OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yeah getting multiple opinions could go either way.

Either the first opinion was that he needed surgery and the second/third opinions are to try to avoid that option, or the first opinion was that he could just rehab the injury and the second/third opinions are to make sure that wouldn’t cause any long term complications.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Yeah no way they survive October without him. If he is back after the bye and we are 5/3 I will be happy.
Allen and Lamar have the rules on how we attack them we blitz from the right to force them left and hit them every time
You may ultimately be right simply because TJ is that much of a difference maker, but this is still a very good defense without him. And if Highsmith has taken his game to another level it will lessen the blow to *some* degree. I feel that it's the offense (line, coordinator, qb) that'll be a bigger determiner to winning games at this point.

Reactions: td_ice and Peat

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
You may ultimately be right simply because TJ is that much of a difference maker, but this is still a very good defense without him. And if Highsmith has taken his game to another level it will lessen the blow to *some* degree. I feel that it's the offense (line, coordinator, qb) that'll be a bigger determiner to winning games at this point.

Who takes his place?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The issue isn’t even confined to how well Highsmith is doing as what happens then behind Highsmith.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
On the scale of 1-10, how deluded am I think to think that a first outing with a new QB and two new OL was always going to leave meat on the bone attack wise and that we should be expecting them to get at least a little better?

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
On the scale of 1-10, how deluded am I think to think that a first outing with a new QB and two new OL was always going to leave meat on the bone attack wise and that we should be expecting them to get at least a little better?

I think Trubisky and MC are idiots relative to their peers at the positions they occupy, but it should be clear to just about anyone that they MUST get Trubisky in motion and they MUST throw downfield (ideally on the same play). This offense will not succeed on a conservative script. Just doesn't have the talent at QB/OL/OC for that. We need more backyard football.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Trubisky and MC are idiots relative to their peers at the positions they occupy, but it should be clear to just about anyone that they MUST get Trubisky in motion and they MUST throw downfield (ideally on the same play). This offense will not succeed on a conservative script. Just doesn't have the talent at QB/OL/OC for that. We need more backyard football.

So you're saying I'm at 11 for deluded :laugh:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Except they did call passes down field Mitch attempted more passes of 20 yards than Allen and Stafford he just didn’t hit anything outside of the OT DJ amazing catch. MItch isn’t a great deep ball thrower.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Except they did call passes down field Mitch attempted more passes of 20 yards than Allen and Stafford he just didn’t hit anything outside of the OT DJ amazing catch. MItch isn’t a great deep ball thrower.

Nah bro. Hold the ball, scramble around, and extend the play opening up the deep route and stuff underneath.

Not this just "immediately throw a go route to any receiver you think has single coverage" stuff.

There's a difference. And also we barely throw intermediate at all. As usual.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Nah bro. Hold the ball, scramble around, and extend the play opening up the deep route and stuff underneath.

Not this just "immediately throw a go route to any receiver you think has single coverage" stuff.

True, but for the love of God let Claypool & Pickens high-point a ball or two. Think of it as "heave & pray" with better odds if that helps.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

That’s not what Mitch does best. What he does well was on display with in OT when he saw the guy jump outside rolls out and hits Muth or Muth on the flea flicker. He is Alex smith who has to live in tje 20 and under pass club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad