Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Many NHL coaches make decisions that drive us nuts...but they are in their right as coach to run the team how they see fit. I dislike a lot of his coaching moves but given where they are at and what the front office wants, i understand why they have his back in that regard.

Not coming out to talk to media and making your assistant do it? To me that is failing to do your job. Of all of his antics and methods, to me that is the most clear cut violation of his job and he should be disciplined for it.

He can leave our best offensive players on the bench for OT, thats in his power as coach, but he then should not hide from defending his decisiom.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The second this post went up. Admin needed to shut it down. To think that people are allowed to come on here and call for a man to be fired from his job. Those who are calling for Trotts head wouldn't like it if trolls were posting adds at their work place calling for them to be fired.

Which one of the Flyer alumni scum would you be

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This Flyers team has the 10th best P% out of 19 since the 2005 lockout. So that's what has the authentics all fired up - being the exact median. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Meltzer's take:

Does Tortorella have blinders about some things? Yes. Does he sometimes put too much faith/patience in certain types of players but not in others? Yes, in my estimation.

4) Guess what.... like it not... when a coach constantly harps on accountability and professionalism, he needs to consistently model those traits himself. (BTW, if you think figures in the organization do not notice that, too, you're wrong).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This Flyers team has the 10th best P% out of 19 since the 2005 lockout. So that's what has the authentics all fired up - being the exact median. :laugh:

It's ridiculous how low standards have dropped. The team has an average year and you'd think they're contenders.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
When Max Miller of the Hockey News reported the following:

"In a sense, it was good to give Sean the chance to, maybe, recuperate a little bit more," Briere said. "I know when we say that, he doesn't want to be scratched."....
"Early on, we were asking a lot of him. He was playing on the powerplay. He was facing all the top lines. He was first on the penalty kill. Sean was really beat up, too. If you remember, you go back to earlier in the season, Sean was missing some practices here and there," Briere explained. "It wasn't just to recuperate from playing 22 minutes [a game], he was really banged up. I think at one point, he had five different injuries that he was dealing with, and he was still playing."

Briere cut Tortorella off at the knees. Since this was the situation with SC, that is what should have been said and reported. For Tortorella to frame SC's absence from the lineup in the manner that he did was gross. IMO a disgusting fireable offense.

pooch

May 30, 2017

"In a sense, it was good to give Sean the chance to, maybe, recuperate a little bit more," Briere said. "I know when we say that, he doesn't want to be scratched."....
"Early on, we were asking a lot of him. He was playing on the powerplay. He was facing all the top lines. He was first on the penalty kill. Sean was really beat up, too. If you remember, you go back to earlier in the season, Sean was missing some practices here and there," Briere explained. "It wasn't just to recuperate from playing 22 minutes [a game], he was really banged up. I think at one point, he had five different injuries that he was dealing with, and he was still playing."

Briere cut Tortorella off at the knees. Since this was the situation with SC, that is what should have been said and reported. For Tortorella to frame SC's absence from the lineup in the manner that he did was gross. IMO a disgusting fireable offense.
Maybe that's just Briere trying to save the relationship with Coots. Who knows?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That's because he's a terrible human being with the emotional intelligence of a sewer lid.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Your team was a bottom feeder last year and this year you're fighting for a playoff spot with relatively little talent. Torts has them playing hard and reasonably well. The Rangers should have beaten the crap out of you yesterday and didn't. I can't see ragging on your coach this year because you think he put the wrong line out in overtime. All in all he seems to have done very well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Your team was a bottom feeder last year and this year you're fighting for a playoff spot with relatively little talent. Torts has them playing hard and reasonably well. The Rangers should have beaten the crap out of you yesterday and didn't. I can't see ragging on your coach this year because you think he put the wrong line out in overtime. All in all he seems to have done very well.

Oh wow a team with minimal future (in no small part because of the demands of said blowhard egomaniacal coach) is average once, chiefly based on record against bad West teams. Plan the parade.

Truly, this is the first time he's done something wrong in overtime. Yes. Surely that is the entire context. No other actions, decisions, or history.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Who but the real Sean Avery would have a Sean Avery avatar?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So what Bill is telling me is, Briere will give him the AGM job instead of Flahr because of such accountability?
We'll see. Where did I read that part of the reason Torts got dumped in CBJ was that he wanted to move into management and Jarmo said no way. I can see him moving into a Senior Advisor to the President role, working with Jones. They could restructure the $8M they owe him over a longer period and keep him on. They don't want to fire him, but he's really not the guy for the job long term. 5 or 6 more years of this? Pass and I think Danny thinks so too.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
We'll see. Where did I read that part of the reason Torts got dumped in CBJ was that he wanted to move into management and Jarmo said no way. I can see him moving into a Senior Advisor to the President role, working with Jones. They could restructure the $8M they owe him over a longer period and keep him on. They don't want to fire him, but he's really not the guy for the job long term. 5 or 6 more years of this? Pass and I think Danny thinks so too.
you best buckle in..

Torts is moving to a position above DB and Jones..

they can give him any title they want. but Torts isnt moving into management to be anyones underling

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad