OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I had my third game on the weekend. We had low turnout again, and it really got on my nerves. Three d-men again and I spent the whole game trying to catch my breath and picking the puck out of my net. We lost 11-4 and I didn't get a shot on net (I had three chances to do so and passed them all). I was a minus-6.

I've always been a guy who takes commitments really seriously, so it always irks me when people don't, especially when almost half the team decides to take a week off and leaves everyone else out to dry.

The other worrying thing is that in this league about half-way through, they make trades to try to even out teams. I'm afraid that our team is going to look like a worse team because our best players don't show up, and that it's going to result in one of us (me or my friend) being traded (given we're the worst players on the team).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I had my third game on the weekend. We had low turnout again, and it really got on my nerves. Three d-men again and I spent the whole game trying to catch my breath and picking the puck out of my net. We lost 11-4 and I didn't get a shot on net (I had three chances to do so and passed them all). I was a minus-6.

I've always been a guy who takes commitments really seriously, so it always irks me when people don't, especially when almost half the team decides to take a week off and leaves everyone else out to dry.

The other worrying thing is that in this league about half-way through, they make trades to try to even out teams. I'm afraid that our team is going to look like a worse team because our best players don't show up, and that it's going to result in one of us (me or my friend) being traded (given we're the worst players on the team).

On the bright side, all this extra work should give you some solid conditioning for when you guys are playing with a full team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
On the bright side, all this extra work should give you some solid conditioning for when you guys are playing with a full team.

Yeah, but the worst part was that at the end of the game, I felt like I'd spent all that energy and hadn't done anything. I guess it's the same feeling as when you go golfing and don't hit a single good shot, except I didn't feel like it was my fault.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, but the worst part was that at the end of the game, I felt like I'd spent all that energy and hadn't done anything. I guess it's the same feeling as when you go golfing and don't hit a single good shot, except I didn't feel like it was my fault.

At least you'll vastly improve your skating!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Never really got into lego's, even when I was a kid.

Though, I ALWAYS love to see this kind of stuff:

images

fwJYp4INHpeh9jnfKy5qtwWVo1_500.jpg

9a.Dur_Dubai_Skyscraper.jpg

That **** looks really cool

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What the hell, guys? Lego is a mass noun. I play with Lego, not legos. You might as well all be typing in comic sans.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
You're wrong.

Eggo is only one Eggo.

Same with being Diego.

Same with being Prego

Obviously lego follows suit.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I freaking HATE Windows 8!!

I hate how I can't have a pdf document in a window format. Isn't that why it was called windows?!

I really started to love Microsoft once I was able to split screen two different windows very quickly. I could multi-task and get work done efficiently. Now I can't read off a pdf file and work off a spreadsheet or document file. Why mess with a good thing!?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I freaking HATE Windows 8!!

I hate how I can't have a pdf document in a window format. Isn't that why it was called windows?!

I really started to love Microsoft once I was able to split screen two different windows very quickly. I could multi-task and get work done efficiently. Now I can't read off a pdf file and work off a spreadsheet or document file. Why mess with a good thing!?

What program are you using to open your PDF?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Anyone here suffer from sleep paralysis? Had a really scary one yesterday.

I wouldn't say I "suffer" from it but I have done it several times while trying to lucid dream. Its super easy to panic, but if you keep in mind the circumstance you can generally relax. The funny thing with sleep paralysis is if you panic it actually makes it that much harder to "wake up", oddly.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I wouldn't say I "suffer" from it but I have done it several times while trying to lucid dream. Its super easy to panic, but if you keep in mind the circumstance you can generally relax. The funny thing with sleep paralysis is if you panic it actually makes it that much harder to "wake up", oddly.

Yeah, I panicked way too much last night. It wasn't even normal paralysis either. There was a dark shadow who came into my bedroom and started laughing. Then my room got REALLY hot and his whole figure turned into a giant fireball. The shadow was laughing evilly the whole time. I couldn't move at all except my eyes.

Also, you try to lucid dream?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, I panicked way too much last night. It wasn't even normal paralysis either. There was a dark shadow who came into my bedroom and started laughing. Then my room got REALLY hot and his whole figure turned into a giant fireball. The shadow was laughing evilly the whole time. I couldn't move at all except my eyes.

Also, you try to lucid dream?

Thats ****ing terrifying. I have never had something like that happen, whenever its happened to me my hearing just comes extremely acute and I am kinda just stuck lying there. :laugh:

Yeah, used to. Haven't actually tried it in a long time but I got it to work twice, once I woke up after about 30 seconds and the second time felt like hours. Was pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad