THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Hockey used to be fun though

If there were no long term consequences, I'd agree fights are fun. CTE takes the enjoyment out of it for me. And the league has just seen a player break the record for wins as a goalie, is seeing another chase down the record for goals, has probably the fastest player that's ever played, the trap is dead... are you not entertained? Then maybe MMA is more your thing.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If there were no long term consequences, I'd agree fights are fun. CTE takes the enjoyment out of it for me. And the league has just seen a player break the record for wins as a goalie, is seeing another chase down the record for goals, has probably the fastest player that's ever played, the trap is dead... are you not entertained? Then maybe MMA is more your thing.
it’s so annoying when people say this, lol.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well there's a lot more to hockey than just fighting. So if you think the current high-tempo, high-scoring, no clutch and grab league is boring just because it has fewer fights than it used to, are you really that much into hockey? I think it's a legitimate question.
I can enjoy hockey and enjoy the fact that hockey has fighting.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
q1iBsxD.gif

Reactions: egelband and ALine

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Fighting and snarl is what makes hockey entertaining. If it was just skating and scoring and skating back to the bench, very few would watch. Nhl needs to lean into what makes it unique and what draws new fans. What rempe is doing is drawing in new fans. But then theyll watch devs play another figure skating team and be checked out. Nhl needs more rempes

Rempe is a pretty trash fighter for his size

Imagine getting dominated and taken down by a guy you dwarf
Nick D landed maybe like 2 punches to rempes face. He kept hitting rempes shoulder. Rempe pummeled him so much so nick waved the white flag and went for the take down

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Well there's a lot more to hockey than just fighting. So if you think the current high-tempo, high-scoring, no clutch and grab league is boring just because it has fewer fights than it used to, are you really that much into hockey? I think it's a legitimate question.
I liked hockey way more in 2012 than now. When fights were regular and teams hated each other. Now its basically like beer league where these guys wanna get beers together after the game. So yes I prefer my hockey look more like sabres/sens 2007 than what is usually does in 2024

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I liked hockey way more in 2012 than now. When fights were regular and teams hated each other. Now its basically like beer league where these guys wanna get beers together after the game. So yes I prefer my hockey look more like sabres/sens 2007 than what is usually does in 2024

So if you watch a game with no fights, no matter what else happened in that game, you feel that was a boring game?
Fighting and snarl is what makes hockey entertaining. If it was just skating and scoring and skating back to the bench, very few would watch. Nhl needs to lean into what makes it unique and what draws new fans. What rempe is doing is drawing in new fans. But then theyll watch devs play another figure skating team and be checked out. Nhl needs more rempes

Hockey is what makes hockey entertaining. Fighting is at most the cherry on top of the sundae. Do you have any proof that fighting attracts more fans than it turns off?

The way I see it, if fighting truly attracted more fans, you'd see fighting in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. You'd see fighting in soccer.You'd see the MMA become the most popular sport in the world. And you'd see the NHL lean into fighting instead of tamping it down. But we don't see that. Because it isn't true.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I generally don't care for fighting in the league because quite frankly I don't find them all that interesting because they are often just kind of shitty.

Good fights are awesome though.

That was a hell of a bout. Quite enjoyable.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
lol at thinking Xhekaj is too good or valuable to fight
Another clueless post. He is valuable because opponents are afraid of him. They tend to avoid playing the puck when he is in the vicinity. After all a significant number of players in the league will do anything to avoid being hit. And currently he is the only Hab that anyone is remotely afraid of.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Why the hell is MacDermid scratched tonight against Toronto.

We could've seen him and Reaves go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad