OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The Big10 went 6-4, the SEC 5-6. The SEC will win the championship again and have a 6-7 bowl record even with both teams in the final. The Big 12 is 4-2. The American is 3-1.

All of the SECs losses were the lower tier bowls, with the exception of the Sugar, and I think most reasonable folks would grant that barring a Corral injury that outcome would.probably have been different.

SEC won both semifinals and 2/3 New Years Day bowls. I'd say rumors of the conferences demise are greatly exaggerated. All the Toilet Bowl losses dont mean squat

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So apparently the Titans will have Henry back for the playoffs. Clinching the bye week would be huge.

Reactions: predhead1

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Not only a TD but he also has 5 catches. Glad to see him get involved. Survive today, take a week off to get healthy, Henry is back... anything can happen.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well that was certainly harder than it should have been, but still.. Bye week and home field.

This has to be the first time in Titans history of having the #1 seed right?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well that was certainly harder than it should have been, but still.. Bye week and home field.

This has to be the first time in Titans history of having the #1 seed right?

Unfortunately no. I was there at the stadium to watch us lose the divisional both times we had the 1 seed previously. Both losses to Baltimore in 2000 and 2008. (think the years are correct) That 2008 one was especially brutal to watch because of fumbles. Alge Crumpler and Lendale White... obviously scarred me. :)

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Unfortunately no. I was there at the stadium to watch us lose the divisional both times we had the 1 seed previously. Both losses to Baltimore in 2000 and 2008. (think the years are correct) That 2008 one was especially brutal to watch because of fumbles. Alge Crumpler and Lendale White... obviously scarred me. :)

Oh shit... has Indianapolos losing to Jacksonville opened the door for the Ravens to get in???

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just pulled this from the wiki about the 2008 game. Man I forgot about the botched call toward the end of the game.

2008 Tennessee Titans season - Wikipedia

Entering the postseason as the AFC's top seed, the Titans began their postseason run at home in the AFC Divisional round against the #6 Baltimore Ravens, in a rematch of their Week 5 contest.

Matt Stover kicked a 43-yard field goal with 57 seconds remaining to send the Ravens into the AFC Championship Game at the expense of the Titans, as quarterback Joe Flacco became the first rookie quarterback to win two playoff games in a single postseason. Tennessee turned the ball over three times, which proved to be the difference between the two teams, as Baltimore never gave the ball away.

The Titans took the lead on their second drive of the game with Kerry Collins completing a 28-yard pass to rookie running back Chris Johnson and a 20-yarder to Justin Gage before Johnson finished the drive with an 8-yard touchdown run. But the Ravens answered back with a 48-yard touchdown Flacco pass to former Titan Derrick Mason.

Early in the second quarter, Tennessee drove to the Ravens 25-yard line, only to turn the ball over on downs due to a fumbled snap on a fourth down conversion attempt. Then after forcing a punt, their drive to the Ravens 32-yard line also ended with no points when a pass from Collins was picked off by former Titan Samari Rolle. Following another punt, the Titans moved the ball into scoring range for the third time in a row, this time driving to the Baltimore 22. But once again they came up empty after LenDale White's fumble was recovered by Ravens safety Jim Leonhard with 25 seconds left in the half.

In the second half, a 29-yard punt return by Leonard and a 37-yard reception by Mark Clayton set up a Stover field goal to take a 10–7 lead. Meanwhile, the Titans failed to score again, as Rob Bironas missed a 51-yard field goal and after Stover's field goal, and Ravens cornerback Fabian Washington forced and recovered a fumble from tight end Alge Crumpler on Baltimore's 1-yard line.

However, the Ravens were unable to gain any yards with their ensuing drive and Tennessee got the ball back with great field position at the Ravens 42-yard line. This time, they managed to drive to the 10-yard line and score with a Bironas field goal to tie the game at 10.

Two plays after the ensuing kickoff, Baltimore faced 3rd down and 2. On the next play, the play clock appeared to expire before the snap, but no penalty flag was thrown and Flacco ended up completing a 23-yard pass to Todd Heap. Five plays later, Stover's 43-yard field goal gave the Ravens a 13–10 lead with 53 seconds left. Baltimore's defense then sealed the victory by forcing Tennessee to turn the ball over on downs on their own 40-yard line.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Oh shit... has Indianapolos losing to Jacksonville opened the door for the Ravens to get in???

Yep. But it's a really long path. They need this to happen:

What's at stake for the Ravens on Sunday: To make the playoffs, Baltimore needs a win and a trio of losses -- by the Colts, Chargers and Dolphins.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yep. But it's a really long path. They need this to happen:

What's at stake for the Ravens on Sunday: To make the playoffs, Baltimore needs a win and a trio of losses -- by the Colts, Chargers and Dolphins.

I wont relax until they are officially eliminated

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I just realized that the Jags not only potentially spoiled Indy's playoff hopes but they still secured the #1 overall pick. Optimal outcome for a Jags fan.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Big Ben wins his final game in Pittsburgh.

Ravens eliminated.

Indy eliminated.

Titans lock up the 1 seed.

What a fantastic Sunday!

I dont give two craps for Big Ben but I will give him a tip of the hat for that last drive, converting 4th and 8, and eliminating Baltimore in the process...

Reactions: LCPreds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad