The Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread (MOD Warning Post #1)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Seems Knight is still not ready. They should have done that 4 days ago - keep Knight in Charlotte, Guzda and Deni with the Panthers
My issue is the choice to keep Cousins and White over Denisenko on the third line

This is egregious.

Waive Cousins and White. If they get claimed we'll who gives a f*** they blow

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if it's Zito and Maurice keeping Denisenko hungry by sending him back down?

He's done some good things and definitely more noticeable but may have to start scoring NHL goals sooner than later.

Hoping if we're out of the race just before deadline, Zito and Maurice will play more rookies/tweeners to end the year if Zito makes several trades to free up roster spots and recoup draft capital.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Not sure if it's Zito and Maurice keeping Denisenko hungry by sending him back down?

He's done some good things and definitely more noticeable but may have to start scoring NHL goals sooner than later.

Hoping if we're out of the race just before deadline, Zito and Maurice will play more rookies/tweeners to end the year if Zito makes several trades to free up roster spots and recoup draft capital.
Well maybe start playing him with suitable players then if they want goals. Either way the roster management this year has been a complete disaster from start to finish. Just utter incompetence by zito

Reactions: Justlou4545

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
10-5-2 since January 1st

68 GF (4/game)
59 GA (3.47/game)

PP, 18 for 50 (36%)
PK, 42 for 56 (75%)

We remain an inconsistent team on goals allowed and the PK but the offense is on fire.
Bobrovsky is playing better but I'd like to see Maurice stress discipline as we've racked up 205 PIMs in those 17 games.

The Montreal game we had 53 of those 205 PIMs but we're 31st in PIMs taken, this is a crucial aspect that needs focus as the PK is arguably our biggest weakness.

Gotta give credit to Maurice, the offense is definitely not an issue right now.
Goaltending is getting more consistent but that's more Bob than PoMo.
If Maurice can drill into their heads about discipline, it will only help our playoff chances.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
10-5-2 since January 1st

68 GF (4/game)
59 GA (3.47/game)

PP, 18 for 50 (36%)
PK, 42 for 56 (75%)

We remain an inconsistent team on goals allowed and the PK but the offense is on fire.
Bobrovsky is playing better but I'd like to see Maurice stress discipline as we've racked up 205 PIMs in those 17 games.

The Montreal game we had 53 of those 205 PIMs but we're 31st in PIMs taken, this is a crucial aspect that needs focus as the PK is arguably our biggest weakness.

Gotta give credit to Maurice, the offense is definitely not an issue right now.
Goaltending is getting more consistent but that's more Bob than PoMo.
If Maurice can drill into their heads about discipline, it will only help our playoff chances.
We started being among the most penalized teams in 2020-21 were we ranked 2nd, last year we ranked 5th, and this year we are 1st. With the exception of 2018 were we ranked 3rd for PIM, we were more often than not middle of the pack in the 2010s.

Looks like our personnel is just prone to it

Ryan Lomberg has consistently been near the top every year, Gudas was in 22, now Tkachuk and Montour this year.

Not sure whats up with monty but with Lomberg, Tkachuk and Gudas, racking up PIMs is an inevitability with how pesty and physically involved they are.

And 3 seperate coaches haven't been able to cut down on our PIM. Let's hope Maurice can do something about it but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like improving the PK is more plausible at this point. We went from middle of the pack to bottom of the barrel in that regard.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
We started being among the most penalized teams in 2020-21 were we ranked 2nd, last year we ranked 5th, and this year we are 1st. With the exception of 2018 were we ranked 3rd for PIM, we were more often than not middle of the pack in the 2010s.

Looks like our personnel is just prone to it

Ryan Lomberg has consistently been near the top every year, Gudas was in 22, now Tkachuk and Montour this year.

Not sure whats up with monty but with Lomberg, Tkachuk and Gudas, racking up PIMs is an inevitability with how pesty and physically involved they are.

And 3 seperate coaches haven't been able to cut down on our PIM. Let's hope Maurice can do something about it but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like improving the PK is more plausible at this point. We went from middle of the pack to bottom of the barrel in that regard.
I think our penalties (generally, not those in the offensive zone) are partly or even largely due to the team knowing that our D isn’t that strong so they do extra to contain the other teams.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
About the penalty killing.
Panthers takes more penalties than any other team but is only 25th in penalty killing.
Key players like Barkov waste time on ice in PK.
Then they are tired as a result because they play too high minutes.
My suggestion is that Maurice forms PK units only from third and fourth lines to divide workload more evenly.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This guy is such a f’ng loser. Why do we have to put up with him?

Because Zito thinks that he's a top-tier coach. Breaking Zito away from that illusion takes a lot of time because if he'd admit after year that "yeah, Mo turned out to be a jackass" would make also Zito look like a jackass as well because he clearly didn't do his homework on this guy. Then Viola might have to consider the possibility of getting rid off Zito too. The quickest way of getting rid off Mo is first firing Zito.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad