THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
That kid will probably be on painkillers and concussed by the age of 25. So many enforcers died before 50 in the past decade but hey, it's all good, for entertainment sake
He’s an adult making $700k. It’s his right in the free world to chase the glory. A lot of those old guys ended up having fine lives. You die from sitting on the couch all day too

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
That kid will probably be on painkillers and concussed by the age of 25. So many enforcers died before 50 in the past decade but hey, it's all good, for entertainment sake
He just broke into the league! Give him a break. Of course he’s going to fight to make an impression. He’s developing a whole fan base around him. People are going to want his jersey. That’s huge for a young player trying to make it into the league.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Should be more like Canelo and start turning down fights. Cant fight every player in the league that wants to take on the Heavyweight Champion.
Sort of an interesting question of what it would take to be the heavyweight champion these days. Like in this game I’d say a contender would have to decisively beat Gudbranson, like make him look weak, to take a step in that direction

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He's gonna have CTE by the end of next week at this rate. He got straight pummeled today

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
You continue to miss the point. Hockey doesn't need fighting to be popular. We see that in the NWHL, in the QMJHL, in the NCAA, in international tournaments, and in the playoffs.
We see that corroborated by increasing revenues, increasing Stanley Cup Finals viewership, increasing interest in hockey in social media and youth programs.
We see that corroborated in polls which you asked for and promptly dismissed once they didn't support your opinion.
We see that corroborated by NHL legends like Wayne Gretzky.
We see that corroborated by other major league sports which have banned fighting.

I have provided evidence for all this. You... have provided your feelings on the matter. I'll leave it at that.
I think im missing the time that baseball, football and basketball allowed fighting.

You have yet to show a single poll where people have said theyd watch hockey more if there was less fighting fyi.

Has any major sport seen revenue drop? Is revenue increasing unique to hockey and furthermore is it due to there being less fighting?

Has any sport seen drops in social media engagement? Maybe the reason is theres more accounts and social media platforms? Is the reason social interactions going up because theres less fighting?

Youve made quite a weak case here and what you believe is your best piece of evidence is that some obese 55 year old Quebec woman polled who doesnt watch hockey said it should be banned. Quite weak

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
He got rocked a lot but tonight but the kid is tough as hell. Someone tell him it’s ok NOT fight every game lol. He doesn’t have to accept every challenge. Kid is definitely a throw back type of guy. Fun to see
He needs to use bis reach to his advantage. He keeps just grabbing collars despite having a reach advantage. He needs to start grabbing jerseys around the elbow’s/biceps.

But shit man, this kid wants no defense and just bombs to be thrown

Yeah, I do not get why we are gloryfing that kind of player in 2024.
Because its far more entertaining than some 5’9 150 euro kid whos gonna score 20 goals

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I think im missing the time that baseball, football and basketball allowed fighting.

You have yet to show a single poll where people have said theyd watch hockey more if there was less fighting fyi.

Has any major sport seen revenue drop? Is revenue increasing unique to hockey and furthermore is it due to there being less fighting?

Has any sport seen drops in social media engagement? Maybe the reason is theres more accounts and social media platforms? Is the reason social interactions going up because theres less fighting?

Youve made quite a weak case here and what you believe is your best piece of evidence is that some obese 55 year old Quebec woman polled who doesnt watch hockey said it should be banned. Quite weak

Maybe I've made a weak case, but you've made no case at all.

Indeed those polls don't answer your specific and arbitrary questions. But I say again, there are two kind of people in the world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I do not get why we are gloryfing that kind of player in 2024.
Holy shit do you live under a rock? UFC is insanely popular these days. Boxing is still very much around.

There are lots of people that are willing to do this as their career, and there are tons more people that love to watch it (and always will). So deal with it. Just because it’s 2024 doesn’t mean we have to only appease the soft people of the world.

Reactions: KKWG11 and Leafs87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad