The "Panic about Matt Duchene" thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Dater already said that Duchene, EJ and Downie are playing through ankle, back and shoulder injuries respectively.

http://www.denverpost.com/avsmailba...ill-fighting-playoffs-colorado-plans-attitude

"Downie, by the way, has been playing hurt for about three weeks with a shoulder injury. He might have a slight separation in fact. And Duchene has also been playing hurt. His ankle/knee are not 100 percent."

I knew that Downie was hurt , i watched him a lot with Tampa and something wasnt right with him , lately .

NewSaskOil

Apr 1, 2012
Regina
This season is a write-off when it comes to Duchene. I think he has shown better effort lately even if he hasn't gotten on the score sheet. For a premier offensive talent, that's a small comfort but I'll take small encouraging signs at this stage.

With this season in mind, I would start worrying if he doesn't come into camp in the best shape of his life. The "I'm a slow starter" excuse won't fly next year.

Would you guys be interested in trading Matt Duchene to the Oilers for their first +? Draft Grigs to replace him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would you guys be interested in trading Matt Duchene to the Oilers for their first +? Draft Grigs to replace him.

Can't speak for others but I would not be interested in going backwards with our rebuild.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
If we trade Duchene to the Oilers I expect one of Hall, RNH, Eberle or their 2012 1st round pick. Oilers hang up? Well so do the Avs.

NewSaskOil

Apr 1, 2012
Regina
If we trade Duchene to the Oilers I expect one of Hall, RNH, Eberle or their 2012 1st round pick. Oilers hang up? Well so do the Avs.

The proposal included the Oilers 2012 1st round pick, I was checking if you guys thought Grigs might have more potential.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

It depends on what the plus is, but I don't think it would be in the right direction for the Avs. Most of their youngsters are ready now, getting Grigorenko (or Murray) puts them back a step. If the Avs are to trade Duchene, I think it'll be for someone that has already proven their ability to play at the NHL level.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
The proposal included the Oilers 2012 1st round pick, I was checking if you guys thought Grigs might have more potential.

I am not a scout or part of scouting staff nor will I pretend to be one. If the Avs feel that Grigs has more potential then feel free to take the trade. If not then the Avs keep Duchene.

NewSaskOil

Apr 1, 2012
Regina
It depends on what the plus is, but I don't think it would be in the right direction for the Avs. Most of their youngsters are ready now, getting Grigorenko (or Murray) puts them back a step. If the Avs are to trade Duchene, I think it'll be for someone that has already proven their ability to play at the NHL level.

I was thinking + would be Martin Marincin. The benfit for the Avs would be they gain some years on a ELC and the benfit for the Oil is that they get more competitive now. I also understand that the Avs don't have salary cap problems.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I was thinking + would be Martin Marincin. The benfit for the Avs would be they gain some years on a ELC and the benfit for the Oil is that they get more competitive now. I also understand that the Avs don't have salary cap problems.

The rebuild is over, the Avs want to win now, this is evident with the acquisition of Downie+McGinn and trading their 1st round pick this year for Varlamov. They wouldn't want to trade a NHL ready forward for a potential defenseman, if Duchene is to be traded, it'll be for a NHL ready young defenseman with potential. Defenseman in this year's draft might be good, but they're still 2-3 years away from NHL ready.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So the Avs don't benefit at all on the ice right now and they make a division rival better? Sorry, not going to happen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

And would likely involve packaging one of our defensive prospects with him to get a more established young defender like the oft mentioned Dutchy + Barrie/Elliott for Burmistrov + Enstrom/Bogosian

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don't think trading Matt Duchene is a good idea to begin with, but certainly not for a draft pick, regardless of position. If they did trade him, it would make a lot more sense to do a trade similar to the Erik Johnson one, except from the Blues perspective.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Matt Duchene's probably not lived up the the hype as a #3 pick. Debatable.

But if Matt Duchene was chosen at #15 or so, we probably wouldn't be having these convos.

With that in mind, why would you trade Duchene for a draft pick???????

I'm not a huge Duchene fan, but some of this stuff is becoming just pure illogical.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Matt Duchene's probably not lived up the the hype as a #3 pick. Debatable.

But if Matt Duchene was chosen at #15 or so, we probably wouldn't be having these convos.

With that in mind, why would you trade Duchene for a draft pick???????

I'm not a huge Duchene fan, but some of this stuff is becoming just pure illogical.

He's 21 years old!

He looked like the best player in the draft after his first two seasons. Or at the very least, 1A/1B with Tavares. Even after his poor start to the season, he was still tied with Jones for the team lead in goals and was on pace for 26 or 27 before he hurt his knee.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wouldn't want to trade Duchene but if we do something like the trade in my previous post, that would make a lot of sense if we strike out on all of the top pairing Dmen.

Heebs21*

And would likely involve packaging one of our defensive prospects with him to get a more established young defender like the oft mentioned Dutchy + Barrie/Elliott for Burmistrov + Enstrom/Bogosian

Matt Duchene + Stephan Elliot

FOR

Alexander Burmistrov (8th overall in '10) + Zach Bogosian (3rd overall in '08)

A #1 D-man to pair with Johnson and arguably one of the best two way centers in the league who is only 20 years old.

Sign me up.

hawk30

Oct 5, 2009
Rochester, NY
Matt Duchene + Stephan Elliot

FOR

Alexander Burmistrov (8th overall in '10) + Zach Bogosian (3rd overall in '08)

A #1 D-man to pair with Johnson and arguably one of the best two way centers in the league who is only 20 years old.

Sign me up.
The value is good, but this doesn't really fit our needs.

We need a top 6 winger, not another center, and a left handed defenseman to play with Johnson. I think Enstrom makes more sense in that regard.

Heebs21*

The value is good, but this doesn't really fit our needs.

We need a top 6 winger, not another center, and a left handed defenseman to play with Johnson. I think Enstrom makes more sense in that regard.

We will need a center if we trade Duchene. Burmistrov would be perfect for this team. He is the ideal 3rd line center.

Agreed about Enstrom though.

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McGinn - Stastny - Jones
Olver - Burmistrov - Mueller
McLeod - McClement - Kobasew

What's wrong with that top 6?

Johnson - Enstrom
Hedja - O'Byrne
Hunwick - Guance

Reserves- Barrie, Wilson

Ad

Upcoming events