Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

I think the big O goes to the Dodgers, Soto to Yankees and we get Bellinger.

Having said that, here are the Ohtani betting odds on bet365 right now. Jays definitely climbed up over the past few days:

Dodgers +125
Jays +300
Giants +600
Ranges +700
Cubs +750

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Having said that, here are the Ohtani betting odds on bet365 right now. Jays definitely climbed up over the past few days:

Dodgers +125
Jays +300
Giants +600
Ranges +700
Cubs +750

Silver lining is Bellinger only cost Rogers money and costs the jays zero assets minus the qualify offer. Really be happy with any of the 3 to varying degrees.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
So, other than more money, what would be a reason for Ohtani to choose the Jays over the Dodgers?
Pete Walker? Probably not enough but right now there is no better pitching coach to work with

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dodgers +125
Jays +300
Giants +600
Ranges +700
Cubs +750
I would not be mad with Bellinger as long as he plays like in 2017, 18, 19 and 2023. He's just 28. But before signing him you need to be sure about what happened in 2020, 21, 22.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I laugh at that because why does it matter to him if he is making 50 or 51 mil? I guess it matters to the scummy agent.

Could be a years thing too. For example if the Dodgers are offering 8 @ $50 and Jays 10 @ $50, that extra $100 mil is nothing to sneeze at.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
At this point it seems like there’s too much news out there circulating around Dodgers/Jays. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up in SF.

Would love to see him signing in San Fran like Judge and Correa only to swoop back and land in Canada. Think it's a pipe dream. Think the only way he chooses the Jays is if for some reason he views going to the Dodgeds similar to a Durant to Golden State move. Maybe he wants to go and build with a team, but then again.. he was just on the Angels and they may have beat that out of him by now.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I think if I was Ohtani and considering going to the Jays, I'd want an opt-out after the first year and probably more throughout the contract. But I'd really want the first one in case I found that I didn't really like Canada/Toronto.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Vomit. Bellinger at the reported term and average he's looking for would be awful.

If Toronto wants Ohtani I think they have to offer him a Fred Vanvleet type of high AVV 40-50M short term deal (2 years) so he can enter free agency again at 30 like Matthews and cash in for one more big contract in his prime. I think something like that would be very attractive to him and would give us two years to sell him on the city and organization.

I think if I was Ohtani and considering going to the Jays, I'd want an opt-out after the first year and probably more throughout the contract. But I'd really want the first one in case I found that I didn't really like Canada/Toronto.
I def think that's part of the offer, Just like with the Clemens deal.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Thats the thing jays dont do opt outs.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm pretty sure all the stars get the opt out treatment these days.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
It's been put out before that Ohtani isn't someone who really cares about money only winning. Plus he makes so much from endorsements it more than covers a few million he'd pass on. If I'm Ohtani though I'm asking why the Jays don't have Bichette+Guerrero locked up long term because I'd defininitely want to have those guys hitting before and after me for however long his contract goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad