The Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread (MOD Warning Post #1)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
On the pp Xgf/60 vs Tampa last year was 10.5
Xgf/60 this year in playoffs in under 8. The pp is worse this year . The difference is vasi/luck/ better finishing. Tkachuk helps with some of that. But I’m sick of the narrative that this team is playing playoff hockey is why we’re winning. How is playoff hockey leading to getting less chances, worse special teams, and allowing way more chances against at even strength and largely getting outplayed?

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I always believed you Maurice. You can stay through the playoffs. Maybe another year. That’s not a promise!

Reactions: Great8Cam

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Screenshot_20230513_090213_Messenger.jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
goaltending makes any coach look good or bad . We’ve had best goaltending this postseason so far imo
View attachment 708933

I don't think anyone argues that. But also goalies don't score and amazing goalie performances are wasted all the time.

Pretty sure Maurice recognized that Bob is on a roll and can outduel the Leaf pair and that was the right call. Don't see why he shouldn't get any credit for that.

Also if this is the argument to remove any credit to Maurice, then where was this when Bob was shitting the bed earlier this year to defend Maurice? Back then it was because our defense sucked and people turned themselves into pretzels trying to argue about how high danger isn't really high danger etc. but now that Bob has good numbers no credit to defense?

Bob has been great. Defense has been great. Both can be true.

Reactions: PSLguy

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bob has been great … after Lyon King was f***ing amazing.

I have St Louis vibes. Time to have another brew.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't think anyone argues that. But also goalies don't score and amazing goalie performances are wasted all the time.

Pretty sure Maurice recognized that Bob is on a roll and can outduel the Leaf pair and that was the right call. Don't see why he shouldn't get any credit for that.

Also if this is the argument to remove any credit to Maurice, then where was this when Bob was shitting the bed earlier this year to defend Maurice? Back then it was because our defense sucked and people turned themselves into pretzels trying to argue about how high danger isn't really high danger etc. but now that Bob has good numbers no credit to defense?

And part of the reason Bob has been a story is because PoMo masterfully handled it.

Inserting him in a 3-0 game even though Lyon was playing fine isnt talked about enough.

Reactions: pantherbot

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Weren’t you the first Man to despise the guy ? :P

That nearly sounds like praise ! lol
Me? No not at all

If anything I was defending him to start the season praising how the team analytics looked and I was on the "blame the goalies train."

In fact. I have this photo of him from the beginning of the season (I swear my wife is going to think I'm gay for pomo)

Screenshot_20221106-182139_Chrome.jpg

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Me? No not at all

If anything I was defending him to start the season praising how the team analytics looked and I was on the "blame the goalies train."

In fact. I have this photo of him from the beginning of the season (I swear my wife is going to think I'm gay for pomo)

View attachment 709125

Couldn’t keep track if your Braveheart avatar was a pun or faith hehe

Sorry man, I’m known to have short-term memory loss here…

I also have that PoMo-pic somewhere… And I watch Maurice’s pressers with my wife while in bed.

Please don’t ask me about my marriage !

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Couldn’t keep track if your Braveheart avatar was a pun or faith hehe

Sorry man, I’m known to have short-term memory loss here…

I also have that PoMo-pic somewhere… And I watch Maurice’s pressers with my wife while in bed.

Please don’t ask me about my marriage !
Lol

Pomo has hall of fame level faces 🤣

This was from his Toronto explosion. If you zoom in you can see his green juicy fruit lmfao

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Defense has not been great. The team is giving up a pile of chances

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The team had more xgf/60 and less xga/60 last year in playoffs than this year at even strength. The team shot 2% on the pp last year and actually created more offense/60 on the pp last year vs Tampa than this postseason. Difference is finishing mostly. And that’s part luck, part opponent goalies and also maybe just more experience/less pressure. Either way if it was a systems they would be creating more and allowing less which I clearly isn’t the case. Also this is completely disregarding the pk which isn’t even close. But like I said results will skew perception. The brain won’t remember the numerous chances vasi stole, or pucks bouncing over sticks etc.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad