The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
My list is ready!

Mr Commissioner, noticed that pick #51 is LAK, that was traded to CBJ for Marion Gaborik.

That pick is conditional upon both LA making the conference finals AND Gaborik re-signing.

Since we don't know the outcome, we usually just keep the pick as is.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
1st overall selection

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to Habsfan18 for organizing this now legendary mock draft. There are so many knowledgeable posters around here and it's always fun to see how well we did in some previous draft.

Now for the first pick of the 2014 Habs board mock draft,
:panthers

The Florida Panthers are proud to select from Barrie Colts: Aaron Ekblad.

aaron_ekblad_barrie_colts.jpg

Analysis:
Although I'm not really fond in selecting a defenseman so high in the draft, Aaron Ekblad is part of the exception. Mainly because there is no consensus franchise player and Ekblad has all the long term intangibles you want from a premier defenseman. He is not the most dynamic skater but he is very effective defensively and he is willing to put the work to succeed. He reminds me a bit of a mix between Pietrangelo (composure and calmness in his game) and Shea Weber (Shot and Strenght). He is not as mean as you would prefer for a guy his size but he is not shy of the physical play either. I'm not the Panthers in real life but IMO they should let him play one more year in junior before making the jump to pro. He could still improve his game without the pressure of performing in the NHL and living in the spotlight of a 1st overall pick.

The Buffalo Sabres and habsprospects are now on the clock.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
1l9vSEV.jpg

With the 2nd overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Left Winger Leon Draisaitl from the Prince Albert Raiders of the WHL.

Tim Murray said:
Intelligent playmaking forward with good offensive instincts. Effective in puck possession using his size against defenders and to maintain puck control. Displays top-end vision and can read the play ahead of his peers. With improved skating and a little more physically, he will become a force at higher level.

Last edited:

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
:edmonton

After some deliberation the Edmonton Oilers are ready to make our selection for the 2014 mock draft. We would like to thank Habsfan18 for all his work organizing the draft and all fellow posters taking part this year.

With the 3rd overall pick the Oilers are proud to select forward Samuel Bennett from the Kingston Frontenacs.

Bennett_Kingston_672x412.jpg

Player analysis to follow...

next team PMd.
Thank you

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:flames:flames:flames

With the 4th overall pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from the Kootenay Ice, forward Sam Reinhart.

Reinhart2400.jpg

We are thrilled to land a player of Sam's caliber at this point of the draft, as we feel he could have just as easily gone 1st overall. Sam is an exceptionally smart player with gifted hands and quick feet. He's a hard worker, a natural leader and, in our opinion, first-line centre material. We look forward to having a lethal 1-2 punch with him and Sean Monahan as well as having the possibility of uniting him with his brother Max.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Thanks to Habsfan18 for organizing everything. You are awesome.

The New York Islanders are proud to select....

Ehlers-scored-49-goals-for-Halifax-Yahoo-Canada-Sports-file-photo.jpg

Nikolaj Ehlers!

Love his speed and skill. Also thought it was the kind of pick the islanders might make. Ehlers will be lighting the lamp next to tavares for years.

habsfan18 has been PM'd.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks

With the 6th overall selection in the 2014 Habs board mock draft, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League...Michael Dal Colle!

S_Z_Generals_DalCollea___Content.jpg

"Michael is an extremely versatile forward with a high hockey IQ and strong character. We believe he can excel as a playmaking forward in the National Hockey League while also being more than capable of putting the puck in the net. We like his leadership abilities and the fact he's a strong forechecker who can play both center and the wing. He's also willing to engage physically and has been compared in some circles to Bobby Ryan and Patrick Marleau. We'll take either comparison."

Next GM will be PMd.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
:nucks:nucks

With the 6th overall selection in the 2014 Habs board mock draft, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League...Michael Dal Colle!

S_Z_Generals_DalCollea___Content.jpg

"Michael is an extremely versatile forward with a high hockey IQ and strong character. We believe he can excel as a playmaking forward in the National Hockey League while also being more than capable of putting the puck in the net. We like his leadership abilities and the fact he's a strong forechecker who can play both center and the wing. He's also willing to engage physically and has been compared in some circles to Bobby Ryan and Patrick Marleau. We'll take either comparison."

Next GM will be PMd.

Robbery :handclap:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Habs 4 Life had to drop out, so yoteshot will be taking over Winnipeg!

Good luck to H4L and welcome aboard yoteshot!

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
No 2nd round pick... but 2 4th rounders, could have been worse!

Plus I'm drafting really soon :)

Drafting after Watsatheo and Whitesnake... means I won't be allowed to sleep long haha.

Also, just realized that 6 Canadian teams are in the bottom 10 of the league, Yikes!

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I pretty much had my mind made up that I was picking between Dal Colle and Draisatl at 4. Would have went with Dal Colle. That was, of course, until Reinhart became available. Like they say, anything can happen in the draft ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad