The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
i did not expect Reinhart to be ther at 3, and i had my choice set at Bennett since the start, since i feel he is a better fit with the oilers. I took some time to consider Reinhart but i decided to stick to my guns.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Bennett a hundred times over Reinhart. Something about Reinhart's game speaks quiet point getter rather than dominant player. Where I think Bennett will be less impactful point wise over the regular season but more productive in the play-offs.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Started to hope Dal Colle would fall to my pick, great pick.:handclap:

He really caught my attention at the U-17 last year where he was Ontario's 2nd best player against USA. Still rather raw, and he'll be quite the player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:canes With the 7th selection, Carolina selects....:canes

NICK RITCHIE from the Peterborough Petes. Surely the best combination of speed, skills and toughness that this draft has to offer.

TheDirty-Nik-Richie.jpg

Next GM WAS PM'ED.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Woops sorry forgot about this, Whitesnake PM'd me yesterday but got distracted. :laugh:

With the 8th overall pick, Toronto Maple Leafs select William Nylander, C/LW.

fb51f1a7f0_IMG_3459.jpg

High end skating and offensive ability, good bloodlines, and perhaps the future #1C of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Surprised he fell to this low.

yoteshot PM'd

Last edited:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
After debating for a long time between 2 players (not hard to figure out who I think), I've made my choice:

:jets

With the 9th overall pick, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select, from the Calgary Hitmen, Jake Virtanen!

1297408363452_ORIGINAL.jpg

We have some strong defensemen in the system, as well as some interesting offensive centres in Scheifele and Petan, but the wings are sorely lacking skill. By drafting Virtanen, we think we add a bluechip prospect on the wing, and one who could play on our first line for many years. His speed and shot make him a threat everytime he steps on the ice, while he already has the size to play a powergame in this league.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The Anaheim Mighty Ducks
:ducks

...would like to thank Habsfan18 for his dedication and efforts in organizing this event, and I would like to personally thank him for the unrelenting pressure he has applied over the years which has culminated in my participation, at long last.

We would also like to thank all of our fans back home at our draft party in Anaheim (hi Bill!) and congratulate the San Jose Sharks on becoming just the 4th team in NHL history to blow a 3-0 series lead. We will never complain about how slowly the NHL 1st round moves again, after sitting here for more than 24 hours waiting to make our pick!

The Ducks would also like to thank Bryan Murray and the Ottawa Senators for making this all possible. We hope they can finally get a good year out of Bobby Ryan before he fulfills his inevitable destiny of becoming a Philadelphia Flyer as a free agent next summer. But will even a good year be worth it? Well, it is worth it for us!

The Ducks are proud to select, from HV71 of the Swedish Elite League, Kevin Fiala.

hv71-webb.jpg

In considering the field of available candidates at #10, we were sort of hoping that Kevin might fiala to us! We don't normally go all willy-nyl-y picking diminutive Europeans, but we have to admit we were perlining towards taking Fiala all along. We wanted a player with a definite scoring tuch, and I think we also got a player in Fiala who can be a great fabbri-cant de jeu as well. Anything kapanen on the draft floor, and while we received a fleury of trade offers for this pick, we ultimately decided that with a winfall "bonus" pick courtesy of the Sens, we could swing for the fences with a high upside player like Fiala.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
It is not a mere duck. Nor a stupid one. It is MIGHTY Duck! :yo:

Can you believe the fans actually petitioned to keep him, when they were fazing out the Mighty Ducks connection? If I'm not mistaken, the only place you can find the Mighty Duck logo anymore is on a patch of their 3rd jerseys... a step in the right direction, for sure. Is the bronze statue of Wild Wing outside the arena still there, I wonder?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Oh yeah, and good picks by the way. :)

edit: adding a *slow clap* to the Fiala pick. Yarf and O_J stamp of approval, lol. I'd go so high as to say it's almost a coin flip for me between him and Ehlers... and as you can imagine, I'm pretty high on Ehlers.

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With the 11th pick, the Nashville Predators are going to do the unexpected and choose a defenceman for a change....Red Deer's Haydn Fleury. You have to love his size, skating ability, and all-around game, and I think he can be a top three defenceman down the road.
644fleury.jpg

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
First of all, we'd like to salute nobody our fans that made the hour and a half trip to our arena in Glendale.

With the 12th pick overall, the Phoenix Coyotes are pleased to select, from the Sault-Ste-Marie Greyhounds, Jared McCann.

Jared-McCann2.jpg

McCann is a two-way center that loves to shoot the puck, but can distribute it well too. We fell in love with his top-notch release and his high hockey IQ. Our scouts believe he should become a top6 forward for our team in a few years.

Future Considerations on our new acquisition.

McCann is a hard-working, two-way forward who displays strong agility and mobility. He's effective at both ends of the ice and has the ability to produce strong numbers due to his hands, patience, shot and sense.

JHabs has been PM'd.

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Good pick by the Ducks..and not a wild swing as Fiala is a competitor...works hard every shift, and of course very skilled. He'll play in the NHL.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Can you believe the fans actually petitioned to keep him, when they were fazing out the Mighty Ducks connection? If I'm not mistaken, the only place you can find the Mighty Duck logo anymore is on a patch of their 3rd jerseys... a step in the right direction, for sure. Is the bronze statue of Wild Wing outside the arena still there, I wonder?

Actually I think they're bringing the Mighty Ducks jerseys back for a one-off next season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad