Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're probably right, but the Flyers sure are going somewhere under his tutelage.
Straight to the bottom of the standings.
I doubt it.

They'll figure things out, work around the limitations at the center position, the defense will stabilize when York returns. There's a fair amount of talent on this team, just doesn't fit real well without another top 6 center (move Frost to 3C and they look much better).

They'll probably be up and down all season, sell at the TDL (not much, they don't have veterans on the last year of contracts that most teams covet), finish with 80-85 points, pick 10th to 12th and 42nd to 44.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I doubt it.

They'll figure things out, work around the limitations at the center position, the defense will stabilize when York returns. There's a fair amount of talent on this team, just doesn't fit real well without another top 6 center (move Frost to 3C and they look much better).

They'll probably be up and down all season, sell at the TDL (not much, they don't have veterans on the last year of contracts that most teams covet), finish with 80-85 points, pick 10th to 12th and 42nd to 44.

To pick in the 10-14th range has always been the Flyers' sexiest wet dream.

If your post is indicative to the way the future unfolds, then... Same as it ever was.

I am f***ing sick of Ground Hog Day, man. Bill Murray actually dies in this movie.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I want Torts to refuse to be behind the bench — but in November, not April — while the team is too afraid to fire him. So we get Jim Jackson calling it an “innovative” coaching style. Comparing it to a DC in the NFL watching from above. But instead of above, from the locker room. Or sitting at home.

I would actually watch an entire game, if there was a laptop behind the bench with Torts zooming in from home. I want to see Rocky holding it up to the sides of players heads, so he can yell at them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To pick in the 10-14th range has always been the Flyers' sexiest wet dream.

If your post is indicative to the way the future unfolds, then... Same as it ever was.

I am f***ing sick of Ground Hog Day, man. Bill Murray actually dies in this movie.
If they finished 2nd, they'd lose the lottery or end up with the next JVR.
Be careful what you wish for. :naughty:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
If they finished 2nd, they'd lose the lottery or end up with the next JVR.

How do you have any idea how the lottery will pan out or any of the players in future drafts?

Stop letting old history dictate the future. Incorrectly choosing JVR 2OA was a decision. It doesn't have any bearing outside that particular draft itself.

Be careful what you wish for.

I remember that R.L. Stine Goosebumps book, too.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It doesn't matter if he's fired or not. This organization does not have a real plan. Torts is just a symptom and not the main issue.

Yep. A long trend now shows that you can fire Tortorella, and they'll hire someone else bad and then try to have them run a defensive system whether they know how or not.

Another long-term trend is that they have been going down my list of coaches I most want to avoid, so there's a solid chance they promote Lappy or hire Eakins. At least watching Eakins attempt to run a defensive scheme will be peak comedy.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Yep. A long trend now shows that you can fire Tortorella, and they'll hire someone else bad and then try to have them run a defensive system whether they know how or not.

Another long-term trend is that they have been going down my list of coaches I most want to avoid, so there's a solid chance they promote Lappy or hire Eakins. At least watching Eakins attempt to run a defensive scheme will be peak comedy.
110% its Lappy under Torts direct control..

#maximumpain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad