OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Maxeymum Effort (22/23 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
They are all over the country and it is actually delicious. Dangerous though. Might eat too much :laugh:.
I’m still in shock of the Shake shack coming to Portland, let alone everywhere else. I used to go to the original cart in Madison park. I live in a bubble

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm very interested to see this narrative at play. Because Nurse was known as an offensive coach before he joined the Raptors. It's possible he's just adaptable to the roster given. There's only so much you can scheme for a bunch of not overly skilled big athletes.
Oh I agree. The Raps have had a very flawed roster the last few years with no real C, and a lack of back up guards...lol. But as a fan, we viewed it that Nurse should care MORE about helping that flawed lineup, score more pts in the halfcourt offense, with lack of movement and passing being a big issue. And with a younger type roster, we expected way more play calling from a coach who, as you say, entered the league with offense being his thing.

What he did do was instil a pressure defense to try and get turnovers and transition pts. But again, that comes from his defensive schemes. But that pressure defense also led to lots of running around and often wide open corner 3's which he knows is bad to give up, or real C's matched up 1 on q in the paint vs OG, Siakam, or Barnes which led to easy baskets.

It will be interesting to see what he does with a much better lineup, and a traditional one with obviously an MVP level guy. It will be interesting to see how you guys view how he coaches and how much he focuses on defense instead of offense. At least for you guys, you have guys who are gifted on that side of the ball.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought I read somewhere that Harden wanted to push the pace more but with Embiid, you can't do that.

Maybe I am wrong.

Nurse will get you guys to gamble for more steals knowing Embiid is back there to cover. Raps did it with no one to cover...lol.
Rivers basically calls him out here and says he basically refused to change his game to get more ball movement.....so yeah. Not sure Nurse is going to convince him either so not sure why we are even considering paying him especially since he is seeking more term...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Rivers basically calls him out here and says he basically refused to change his game to get more ball movement.....so yeah. Not sure Nurse is going to convince him either so not sure why we are even considering paying him especially since he is seeking more term...

There is an awful clip of FvV I wish I could find for you to see. Having to suffer this past year with his ball hogging ways was exhausting. At least Harden has skill.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The Knicks are a really tough salary match. And their pieces are...not ideal. But this is the NBA. You can go to 4 teams and still keep it realistic.

Say what you want about PG13, but when he's healthy he's still borderline elite. And a massive upgrade over the team's current starting SF.

I'm a PG guy. Always have been. :)

There was a point where people got carried away and had him top 5. That was more than a bit much.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Now THAT is a tweet. Jesus.

In all seriousness, Harden + Tobi for PG + RoCo + Morris does work. I think it works with Powell instead too.

I wouldn't mind RJ Barrett + Josh Hart from the Knicks either.

Edit: According to ESPN trade machine they can't trade Hart.

Barett is a negative asset to me. Check the contract.

What the Knicks do have is picks.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The more I think about the CBA machinations at work, this is going to be a super weird valuation. He can't sign an extension. I have absolutely no idea what he's worth.

I also have no idea why you'd put him next to Brunson. Every angle is odd. I didn't even consider the opt in to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad