Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Kanye’s Drake diss really was the best song from both projects. Off The Grid is also better than anything on CLB.

Andre 3000 had a really amazing verse too on Kanye saying he’s GD lmao.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Young Thug swinging an axe in the video was the manliest thing he has ever done.

HAHA. the pre split log that he whiffed on lol.

Overall the video was amazing and hilarious. Drake videos just seem to be getting better and better.

The track though was not the greatest (for me). I know alot of people will like it as it has future and young thug but the beat was boring and the hook ridiculously repetitive. lyrical content was next to none..... tell me more about bags, women and material goods.

Last edited:

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
My Donda listenership increased by 1000% since CLB came out. Drake took an L on this one which was nuts cause it looked like Ye was handing him a big fat W on a platter.

Kanye is a musician’s musician and Drake is a spokesperson’s spokesperson.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
My Donda listenership increased by 1000% since CLB came out. Drake took an L on this one which was nuts cause it looked like Ye was handing him a big fat W on a platter.

Kanye is a musician’s musician and Drake is a spokesperson’s spokesperson.

part of me wonders if they reignited this beef only to boost each others streams and dropps.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
HAHA. the pre split log that he whiffed on lol.

Overall the video was amazing and hilarious. Drake videos just seem to be getting better and better.

The track though was not the greatest (for me). I know alot of people will like it as it has future and young thug but the beat was boring and the hook ridiculously repetitive. lyrical content was next to none..... tell me more about bags, women and material goods.
Ha really? Thought the beat was great. Imo it will be the most played song off the album, if it has a catchy beat and hook it will be played a lot

Reactions: tacogeoff

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I’m honestly over young thug, can’t even understand wtf he is saying half the time
Yeah he’s done. Even tho he’s my avi. 2 Sexy is some shit right out of The Boondocks.

New music is really not interesting anymore.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I’m honestly over young thug, can’t even understand wtf he is saying half the time

Not sure why anyone would have liked him in the first place lol. Can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of that ugly motherf***er. I’m not really a big fan of Future either. I don’t know what he’s saying most of the time either.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Unpopular opinion but you all are tripping. The back half of CLB is one of most interesting bodies of work Drake has put out in his career. His pen is on point, and he's divulged a lot about his life such as his circle shrinking, his lack of trust in the industry, his sex/stripper addiction and it's impact on his ability to maintain a relationship, and the solace he's found in fatherhood.

There is a lot to unpack and there's a lot of depth to this record. There is a lot of fluff in the front half but a lot of that is balancing commercial success. Girls love girls is complete ass but his most streamed song. Way 2 Sexy is also corny but destined to be on repeat in the clubs.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Unpopular opinion but you all are tripping. The back half of CLB is one of most interesting bodies of work Drake has put out in his career. His pen is on point, and he's divulged a lot about his life such as his circle shrinking, his lack of trust in the industry, his sex/stripper addiction and it's impact on his ability to maintain a relationship, and the solace he's found in fatherhood.

There is a lot to unpack and there's a lot of depth to this record. There is a lot of fluff in the front half but a lot of that is balancing commercial success. Girls love girls is complete ass but his most streamed song. Way 2 Sexy is also corny but destined to be on repeat in the clubs.
Not even close tbh. Even the Side A of Scorpion is more interesting than the 2nd half of CLB.

Everything you named can be found on these songs and are far superior imo.

Survival
Emotionless
Sandra’s rose
Is There More

The 2nd half only has The Remorse and 7AM on Bridle Path.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Not even close tbh. Even the Side A of Scorpion is more interesting than the 2nd half of CLB.

Everything you named can be found on these songs and are far superior imo.

Survival
Emotionless
Sandra’s rose
Is There More

The 2nd half only has The Remorse and 7AM on Bridle Path.

Scorpion was a much bigger mess and fell off completely on Side B. The songs you listed don't scratch the surface of any kind of personal conflict that Drake covers on CLB.

For example, TSU is a brilliant reflection on a mutually-enabling relationship he has with a stripper, and how the similarities in their upbringing led them to where they are. The album then cuts into N 2 Deep where Drake is serenading his girl about wanting to prove he's more than just a club goer, but we get hit a beat switch and he's fallen victim to his addiction again.

That's more artistic than anything he's done.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Yeah he’s done. Even tho he’s my avi. 2 Sexy is some shit right out of The Boondocks.

New music is really not interesting anymore.
There’s been some decent rap albums this year so far, Dave East and Vince staples have been my most played probably. I’m patiently waiting for Pusha T

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
There’s been some decent rap albums this year so far, Dave East and Vince staples have been my most played probably. I’m patiently waiting for Pusha T
Yeah but I mean in terms of a new sound. The rap dudes are killing it this year, but even still that style has been around for a while now.

Man I can’t get over this Andre 3000 verse though, it’s so well written.

Reactions: max21

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Scorpion was a much bigger mess and fell off completely on Side B. The songs you listed don't scratch the surface of any kind of personal conflict that Drake covers on CLB.

For example, TSU is a brilliant reflection on a mutually-enabling relationship he has with a stripper, and how the similarities in their upbringing led them to where they are. The album then cuts into N 2 Deep where Drake is serenading his girl about wanting to prove he's more than just a club goer, but we get hit a beat switch and he's fallen victim to his addiction again.

That's more artistic than anything he's done.
I still think Scorpion is better than CLB… but whatever to each his own… music taste is subjective. I’m glad you like CLB, maybe it’s gonna grow on me.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Yeah 2021 is not that bad.

Nas
Ransom
Griselda (Conway, Benny, Westside Gunn, Boldy James, Mach-hommy)
Dave East
J Cole
Isaiah Rashad
Tyler The Creator
Vince Staples
Curren$y
Polo G
Pooh Shiesty/Big 30
Young Dolph/Key Glock
Remble
Dave
Central Cee
Fredo
I lowkey f*** with Donda too :laugh:

Plenty more coming too. Kendrick, Rick Ross, Pusha T, Stove God Cooks just to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff and max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Yeah 2021 is not that bad.

Nas
Ransom
Griselda (Conway, Benny, Westside Gunn, Boldy James, Mach-hommy)
Dave East
J Cole
Isaiah Rashad
Tyler The Creator
Vince Staples
Curren$y
Polo G
Pooh Shiesty/Big 30
Young Dolph/Key Glock
Remble
Dave
Central Cee
Fredo
I lowkey f*** with Donda too :laugh:

Plenty more coming too. Kendrick, Rick Ross, Pusha T, Stove God Cooks just to name a few.
Low key kinda loved moneybagg yo album also lol-I haven’t listened to young Dolph new album. Loved that beef he had with yo gotti lol, that was some entertainment

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017

I think the feeling is that Drake’s life is kinda boring at this point. No one cares about a love story with a stripper, this ain’t 2014 lmao.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think the feeling is that Drake’s life is kinda boring at this point. No one cares about a love story with a stripper, this ain’t 2014 lmao.

Yeah I get that. He's also pretty old to be bouncing around between women, especially ones way younger than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad