The New York Rangers are a perfectly built team this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
They just need to work hard and get their new captain to use a little elbow grease and they should sweep the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Healthyish Penguins still claps them 5-1 any day, same with Tampa

I disagee with that. Igor looked off after that colisión with Cárter. (Last years playoffs)

NYR still beat em in 6/7 imo

Tampa? Different story. Id take Bolts in 7

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I mean besides the Rangers, I only see the Lightning and the Avs, as the teams that have elite hardware winning players in every position(G, D, W, C), and the Avs are questionable at G
Ok homer!

The Leafs (even though we all know they will choke in round 1) are a serious contender if they figure out defense can beat anyone

The Oilers with mediocre goaltending is scary as hell cause you know Dria and McJesus can outscore most teams.

Um I know I'm a fan and everything but the Canes have the best team game in the league, the best defense and yeah I know Shesty won the Venznia and everything but while he certainly deserved it that award is an opinion and the Canes won the Jennings which is based solely on numbers. So yeah they are up there also.

There's also a large group of really good team that if they get career years (like Shelby and Krieder did last year) can jump up to a top team.

Those teams
Vegas
Florida
Washington
Pittsburg
Boston
Minnesota

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
and got owned by the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Rangers fan, this thread is a turd but your take is comical. Owned? If you said by Hellebuyck, sure. The Jets didn't own anyone. It was a 2-1 game with two late goals when the Rangers were pressing to tie and the Jets got a PP. Hellebuyck stood on his head Friday.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He is 100% elite at this point. Likely hovering around 40 goals and 85ish points. Decent defensively too

The problem is scoring was ridiculously high last year. You can't look at his points in a bubble like that. 85 points was great when scoring was low.

He was 15th among centres last year in points, 20th among centres in PPG with at least 40 games.

How many centres in this league at a single position would you classify as elite?

I consider elite top 10 in a position, top 5 for goalies, maybe our definitions are different.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Honestly they seem to lack the finish for a top team. Reminds me of Colorado 2018-2021. All these good chances going to waste.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
and got owned by the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif
Lol rangers wing that game 95% of the time and we both know it.

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Their most elite forward, their captain and their Norris defender are all there not cause NYR is a well-managed, well-built team, but cause NYR is NYR.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I simply do not see any weaknesses in the Rangers roster this season, they are solid in every department. In my mind they are the best team in the East and only the Avs match them.

Vezina winning goalie in Shestyorkin

Norris winning defender in Fox

Elite 1C in Zibanejad

Elite 1W in Panarin

Great 2C in Trocheck

50 goal scorer in Kreider

Big physical presence in Blais, Reeves, Trouba

Elite young players in Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov

Deadly power play and solid penalty kill

Great coaching by Gallant
The word elite shouldn’t be used to describe Kakko and Kravtsov unless it’s followed by the word “bustl

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
A lot of people pointing out that they're a similar team as last year, but in a flat cap world even a lateral move is a good thing. I see a lot of promise from a rival's perspective. There's a lot of potential to grow from within. Examples include the defensive role Zib is taking while still producing offensively, guys like Laf/Chytil/Kakko taking another step forward. And then you have the potential of a big trade at the deadline, they have lots of flexibility to make a move.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Fair for Kravtsov, probably not for Kakko. Dude clearly worked his ass off this summer. He looks far closer to the guy we saw highlights from three years back again.
I’ve heard this for going on three years now.

“Watch him play, he looks elite”.

Then you see he’s playing at a 30pt pace and is at times scratched.

You don’t draft a guy 2nd overall to get a meh defensive third line guy.

Until he starts producing, he’s come nowhere close to his draft status… which would make him a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad