OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I can’t wait until Tomlin has a losing season lol, but unfortunately I don’t see it this year…they’re gonna win out aren’t they? Ravens have already clinched playoffs and may not care Sunday and the Browns look just as bad as the Steelers lol
They won't win either game

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can’t wait until Tomlin has a losing season lol, but unfortunately I don’t see it this year…they’re gonna win out aren’t they? Ravens have already clinched playoffs and may not care Sunday and the Browns look just as bad as the Steelers lol

Both teams are bad, but at least one didn’t ransom their future for a guy with one playoff win and 50 lawsuits agt him.

I’ve already accepted they will pick 14-18 so whatever. Bears will give them almost a late first rounder, so they can always jump up into the top ten if they really want a guy.

Reactions: Andy99

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The ravens are still trying to win the division and host a 1st round playoff game though being the 5th seed playing Jacksonville if the chargers lose.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I’d personally prefer watch them continue to try and win games than to tank, but I recognize that’s a minority opinion. They have a lot of needs so they’ll be able to get a good player around 15 and another in the early 30’s. They aren’t THAT far away provided they get a real OC and if Pickett is passable - Watt coming back to form, add along the lines in draft and free agency, and add another weapon or two on the outside. But Canada has to go and Pickett has to not bust - those are bigger than anyone they would draft.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I’d personally prefer watch them continue to try and win games than to tank, but I recognize that’s a minority opinion. They have a lot of needs so they’ll be able to get a good player around 15 and another in the early 30’s. They aren’t THAT far away provided they get a real OC and if Pickett is passable - Watt coming back to form, add along the lines in draft and free agency, and add another weapon or two on the outside. But Canada has to go and Pickett has to not bust - those are bigger than anyone they would draft.
That’s the rub Canada isn’t going anywhere if they finish 9-8. The young offense will be kept together. They might hire an Qb coach to develop KP

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
That’s the rub Canada isn’t going anywhere if they finish 9-8. The young offense will be kept together. They might hire an Qb coach to develop KP
I don’t think going 9-8 versus 8-9 or 7-10 will make the difference. They forced Fichtner out after 13-3. It’s just a question of whether they pull the trigger - losing to the Ravens this week isn’t going to determine that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

KP putting together a masterful game winning drive like last night and learning how to win in this league, is more important to this franchise than anything they do in the draft.

I think he’s 3-0 since the bye. Going 5-0 to end the season would be great for his confidence heading into next season.

Again, they can always use their original second to move into the top ten if they want. Then still have the second or third pick in round 2.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t think going 9-8 versus 8-9 or 7-10 will make the difference. They forced Fichtner out after 13-3. It’s just a question of whether they pull the trigger - losing to the Ravens this week isn’t going to determine that.
They forced Fitchner out to force ben to retire. Claypool said they were running Fitchner stuff last year. They are going to blame the earlier season struggles on the execution of the league’s youngest offense. The improvement since the bye plus KP not throwing interceptions will be used to bring him back. Warner and Mauich were praising his game plan last night.
The next step is KP learning what nfl open is and driving the ball or throwing with better anticipation. They are slowly adding the rpo and Qb waggle which they couldn’t earlier cause the o line wouldn’t stop going down field.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Baltimores defense is really good. I see the game going the way of the first game. Baltimore will score just enough to win.

And I think the Steelers beat Cleveland. Just feels like the kind of game the Steelers will win. Not that it will really matter from a draft position perspective. Even if they lose thier SoS will place them basically at the bottom of any tiebreaker.

As Jiggy stated, 14-18 is where they will end up. The schedules and records of the teams around them seems to point to them picking 16th. Detroit and Washington pick below them.

Reactions: Andy99

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
With how well Bmore talked about GP I hope he gets more one one chances. This os going to be the 1st week we see 2 td passes from a Qb

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If the Steelers' own picks end up at the exact middle of the round, their picks combined (16 and 47, due to Miami forfeiting their 1st) can move up from 16 to 8. If they really wanted to make sure they could get one of the LT in the draft, they can easily do that. If they take their 1st and 3rd, they can move up from 16 to 12.

I think they can probably get one of the LT at pick 12, so I'd be trying to dangle their 1st and 3rd to move up. Maybe you can throw in a future 3rd as well to move up to 10. Either way, having essentially another late 1st from Chicago this year really gives them a lot of flexibility.

I'd want to do picks 16, 79 and a 2024 3rd for pick 10 and then take an OT at pick 10, a CB at pick 34 and a DL at pick 47. If they end up with a pick higher than 16, it just gives them even more flexibility to make those picks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The ravens are still trying to win the division and host a 1st round playoff game though being the 5th seed playing Jacksonville if the chargers lose.
Kind of like the Penguins, I don’t think seeding matters all that much to the Ravens. They win on the road. Also Bengals own tiebreaker so they’d have to lose both games for Ravens to get the division

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'd want to do picks 16, 79 and a 2024 3rd for pick 10 and then take an OT at pick 10, a CB at pick 34 and a DL at pick 47. If they end up with a pick higher than 16, it just gives them even more flexibility to make those picks.

I think that is too much to move up 6 spots. One 3rd should be enough. or maybe add on a 5th or summat. But two 3rds is way overpayment to move from 16th to 10th.

Kind of like the Penguins, I don’t think seeding matters all that much to the Ravens. They win on the road. Also Bengals own tiebreaker so they’d have to lose both games for Ravens to get the division

The Ravens and Bengals play the final week of the season and as long as the Ravens beat the Steelers next week, they will play for the division. If the Ravens beat the Bengals, they will be tied in record but the Ravens will have beaten the Bengals in both games thus winning the tiebreaker.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The Bengals play the bills next Monday night and has an outside shot of home field and 1st round bye.
If your Bmore and your the 6th seed that means going to one of Kc Cincinnati or Buffalo. If the ravens don’t win then Hairball is 3 wins in 10 playoff years plus you have to pay Lamar

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If the Steelers' own picks end up at the exact middle of the round, their picks combined (16 and 47, due to Miami forfeiting their 1st) can move up from 16 to 8. If they really wanted to make sure they could get one of the LT in the draft, they can easily do that. If they take their 1st and 3rd, they can move up from 16 to 12.

I think they can probably get one of the LT at pick 12, so I'd be trying to dangle their 1st and 3rd to move up. Maybe you can throw in a future 3rd as well to move up to 10. Either way, having essentially another late 1st from Chicago this year really gives them a lot of flexibility.

Chicago being ass really gives the Steelers a lot of flexibility in the draft.

They have enough ammo to jump up and get almost any guy they want AND still pick likely at the top of the second.

They are set up quite well, just need to pick the right guys.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Both teams are bad, but at least one didn’t ransom their future for a guy with one playoff win and 50 lawsuits agt him.

I’ve already accepted they will pick 14-18 so whatever. Bears will give them almost a late first rounder, so they can always jump up into the top ten if they really want a guy.

After how the Steelers have reached and failed on first round picks focusing the past few years for the most part on a single position and often a single player do you really want them to pay to move up and reach again?

Their draft pick is as predictable as Canada's offense. You know months before who they will pick.

They have at least a half dozen ways that they could go and fill critical needs. No need at all to reach.

But you know that they will.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
After how the Steelers have reached and failed on first round picks focusing the past few years for the most part on a single position and often a single player do you really want them to pay to move up and reach again?

Their draft pick is as predictable as Canada's offense. You know months before who they will pick.

They have at least a half dozen ways that they could go and fill critical needs. No need at all to reach.

New GM

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

It worked out when they moved up for Polo and Holmes, so ya if they really like a guy go get him.

It’s a new regime as well, so I’m going to be optimistic until they prove otherwise.

If they can move up and get a guy in the top ten and also still pick say 33 or 34, I’ll gladly take that.

If they just use all their picks, cool to.

The point is even by winning their last two games, Chi has given them the draft capital to basically do whatever they wish within reason (Ie they likely won’t be jumping to a top five pick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad