a long line of immaturity.. It is what it is.. I'm sorry can't help where I come from....At least I add color, still.bleed black and gold

Don’t fall into the trap with the attention seeker. Literally calls others names all the time like a child, then has the stones to lecture you… the irony is pretty sad.

Dude isn’t worth it.

I doubt anyone hates you - if they do who gives a shit, just randoms on a msg board boss.

And Yinzers turn on their own all the time and become hateful - so that attitude isn’t just reserved for Philly.

Question that I am too lazy to look up: have the Steelers ever fired a coordinator mid -season?

3. Canada will be fired
4. None of the above; the Steelers don’t like change, even when results are embarrassing

If we see another 7-8 games similar to the last 19 on offense, I can’t imagine Canada stays around the whole season.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Night Shift

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Steelers won't bench Trubisky until they start losing and Trubisky plays himself out of the role. It took Rudolph a horrendous game against the 3-6 Browns and a horrendous half against the 0-10 Bengals for him to get pulled for Duck Man in 2019, and I guarantee you Trubisky has a longer leash than Rudolph had.

Rudolph went 4-3 while averaging like 200 yards per game, 1.5 TD per game and 0.5 interceptions per game. He then had those two horrendous appearances that got him replaced by Hodges. So think that but worse, considering Trubisky is way more proven.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

3. Canada will be fired
The Steelers will succumb to the yinzer pressure and bench Trubisky first.

Also, it seems that the Steelers rarely fire coaches under contract; they simply do not re-sign them.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This is the same organization that was willing to sit Ben all season behind Maddox and batch I don’t think they will summit to any pressure.
Colbert himself said they needed 3 years to get players for Canada offense and it was fine on Sunday. He schemed Wr open they had multiple plays off the jet sweeps motion that would have worked if Mitch wasn’t so inaccurate and throwing off his back foot. Mitch 190 yards 1 td was the same as Ben week 1 against Buffalo last year as long as he isn’t turning it over he is the guy until the bye

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Steelers won't bench Trubisky until they start losing and Trubisky plays himself out of the role. It took Rudolph a horrendous game against the 3-6 Browns and a horrendous half against the 0-10 Bengals for him to get pulled for Duck Man in 2019, and I guarantee you Trubisky has a longer leash than Rudolph had.

Rudolph went 4-3 while averaging like 200 yards per game, 1.5 TD per game and 0.5 interceptions per game. He then had those two horrendous appearances that got him replaced by Hodges. So think that but worse, considering Trubisky is way more proven.

Tomlin was already down his starter though, and on his second string QB that the org had praised as a first round talent. MR was basically considered a young promising prospect at the time, so his leash was pretty long given that status and Tomlin's understandable fear of playing his undrafted third string rookie Qb.

Going from MT to KP/MR is likely a lateral type move, whereas going from MR to your weak armed third string QB almost meant surrendering his season.

I think the fear of playing Duck man was way higher than the prospects of playing MR/KP.

I think it will all come down to a losing streak or not... ie losing 3+ in a row with mediocre performances from MT would prompt a change. Or having that 2-4 record after the first 6 that I initially felt could seal his fate.

He would basically have to go 1-4 now, and that would defitnely get him benched.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
And the Bengals offense still put up more points than the Steelers - so bagging on their performance makes the Steelers O look worse.
How does it make our offense worse it took Joe and company to then end of the regulation almost to get to 20 so it was 13 points for the afc champions which is what our offense scored. 20 points is also the total they scored in the super bowl. We were 7 point underdogs we were supposed to lose

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
How does it make our offense worse it took Joe and company to then end of the regulation almost to get to 20 so it was 13 points for the afc champions which is what our offense scored. 20 points is also the total they scored in the super bowl. We were 7 point underdogs we were supposed to lose

They scored 20 and the Steelers O scored 16.

20 > 16.

You don’t subtract points because they were “almost to the end of regulation”.

Doesn’t work that way.

If both defenses are strong, which they seem to be, and you claim the offense that scored more points is badly run… what does that say about the one that scored less?

For reference I’m talking about the O that had like, 56 yards in 3+4 Q combined.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They scored 20 and the Steelers O scored 16.

20 > 16.

You don’t subtract points because they were “almost to the end of regulation”.

Doesn’t work that way.

If both defenses are strong, which they seem to be, and you claim the offense that scored more points is badly run… what does that say about the one that scored less?

For reference I’m talking about the O that had like, 56 yards in 3+4 Q combined.
We were supposed to be bad we have the worst Qb in the division pre Watson suspension but had open Wr all over the place. Our defense played in cover 2 all day and made the afc champions look like a jv squad.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We were supposed to be bad we have the worst Qb in the division pre Watson suspension but had open Wr all over the place. Our defense played in cover 2 all day and made the afc champions look like a jv squad.
We did not have receivers open all day. This is false. My dad called me to say "why do we never have anyone open?" He has no such board grudge/axe to pick.

Matt Canada is the Peter principal to a T. Guy fails upward again and again in his career. I get defending Tomlin but Canada absolutely sucks as an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad