OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
That’s not what Mitch does best. What he does well was on display with in OT when he saw the guy jump outside rolls out and hits Muth or Muth on the flea flicker. He is Alex smith who has to live in tje 20 and under pass club.
The Muth play is exactly what I'm talking about. A 20-25 yard pass because he extended the play. For the Steelers, "deep" is practically past the chains. All I'm asking for.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The Muth play is exactly what I'm talking about. A 20-25 yard pass because he extended the play. For the Steelers, "deep" is practically past the chains. All I'm asking for.
Then we need to see him play more fast paced so he doesn’t have to think more no huddle

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If he doesn't get surgery he will still not be 100% this season and it will probably limit his effectiveness.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If he doesn't get surgery he will still not be 100% this season and it will probably limit his effectiveness.
If it’s a partial tear not from the bone, then it should heal on its own after six weeks and he should be fine…surgery only need to sew muscle or tendon back to the bone…

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Seattle needs to at least trash the pants. The all neon green looks bad. Throw on the Blue pants, slightly better
I kind of like those unis. Denver with two fumbles inside the one. Good for Geno Smith, I guess. Glad to see another NFL head coach/son of former NFL coach go down.

Reactions: Pens x

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Well well well

Remember all the talk the last couple years of Ben always in shot gun because he was insisting on running the offense his way.

The first 7 plays yesterday were all out of the shotgun.
Up until muth taking that pass inside the 3 do they go under center.

1st half # s
14 plays in shot gun.
7 plays qb under center with 4 of them from inside cincy’s 3 yard line

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Well well well

Remember all the talk the last couple years of Ben always in shot gun because he was insisting on running the offense his way.

The first 7 plays yesterday were all out of the shotgun.
Up until muth taking that pass inside the 3 do they go under center.

1st half # s
14 plays in shot gun.
7 plays qb under center with 4 of them from inside cincy’s 3 yard line
It wasn’t the always out of shotgun that bothered people tons of teams operate out of it or pistol. It was the fact that under Fitchner you knew Ben was throwing it 70 percent of the times and only on 1st down would they call running plays

RPo is all the rage

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The successful teams these days are the ones that can run and pass from the same formations…we just tip so many teams off as to what we’re doing, that and the fact that we don’t throw deep successfully means teams can put a lot of their personnel within 10 yards of the LOS, making it difficult for us to run…which then means play action won’t be successful, which then leaves the shotgun as the easiest formation to pass from…everything feeds from the first two problems…and the root of those problems come from terrible coaching lol…just fire Canada and Tomlin already and we’ll have a much better offense lol

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
It wasn’t the always out of shotgun that bothered people tons of teams operate out of it or pistol. It was the fact that under Fitchner you knew Ben was throwing it 70 percent of the times and only on 1st down would they call running plays

RPo is all the rage
You’re wrong. Plenty of those idiots on the scout board were happy when they thought ben gone would mean more snaps under center.

Besides We had 38 pass attempts pts from Mitch and 19 runs called ( Mitch ran 3 more times)
Take a guess at what we mostly did when in shotgun or under center

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Total for the game.
Give or take a couple as some plays seem to be missing on the condensed version of the game on nfl.Com plus

Shotgun - 44
Under center - 17

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dude no one is absolving Ben of blame.

Ben basically was injured/sucked his last 3 years aside from the gimmick offense that was figured out in December 2020. Only effective when trailing by like 3 TDs.

Everyone knows that the QB, OL and OC are the 3 weak points and have been for years. The QB is going to still be a bottom 10 guy in the NFL.

Reactions: Peat

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Dude no one is absolving Ben of blame.

Ben basically was injured/sucked his last 3 years aside from the gimmick offense that was figured out in December 2020. Only effective when trailing by like 3 TDs.

Everyone knows that the QB, OL and OC are the 3 weak points and have been for years. The QB is going to still be a bottom 10 guy in the NFL.
They need to run Trubisky a lot more. The beauty is if he gets roughed up we get some Pickett action.

It's a win-win cause he ain't effective as a pocket passer.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Maybe I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, I'm actually convinced Brian Flores should be the head coach of this team. I understand his stint in Miami didn't work out but I think you take what you learn from one job and make adjustments with the next one.

He's done more in one week than Coach Clown did as D coordinator in Minnesota.

Just really tired of this Rooney-Tomlin marriage.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, I'm actually convinced Brian Flores should be the head coach of this team. I understand his stint in Miami didn't work out but I think you take what you learn from one job and make adjustments with the next one.

I think you need to see how the D holds up midway through the season before throwing a parade for Flores. Either way, the Tomlin-Rooney marriage needs to end ASAP.

Reactions: Night Shift

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

First I am great full Minka signed off on Flores but they did something similar last year against Buffalo let’s wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad