Online Series: The Orville : New Horizons - March 10, 2022 on Hulu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Firefly currently on Netflix Canada? I'll be reactivating my Netflix account in the not too distant future to watch season 3 of Stranger Things. I have Crave tv right now and have watched most of what I want to. I can't justify the expense of having both Crave and Netflix, as there is always loads of content on either service that I never get to and instead stick to niche shows.

it was on netflix in the states but I canceled netflix a few months ago. I plan on going back for the same reason to see Stranger Things season 3 and there's a pretty good German Sci-Fi show, Dark which season 2 just came out. Season 1 was a bit of a mind f*** about time travel but it was done in a non cheesy way. I'm waiting for another German show, Babylon Berlin's season 3 to come out. It's more of a murder mystery set in the late '20's and for Peaky Blinders season 5.

Hulu has but I canceled it as the ads drove me nuts since it's the same 10 or so all the time. I just got it cause I felt like re-watching Scrubs, kept it for a month after the free trail to watch Shameless UK.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
it was on netflix in the states but I canceled netflix a few months ago. I plan on going back for the same reason to see Stranger Things season 3 and there's a pretty good German Sci-Fi show, Dark which season 2 just came out. Season 1 was a bit of a mind **** about time travel but it was done in a non cheesy way. I'm waiting for another German show, Babylon Berlin's season 3 to come out. It's more of a murder mystery set in the late '20's and for Peaky Blinders season 5.

Hulu has but I canceled it as the ads drove me nuts since it's the same 10 or so all the time. I just got it cause I felt like re-watching Scrubs, kept it for a month after the free trail to watch Shameless UK.
You've got a lot of shows on the go. :) I stretch out the ones I really like for as long as my willpower allows. Stranger Things will be quick viewing, with only ten episodes and me doing one per night. I'd like to be following the forum thread, but always miss out. Must avoid spoilers.

I watched the promo for "Dark" before cancelling Netflix. It looked decent. When I go back to Netflix, I'll sample a couple of episodes.

This site says no: Is 'Firefly' available to watch on Canadian Netflix? - New On Netflix Canada (and the US version of the site says that it's not on US Netflix, either)

It's available on Hulu, though: Watch Firefly Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial)
It should be easy to watch all 14 episodes during the free trial month, so you could probably cancel the service afterward, if you want.

It's also available on Amazon Prime, but costs US $12.99: Amazon.com: Watch Firefly Season 1 | Prime Video
Thanks for the links. Helpful.

I'll sign up for the Hulu trial once I'm sure there are a couple of shows worth watching. I'm mostly exclusive to Crave and Netflix, but won't thumb my nose at a freebie.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You've got a lot of shows on the go. :) I stretch out the ones I really like for as long as my willpower allows. Stranger Things will be quick viewing, with only ten episodes and me doing one per night. I'd like to be following the forum thread, but always miss out. Must avoid spoilers.

I watched the promo for "Dark" before cancelling Netflix. It looked decent. When I go back to Netflix, I'll sample a couple of episodes.

I don't really like some of the things that Netflix has been doing so my plan going forward from now on is to only go back when I have several shows to watch and then cancel at the end of the month instead of just keeping it month after month on end.

Dark is not something I would go through too quickly though, so i'll likely take my time with that one. Strange things I can go through that quickly, I stay out of the thread until I finish the latest season.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When the pandemic hit, they were halfway through filming and on target for probably a late 2020 release, which would've been pretty reasonable with Season 2 ending in April 2019. Based on that, we can probably conclude that most of the delay is due to the pandemic. On top of the nearly year pause in filming, completing it probably took a few months longer than it otherwise would've (ex. prosthetics and makeup may take longer because of close contact) and the longer-than-usual post-production time from now until March could be in case it takes longer to do from home.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Awesome! Binged the first two seasons when I was pulling late shift watching my baby twin boys while my wife slept late at night

Now with baby #3 coming soon, I have another season to watch for that same shift :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those who have been blaming the pandemic form the delay. They ended filming season 2 in Jan 2019. Originally season 3 filming was suppose to start September 2019. But due to creative problems behind the scenes it kept getting pushed back. There had not started shooting the new series when the first wave of the pandemic hit(one youtuber keeps saying this)they were filming promo shots for Hulu and not the actual series itself. There was a lot of behind the scenes drams that actual caused the delay. Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes were getting divorced and it sounds like getting them in the same room at the same time was interesting. And Seth MacFarlene had been looked at for behaviour issues in his relationships with Halston Sage and another actress who also worked on the series..nothing came of it but Sage and other actress both left the series after the relationships ended

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Nice little poke at fans and themselves with the "Definitely worth the wait" at the end. Also Yaphit in the spacesuit was funny. Looks like Davis Schulz took over voicing him after the death of Norm McDonald.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
For anyone who's interested, there's a interview with one of The Orville's main writers on the most recent episode of The Inglorious Treksperts:

He talks about the upcoming season. Good stuff. Also some Trek talk in the interview.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad