Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We might as well get this started. I think I showed immense restraint by not making this the second he was hired.

The coach who is too lazy to coach, and blames the players for it. Who has no understanding of modern offense, and consequently no idea how to defend it either. Who has tanked player values and sabotaged the re-whatever that is anything but a rebuild. Who knows how many moves we haven't heard of that got shot down because no self-respecting player would want to play for such a tool.

The first year, firing was never an option. They adore this idiot too much. But he's being given the exact roster he wants. When he continues to fail, it will be exactly his fault. Hook that seat up to a blast furnace.

Last edited:

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The good news is that, not being a Briere hire, I think Torts is an even easier sacrificial lamb than a coach typically is.

The bad news is that, with zero expectations for any success moving forward, I don't know how hot his seat can reasonably get.

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The good news is that, not being a Briere hire, I think Torts is an even easier sacrificial lamb than a coach typically is.

The bad news is that, with zero expectations for any success moving forward, I don't know how hot his seat can reasonably get.

It's bizarre that Flahr survived. I can see them gifting his VP spot to him so that we can maintain the Idiot Quota.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Last edited:

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Imagine if they actually fired him before the season even starts, that would be a nail in the coffin for him coaching no? Has any team ever done it, just fire the coach before the season starts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad