THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah it takes a real tough guy to sit on his couch and watch TV. You are so brave.
That's always the funniest part of these threads. Guys who think it makes them tough because they watch a fight on tv and like it.

Good scrap but when there's no tension leading up to a fight I really find myself not caring about it

Agreed.

A for effort on the fight but staged fights are still lame because the main reason they happen is at least one of the guys is desperately trying to justify his place on the roster. It has little to do with the actual game.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I get the CTE argument in the past for the old fighters that didn't know any better but like someone willingly gets into a fight at this point why exactly should I feel bad or guilty about enjoying it? It's not like the long term effects are some kind of secret and it's not like they are being dragged to centre ice and forced to punch each other in the face either lol. These are grown ass men and if they want to fight each other I am going to enjoy it.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah, unless there's an emotional investment between the two combatants, count me in as someone who doesn't really care that much for fights in hockey.

That being said, that's as good a hockey fight as I've seen in a while, objectively speaking.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Have we gone through this? Where?
No evidence revenue is up? Are you serious? Have you seen the cap? The cap floor is now higher than the cap ceiling was.

Youth participation: Growing the Game: How Youth Hockey is Expanding and Embracing New Opportunities - The Hockey Focus

You are ignoring the facts to hold on to your beliefs.

Except the evidence shows that 49% would say they enjoyed it, and 46% would say they didn't, while a large majority of people outside the arena (potential fans) would say they want it banned. The fact your friends have the same values and interests as you is not a surprise. Your friends are not a statistically valid sample.

The most watched hockey games in US history were the Miracle on Ice and Canada's olympic gold win over the US. Not a fight in sight...
Miracle on ice probably had nothing to do with it being USA college kid vs Russia men during the cold war im sure. Youre really reaching far here. Again, you need to probably get out more and talk to some people at hockey games.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I get the CTE argument in the past for the old fighters that didn't know any better but like someone willingly gets into a fight at this point why exactly should I feel bad or guilty about enjoying it? It's not like the long term effects are some kind of secret and it's not like they are being dragged to centre ice and forced to punch each other in the face either lol. These are grown ass men and if they want to fight each other I am going to enjoy it.
I played tackle football for 16 years. The excuse of wanting to ban fighting in hockey because of cte makes me laugh. Punches in hockey fights actually land on melons maybe 20% of the time. Simple tackles in football are far more dangerous than a hockey fight and you have guys with 10+ tackles PER GAME if youre in the “BUT CTE!!!” Crowd.

And incoming from the cte crowd, “this post is a perfect example of why cte is dangerous”

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah it takes a real tough guy to sit on his couch and watch TV. You are so brave.
Tough? No. No one ever said that. But it sure beats sounding like a whiney soccer mom outraged over two grown ass men deciding they want to fight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Exactly, there's also a difference between enjoying two men agreeing to fight and fighting, a huge clean hit through the body, and a player taking advantage of a player in a vulnerable position and hitting them in the head. You can like 2 of the 3 things.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
That's always the funniest part of these threads. Guys who think it makes them tough because they watch a fight on tv and like it.
No, the funniest part is people who think hockey fights are "so pathetic" coming into a thread about a hockey fight and incessantly whining about fighting in the game. What's the point, other than to complain and seek attention?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad