The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With the 11th pick, the Nashville Predators are going to do the unexpected and choose a defenceman for a change....Red Deer's Haydn Fleury. You have to love his size, skating ability, and all-around game, and I think he can be a top three defenceman down the road.

You know what I think about that pick. Awesome pick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Fiala certainly plays a style that the Ducks love. He's fast paced and offensive. A very good future winger for Getzlaf and Perry as he's a better offensive version of Bonino and Cogliano, both speedy forwards that they tried with the pair. Great pick at that spot.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
You know what I think about that pick. Awesome pick.

No I don't actually. :) Hard not to like the pick at 11th..there's no way he drops out of the top ten at the draft. I'd be very surprised if the Leafs took Nylander over him..he could be the Leafs number one dman down the road. They already have a skilled undersized winger.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Seems to be going significantly slower than in previous years.

We're better than this guys. :D

Playoffs baby ;)

The year we finished in the basement we practically zoomed through the first round because the whole board had been draft-watching since, like, February :laugh:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Yeah, we gotta get this going.

Let's say 8:30pm tonight, then someone can make the pick for him as long as you don't pick within the next 10.

I would hate to do this, but we gotta get this thing moving.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Hold on, I'll try getting a hold of him. Texting him now.

edit: he just texted me back, should be taken care of soon.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Sorry for the delay guys - I didn't know it was my turn (I also haven't checked HF all day, the unthinkable I Know)

:caps:caps:caps
With the 13th Pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Washington Capitals are proud to select...

From the Niagara Ice Dogs of the OHL... Brendan Perlini!
brendan_perlini_niagara_icedogs.jpg

We knew Brendan falling to us was a bit of a stretch but when we realized that he may be available it was a no brainer.

We love the fact that he oozes offensive skill, and his professional approach to the game. He is a very bright player who we feel could be a top player on our club at some point.

Next GM PMd.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars :stars :stars

With the 14th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from MODO of the Swedish Hockey League, Forward, Adrian Kempe.

Adrian-Kempe.jpeg

"Kempe is one of the youngest players in the draft and has already shown some production in the Mens League of Sweden. Kempe combines a great frame with speed, skill and a willingness to throw hits and go to the dirty areas of the ice. We also believe that the U-18s displayed development in his stickhandling and his heavy shot makes him dangerous from anywhere on the ice."

*Next GM to be PMed

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
No I don't actually. :) Hard not to like the pick at 11th..there's no way he drops out of the top ten at the draft. I'd be very surprised if the Leafs took Nylander over him..he could be the Leafs number one dman down the road. They already have a skilled undersized winger.

I think he's an extremely underrated d-man. With TONS of raw potential to grow his game even more. Team that will get him will be a lucky team.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I think he's an extremely underrated d-man. With TONS of raw potential to grow his game even more. Team that will get him will be a lucky team.

I won't lie, Hayden Fleury was my #1 choice if he fell to Washington. But when you have someone like Grant at the helm it's hard to pull of those epic picks ;-)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:stars :stars :stars

With the 14th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from MODO of the Swedish Hockey League, Forward, Adrian Kempe.

Great pick WTK. I will be shocked if he still is available when the Habs will pick. That's about where I'd have him. Surely not after #20.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
First off, I want to thank HabsFan18 for organizing this fantastic mock draft. I also would like to thank all the others GMs for participating and wish them good luck!

:wings:wings:wings

With the 15th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select from the Guelph Storm, centre, Robby Fabbri!

FabbriRobby%20(2)1017.JPG

Fabbri is a highly skilled and competitive player. Although undersized, Fabbri shows no fear and thrives in high traffic areas. Fabbri possesses great hands, a heavy shot, and great vision, allowing him to be one of the most dynamic players in the OHL. Fabbri is blessed with an extremely high hockey IQ, as well as great skating ability. His lethal combination of agility, hands, and hockey sense make him extremely hard to contain. Fabbri is also a highly dedicated defensive player, already owning a two-way ability well beyond his years.

I'm a huge fan of Fabbri. I personally believe that he should be a top-10 pick and is right up there with fellow OHLers Michael Dal Colle and Nick Ritchie.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'm a huge fan of Fabbri. I personally believe that he should be a top-10 pick and is right up there with fellow OHLers Michael Dal Colle and Nick Ritchie.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Surely one of the guys that skyrocketed the most on my list. He is a top 20 pick for me too.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Great pick WTK. I will be shocked if he still is available when the Habs will pick. That's about where I'd have him. Surely not after #20.

I really like Kempe, but in talking with several scouts..he may not even be a first round guy for some teams. There is some Eller in him..doesn't always see the ice the best or have much creativity. I had him top 20 for most of the season, but after scouting his U-18 and getting some more feedback, I dropped him to the 25-30 range for the Hockey News draft rankings.

Having said that....there is a wide divergence of opinion in this year's draft...not just at the top..but all the way through. I can't guarantee that Kempe won't be picked top 15....that's the beauty of the draft, especially this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad