OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Yeah, I panicked way too much last night. It wasn't even normal paralysis either. There was a dark shadow who came into my bedroom and started laughing. Then my room got REALLY hot and his whole figure turned into a giant fireball. The shadow was laughing evilly the whole time. I couldn't move at all except my eyes.

Also, you try to lucid dream?

Holy **** man! That would be horrifying! :amazed:

I'm fairly lucky I guess, I've never had legit sleep paralysis, pretty close tho. As a kid I suffered from reoccurring nightmares and false awakenings so often that I actually learned the patterns and began to lucid dream. I am now an avid lucid dreamer and know when I'm in a dream state most of the time. I have yet to be able to take full control and change things, but I can do the normal stuff like fly and wake myself up whenever I want. This actually affects my sleep because I wake myself up too often sometimes.

I have had nightmares as a kid where I'm laying in bed and a figure with glowing eyes comes into my room and stands above me and I can't move or scream. I finally am able to move and I run to my door and open it and the figure is standing in front me, then I wake up. I go to the door to get a water or something and the figure is standing there. I wake up, go to the door and the figure is there. This would happen all night sometimes. Like I said I started to learn it and was able to conquer it. Thats close to sleep paralysis but not as scary. I consider myself lucky in that respect.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Thats ****ing terrifying. I have never had something like that happen, whenever its happened to me my hearing just comes extremely acute and I am kinda just stuck lying there. :laugh:

Yeah, used to. Haven't actually tried it in a long time but I got it to work twice, once I woke up after about 30 seconds and the second time felt like hours. Was pretty cool!

Yeah, it's pretty scary. Sometimes there's a dark shadow with a weird far speaking gibberish. Still, pretty weird and scary.

How can you go about trying to lucid dream?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Holy **** man! That would be horrifying! :amazed:

I'm fairly lucky I guess, I've never had legit sleep paralysis, pretty close tho. As a kid I suffered from reoccurring nightmares and false awakenings so often that I actually learned the patterns and began to lucid dream. I am now an avid lucid dreamer and know when I'm in a dream state most of the time. I have yet to be able to take full control and change things, but I can do the normal stuff like fly and wake myself up whenever I want. This actually affects my sleep because I wake myself up too often sometimes.

I have had nightmares as a kid where I'm laying in bed and a figure with glowing eyes comes into my room and stands above me and I can't move or scream. I finally am able to move and I run to my door and open it and the figure is standing in front me, then I wake up. I go to the door to get a water or something and the figure is standing there. I wake up, go to the door and the figure is there. This would happen all night sometimes. Like I said I started to learn it and was able to conquer it. Thats close to sleep paralysis but not as scary. I consider myself lucky in that respect.

That second paragraph is actually really interesting and freaky. That basically is sleep paralysis but usually when you way up from sleep paralysis the shadow/figure is gone. Maybe it was a dream within a dream? Would the figure ever talk to you or anything?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, it's pretty scary. Sometimes there's a dark shadow with a weird far speaking gibberish. Still, pretty weird and scary.

How can you go about trying to lucid dream?

Are you sure MarkGio isn't sneaking into your room at night? :sarcasm:

Essentially you teach yourself a bunch of tricks, ques or patterns like Cord alluded to.

A simple one is to place an elastic on your arm and snap it against your wrist throughout the day, everyday for a couple weeks. Then when you are in a dream, you practice trying to remember to snap the elastic against your wrist, and you probably will be able to, but if you don't feel the pain, you will know you are dreaming.

Other common ones are to try to find a clock (in your dream) and look at the time, in dreams clocks will often shift time when you look at them and away, or you wont be able to tell the time at all. Counting your fingers or pinching yourself are some other ones. The trick is to practice this in real life, so that you are more likely to subconsciously try to do it in a dream.

For me the elastic and pinching myself is what worked.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
That second paragraph is actually really interesting and freaky. That basically is sleep paralysis but usually when you way up from sleep paralysis the shadow/figure is gone. Maybe it was a dream within a dream? Would the figure ever talk to you or anything?
They're called false awakenings and reoccurring ones at that. No it wouldn't talk to me but sometimes it would reach out and touch me and it was horrible. No not sexually. :laugh:

And like I said, it happened sooooo often that I eventually learned it was dream and destroyed the figure. Without getting into details because its ****ing weird, I showed that mofo who was boss. :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
And like I said, it happened sooooo often that I eventually learned it was dream and destroyed the figure. Without getting into details because its ****ing weird, I showed that mofo who was boss. :laugh:

Please do tell! I wanna try what you did when I have sleep paralysis and see the shadow. Or shoot me a PM.

Also, is false awakenings the same as sleep paralysis?

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Please do tell! I wanna try what you did when I have sleep paralysis and see the shadow. Or shoot me a PM.

Also, is false awakenings the same as sleep paralysis?

I stood up on my bed and shoved my hand down the ****ers throat down to my elbow. :laugh: Yeah I know that sounds ****ed up. Felt great tho. :biglaugh: Never messed with me again.

Not sure how you can do that to a ball of fire. Plus you gotta be able to get up outta your bed first, and realize it's just a dream. It took me years for this to happen.

No they're not the same. A false awakening is a dream where you wake up from your dream, but you're actually still dreaming. Some ppl will get ready for work or whatever, then wake up. Like a dream within a dream. Mine were more like reoccurring nightmares that were false awakenings and lucid dreams. Pretty complex. :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth
Are you sure MarkGio isn't sneaking into your room at night? :sarcasm:

Essentially you teach yourself a bunch of tricks, ques or patterns like Cord alluded to.

A simple one is to place an elastic on your arm and snap it against your wrist throughout the day, everyday for a couple weeks. Then when you are in a dream, you practice trying to remember to snap the elastic against your wrist, and you probably will be able to, but if you don't feel the pain, you will know you are dreaming.

Other common ones are to try to find a clock (in your dream) and look at the time, in dreams clocks will often shift time when you look at them and away, or you wont be able to tell the time at all. Counting your fingers or pinching yourself are some other ones. The trick is to practice this in real life, so that you are more likely to subconsciously try to do it in a dream.

For me the elastic and pinching myself is what worked.

Inception?

May 27, 2012
Earth
Also for you TFG.

False awakening

In a false awakening, one dreams of having awoken. The room the dreamer falsely awakens in is often similar to the room he/she fell asleep in. If the person was lucid, they often believe that they are no longer dreaming and begin their morning routine. The dreamer remains naive to the dream either until they realize they haven't actually woken up or until they really do wake up.

Sleep paralysis

During sleep the body paralyzes itself as a protection mechanism to prevent the movements that occur in the dream from causing the physical body to move. However, this mechanism can be triggered before, during, or after normal sleep while the brain awakens. This can lead to a state where the awakened sleeper feels paralyzed. Hypnagogic hallucination may occur in this state, especially auditory ones. Effects of sleep paralysis include heaviness or inability to move the muscles, rushing or pulsating noises, and brief hypnogogic or hypnopompic imagery.

May 27, 2012
Earth
9 years ago, I had a dream and and still remember every single detail about it. I was scared and stayed up for the next hour. A dream I had 8 years ago which was way worse. The dream started of like a regular day of school. Halfway through the school day, all students and teachers were directed to gym. Next thing you know it everybody in the gym is running for their lives, I remember running back to my classroom looking into each room as I ran by(I still remember it in detail) eventually I got to my class and a shadowy figure came out of the floor, and I immediately ran for the exit. When I got outside there were zombies running everywhere,it ended abruptly and I woke up shaking and was like that at for awhile or so and ended laying in the bed with my bed dad because I was so petrified. It was one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced. Going into ull detail would require me to write a book.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I stood up on my bed and shoved my hand down the ****ers throat down to my elbow. :laugh: Yeah I know that sounds ****ed up. Felt great tho. :biglaugh: Never messed with me again.
That's the way to do! What happened next? Did he die?

Not sure how you can do that to a ball of fire. Plus you gotta be able to get up outta your bed first, and realize it's just a dream. It took me years for this to happen.

Yeah, if I'm having a sleeping paralysis, I don't think I can get up whatsoever. When i was in paralysis last night, the ONLY thing I could move were my eyes. I tried to move my arms but couldn't.

No they're not the same. A false awakening is a dream where you wake up from your dream, but you're actually still dreaming. Some ppl will get ready for work or whatever, then wake up. Like a dream within a dream. Mine were more like reoccurring nightmares that were false awakenings and lucid dreams. Pretty complex. :laugh:

Yeah, nightmares suck.

Also for you TFG.

AH, so that's what I'm seeing I guess; those figures are ****ing scary! Especially if you cannot move and they're making weird noises.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Some pretty messed up **** going on in here!!

I can control my dreams, which is pretty weird according to some. Sometimes I don't like the outcome -- likely because its nightmarish -- so I just start over and redo, all without waking up. Its easy to do if you fall asleep with the same idea every night.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

I can control my dreams, which is pretty weird according to some. Sometimes I don't like the outcome -- likely because its nightmarish -- so I just start over and redo, all without waking up. Its easy to do if you fall asleep with the same idea every night.

lol, what do you think of before you fall asleep?!?!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

I think of a story I find interesting. I have a few that I cycle through over the course of a year. I have this middle-earth story, for example, that I created where I project myself as the main character and I'm strong enough (physically and in spirit) to overcome these challenges I create. I think about it every single night and whatever happens I'm my sleep, I overpower the outcome.

Its like some sort of imaginative confidence that I continually affirm. It works similar to hypnosis, which involves affirmation. I've discovered it can control negative dreaming for myself.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This also helps me fall asleep because I get bored of my stories enough to cause me to doze off, but they're not so boring where I deviate from this thought. They can get boring over time, so I have a few stories I recycle.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wow, some of you guys really put in a lot of effort for your dreams! Haha!

If I dreamt about what I was thinking of before I fell asleep, I'd be stiff all night and it has nothing to do with sleep paralysis :biglaugh:

The strangest dream I've ever had, I was in Walmart pushing a shopping cart doing some groceries. The intercom goes off and tells all the shoppers "the bell will go off in 3 seconds." I'm staring up at the ceiling trying to make sense of what that means... and in three seconds my alarm clock went off.

I have a lot of dreams about school, particularly being back in all levels of school but as an adult and not being ready for an exam or graduation or whatever, even though I got my degree almost a decade ago. I used to have a lot of re-occurring dreams about my teeth falling out. My friend told me it meant I was vain, but I think it was more literal. At the time, I used to average a visit to the dentist's office once every three years haha

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Or that's my theory anyways. Maybe that's not the reason why at all. It doesn't always work like that. Even if I deviate from my normal thought, I can still control negative events in my dreams. If not, the event will repeat itself over and over until I wake up. But I force them to repeat themselves over and over.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I think of a story I find interesting. I have a few that I cycle through over the course of a year. I have this middle-earth story, for example, that I created where I project myself as the main character and I'm strong enough (physically and in spirit) to overcome these challenges I create. I think about it every single night and whatever happens I'm my sleep, I overpower the outcome.

Its like some sort of imaginative confidence that I continually affirm. It works similar to hypnosis, which involves affirmation. I've discovered it can control negative dreaming for myself.

Ok. I'm going to truth that. I never want to go into sleep paralysis again.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Had a pretty horrible nightmare/sleep paralysis a couple months ago. I was sleeping and opened my eyes because I could feel something staring at me. I turned my head and seen a big black figure standing in our walk-in closet, just looking at me. Never felt so terrified in my life and I could do nothing! My mind was going insane but I couldn't move, yell, nothing, than finally when I managed to force myself to yell after what seemed like an eternity, I yelled "****in STOP IT!!!" At the top of my lungs. Scared the living **** out of my gf, stayed up the rest of the morning (5am) until work. Haven't had that since, but in my 21 yrs of existence that was the most terrifying dream I ever had.

Also, I had some pretty lucid dreams while taking piracitam.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
That's the way to do! What happened next? Did he die?
Then I woke up. In my mind I was no longer afraid and never had that dream again. This figure appeared in dreams randomly throughout the years again and it would trigger the lucidity. I would tell him to **** off and wake myself up, or even a few times talked to it and became friends. :laugh:

**** dreams are weird.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

I've tried so hard to do that with little to no success. I've only been able to continue dreams after I wake up. Hard to to though. The weirdest was once I was dreaming of some kind of Devil vs God battle, and I awoke in my bed, then when I closed my eyes, I could see the fight. Opened my eyes - in my room, close my eyes - fight. Really trippy.

So you say you can control the dreams you have, but can you control the dream when you're inside?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I've tried so hard to do that with little to no success. I've only been able to continue dreams after I wake up. Hard to to though. The weirdest was once I was dreaming of some kind of Devil vs God battle, and I awoke in my bed, then when I closed my eyes, I could see the fight. Opened my eyes - in my room, close my eyes - fight. Really trippy.

So you say you can control the dreams you have, but can you control the dream when you're inside?

Interesting. Only a few times can I recall continuing a dream after waking up. And it has to he a brief awake period.

But yes I can control the dreams once I'm inside. I cannot control what dreams I have. Their like normal random weird things that I dream up. Even if I fall asleep to the same thought night after night, i rarely ever dream that thought. But that has happened before. Usually once my dreams go negative (nightmarish), I can somewhat control them by restarting the situation and altering the events that happen. If I lose control and the nightmare repeats itself over and over (and it will repeat itself because I'm trying to control it) with no change in outcome, I force myself to wake up.

Last edited:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Interesting. Only a few times can I recall continuing a dream after waking up. And it has to he a brief awake period.

But yes I can control the dreams once I'm inside. I cannot control what dreams I have. Their like normal random weird things that I dream up. Even if I fall asleep to the same thought night after night, i rarely ever dream that thought. But that has happened before. Usually once my dreams go negative (nightmarish), I can somewhat control them by restarting the situation and altering the events that happen. If I lose control and the nightmare repeats itself over and over (and it will repeat itself because I'm trying to control it) with no change in outcome, I force myself to wake up.

Oh ok yea you have the same kind of lucid dreams as me. Most of the time when I feel the dream turning bad I just wake myself up before it even starts. I'm just like, **** this I'm out! :laugh:
How do you wake yourself up? I close my eyes in my dream and then open them up really fast. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times to actually wake myself up. Works every time tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad