THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And I enjoy hockey fights, and hockey includes fighting, at least at the NHL and AHL levels.

No. It's boring and passionless today. Like soccer on ice

Ummm what? The 1991 North Stars and 1999 Sabres beg to differ
75 Sabres
82 Canucks
86 Flames
84, 85, 87, 88, 90 Oilers
95 Devils
01 Devils
03 Devils

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Hockey in the 90s... you knew which teams were going to the Stanley Cup Finals just by looking at the payroll and excluding the Rangers (lol). You knew which team was going to win the game as soon as the first goal was scored (more or less). Skilled players were hooked and grabbed into oblivion. Bobby freaking Holik was a $9M player...
I feel attacked 😂

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
1991 was the beginning of the dead puck era, and the Sabres needed a freak talent like Hasek to get to the Finals. That's one team in a decade... I'll admit to exaggerating a bit, but from 1995 to 2004, the Devils, Red Wings, Stars, Avalanche, and Flyers were the best teams, and their payrolls crushed the smaller markets like Ottawa, Edmonton, Buffalo, Nashville...etc.
It hasn't been much better over the last 15 years. Bolts, Kings, Blackhawks and Pens have owned the postseason

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I don't mind fighting in hockey at all but the staged fighting is a pile of shit . It is what keeps guys like Reaves , Delaurier etc ... employed . They have zero skill and should gone from the game .

Reactions: japhi

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Guys shitting on rempe as just a fighter are missing the boat, he is a huge fast heat seeking missile that will cause guys to make hurried, bad decisions with the puck when he is coming at them. He absolutely can have a long career as a fourth line banger with his speed.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks tips, but it sure doesn’t sound like you have any experience whatsoever with it.

There’s no bobbing and weaving or jab combinations in a legit hockey fight.
???
Nobody said defend yourself like a boxer... Try again.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Guys shitting on rempe as just a fighter are missing the boat, he is a huge fast heat seeking missile that will cause guys to make hurried, bad decisions with the puck when he is coming at them. He absolutely can have a long career as a fourth line banger with his speed.
Don’t you know that in today’s NHL a 20 yo kid is a bust unless he goes ppg and minimium of 2 michigans per season

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Fighting in hockey was not just about the fights themselves. It was also about the intensity and intimidation. With crushing open-ice hits, fighting was one third of hockey's holy trinity to me - physical skills like skating and stickhandling and passing, plus vision and IQ, and finally, performing while being intimidated.

Without all three, hockey is just a lot less fun. Telling people to go watch boxing or dismissing the fighting in hockey as worse than actual contact sports misses the point completely.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
You’re embarrassing yourself with such a ridiculous proclamation.

Take a good look at the stands - - how many fans were standing and cheering during the fight compared to how many fans turned away and covered their eyes.

It most definitely wasn’t a 50/50 split, my friend.

Here's some insight for ya. Had I been at that game, I would have cheered to show my respect for Deslauriers and Rempe. I still support the measures the NHL has taken to tamp down on fighting. The two are not mutually exclusive. Maybe you should think things though before talking about who is embarrassing whom.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Had I been at that game, I would have cheered to show my respect for Deslauriers and Rempe.

Why would you cheer and show respect for something you consider barbaric that should be outlawed from the game?

Seems rather hypocritical.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Because I know it takes courage to do what they did given not only the pain involved but also the very serious health risks. I respect Deslauriers. I respect Rempe. My issue isn't with the individuals.

I'm not foaming at the mouth to ban fighting here. I remember the days I could enjoy fights without CTE ruining it for me. They're still a guilty pleasure of sorts. I just don't feel it makes sense to keep fights in the game, and the whole toxic masculinity that people display in defence of fighting is pretty sad. But you'll never see me calling fighters losers or anything of the kind.

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
Rempe got absolutely murdered lol
IMG_6436.jpeg

“Murdered”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad